Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it difficult to understand why Fabio going out on loan is an issue.
He can’t score he needs to play at a different level.

His strike rate in the league is comparable to Raul's post injury, FYI

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go all out for Bellotti or Ben Yedder now.

There's no point going into the stupidity of the Fabio loan and lack of signings so far... it's negligent and needs a miracle to get us out of this hole now. If we pull some signings off then fair enough but this is, at the moment, a shambles to say the least.
Ben Yedder being linked with ManUre.

• Sad
Reactions: Ned

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well looking on the bright side for a moment it’s better that Raul is injured now than on 2 September! With an injury now and his drop in performances since his head injury we should be looking for a competitor not a back up for him. Going to cost, but not as much as relegation, so suck it up Fosun like we had to with season tickets.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it difficult to understand why Fabio going out on loan is an issue.
He can’t score he needs to play at a different level.
Yes a striker or two is needed but he was not the answer for this season at least
Exactly! Most likely a great move for him and a smart one for Wolves…….he wasn’t quite PL ready.
Yes, Raul is injured but neither he or Silva set the world on fire last season anyway.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly! Most likely a great move for him and a smart one for Wolves…….he wasn’t quite PL ready.
Yes, Raul is injured but neither he or Silva set the world on fire last season anyway.
This is all well and good but we don't have a replacement?

Tell you what I'd rather have Silva starting against Leeds than trying to play one of our wide players who will struggle to hold the ball up. We have seen so many times not having a natural centre forward in the side doesn't work!!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My prediction is that Bournemouth comfortably go down, while all the pundits consistently and inexplicably praise Scott "Scotty" Parker, and say he deserves the chance to bring them back up.

Lets hope so! Also, it would be typical for Forest to get off to a spectacular start. Top 6 at end of August. Then slowly drop down the table till they are firmly in the relegation battle by next April. If they survive, relegated next season.

Seen it happen so many times to teams who are new to the top division. Momentum gets them off to a great start, then reality sets in with those cold, dark December matches at the Etihad. I know Forest were big a few decades ago, but they are basically this seasons Brentford/Blackpool/Hull/Sheff Utd/Huddersfield/Carlisle (for the older ones!) .

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course what this really means is that we'll be faffing around looking to bring in any player vaguely capable of playing up front, whilst yet again the CM gets completely overlooked and we start the season with the exact same midfield we've had for 4 years and gradually slip back into a back 5 as to accommodate.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Season starts in 10 days.

The fact we have such a winnable set of fixtures in August makes it even more annoying just how incompetent these charlatans are.
Looks back at Wolves history over last 35 years... hmm, not sure I can agree with the last bit of that statement.

And no that doesn't mean I don't want two more players in because I do, and I log in every day to see if we've signed a CM or a forward yet!

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
I think it is a load of crap about Morgan to Forest selling to a promoted club sends the wrong message to fans especially as Bruno wants to keep him
You heard what shi thinks of our supporters. He certainly ain’t worried about upsetting the fan base
We’ve looked the best we’ve looked attacking wise with MGW in pre-season since probably Raul & Jota the year we came up. If we flog him now after all the waiting im going full ****ing pitchforks.
let’s see how we play our first few games before giving plaudits. The teams we played, premier league they ain’t

Wolvessince63

Reaction score
Wolves won’t act hastily in the transfer market and certainly won’t commit to deals which don’t make financial sense. Wolves’ hierarchy will point to Hwang Hee-chan, who has returned to training following a hip complaint, as an alternative striking option in Jimenez’s absence.

A short-term solution is needed, especially with Silva not due to return for 12 months, but it will be a deal which suits Wolves financially. Rightly or wrongly, Wolves are patient in transfer windows, so they aren’t likely to rush into anything because of an injury - even one as significant as this.

Wolvessince63

Reaction score
Chairman Jeff Shi and technical director Scott Sellars’ search for a new striker is now even more important. Unless a striker is added to Lage’s squad in the next week, Daniel Podence is likely to be fielded as a false nine against Leeds.

