Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he would do well in that league

Mind you I would fancy a goal or two in that league
Exactly and they could afford an ok transfer fee too if he does well. They can offer him Europe too, so if rangers have another good season and he hits some form he is in the shop window. And with how passionate their fans are and if they take to him Ibrox could be an amazing atmosphere to play in and lift his levels.

All wishful thinking though

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't we do a swap surely Vigo have a CM we could look at .
Fran Beltrán
Central Midfield
Spain
Jun 30, 2026

Probably there best player - would require cash and cutrone

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
talksport saying wolves news for later? anyone catch that

Suppose to be about gibbs-white? i guess contract renewal?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't we do a swap surely Vigo have a CM we could look at .

Just get Hobbs on the flight and take Cutrone to Vigo and bring us back Fran Beltran

I like Renato Tapia if you want a defensive midfielder. Terrible going forward and they'd probably want a nice bit of cash too.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he is not linked but it is desperate times to try and get a midfielder in . Here is his youtube highlights. Jeff forget Hobbs stick me on a flight with a bag of cash I will bring him back . Just sort a one bedroom apartment out in Bushbury for me to drop him back in an Uber when we land.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
a few people on twitter saying nunes to liverpool (not agents just normal peeps)- is that true ? a rumour anywhere ? or are they just talking ****

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a few people on twitter saying nunes to liverpool (not agents just normal peeps)- is that true ? a rumour anywhere ? or are they just talking ****

He's linked to them recently. Liverpool fans jump to many conclusions. But I doubt he'll be coming here anyway

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we forget Dendoncker is a regular in one of the consistently highest ranked national teams in the world, he's not there by fluke. He can be our fall guy at times, but he has a good skill set we'll miss, especially given how bad we are at improving squad depth..

We dont forget. We dont forget at all. In fact we can’t can