Podence has experience playing in that position, but it’s far from ideal for Wolves to play without a focal point. Lage is desperate for a new striker - but the stance of Fosun and Shi isn’t expected to change.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah.

In my opinion to play without a striker (I include Hwang in this as I mean a focal point and he's not that) you need to be excellent in possession. You need to dominate the ball, control play and hope to open them up in the final third.

We aren't going to do that at Leeds.

So, I'd expect a 5-3-2 or whatever you want to call it as it will allow us to soak up more pressure and try to break.

Whoever is fit in goal
Jonny - Collins - Coady - Kilman - Ait-Nouri
Dendoncker - Neves - Moutinho
MGW - Neto

That's what I'd expect as it stands.

Very likely, but also very depressing lineup.

MGW's arent slow, but hes not lightning fast either and his main qualities wouldn't be utilised very much in this.
Also as we've seen often before with this kind of lineup, whenever our 1 or 2 wingers up front receive the ball, they'll have to wait forever before our rather slow midfield gets forward in support meaning the opponent get back or win the ball back.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets hope so! Also, it would be typical for Forest to get off to a spectacular start. Top 6 at end of August. Then slowly drop down the table till they are firmly in the relegation battle by next April. If they survive, relegated next season.

Seen it happen so many times to teams who are new to the top division. Momentum gets them off to a great start, then reality sets in with those cold, dark December matches at the Etihad. I know Forest were big a few decades ago, but they are basically this seasons Brentford/Blackpool/Hull/Sheff Utd/Huddersfield/Carlisle (for the older ones!) .
Pre Clough and post Clough a nothing team

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The noise to find out why he wasn't playing would have got louder and louder. They had to say something, and my fear is 8 weeks out could be a conservative estimate.
I do agree but why not wait let people think groin strain maybe back in a couple of weeks giving breathing space to get the signing we need

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope Jeff doesn’t get upset when he hears what the Legacy Fans think of his transfer dealings.

What was the excuse for hiking the price of season tickets ?

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any club that loans out their young striker with no replacement lined up also tells everyone we are pretty clueless. Or disinterested.
But he was not a ready starter so not the answer if here or not the issue is a striker wasn’t sourced sooner it was obvious last season

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chairman Jeff Shi and technical director Scott Sellars’ search for a new striker is now even more important. Unless a striker is added to Lage’s squad in the next week, Daniel Podence is likely to be fielded as a false nine against Leeds.

Podence has experience playing in that position, but it’s far from ideal for Wolves to play without a focal point. Lage is desperate for a new striker - but the stance of Fosun and Shi isn’t expected to change.
It will no doubt come into sharp focus when we drop into 5 at the back mode and the wingbacks punt aimless high balls into the box!

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
0 fit strikers and 3 CM's.

Season starts in 10 days.

The fact we have such a winnable set of fixtures in August makes it even more annoying just how incompetent these charlatans are.
Its as if we've been transported in the Moxey days. Stingier than Jezza at this rate which is saying something.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty still capable of putting the ball in the net and we will make the right move for players when we can. All the moaning and groaning is not going to change where we are at. Keep calm and carry on so to speak.
Not a lot evidence to support it, unfortunately. Certainly not over the last two seasons. Sure, we’ve looked more threatening in pre-season playing with a 4 at the back and we’ve scored goals. But Neto, Podence and Hwang are all injury prone and are not consistent. MGW is an unknown quantity at PL level as a regular starter.

We’ll soon find out if Bruno reverts to the familiar 5-3-2 as his starting formation until Raul returns.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a lot evidence to support it, unfortunately. Certainly not over the last two seasons. Sure, we’ve looked more threatening in pre-season playing with a 4 at the back and we’ve scored goals. But Neto, Podence and Hwang are all injury prone and are not consistent. MGW is an unknown quantity at PL level as a regular starter.
The game against Sporting at the weekend is even more important. Keen to see how we lineup, who plays up front, if Hwang takes any part, and if we revert to 5 at the back at some point.

I just hope we come through unscathed. Imagine losing Neto or Podence a week before the Leeds game.

Back
Top Bottom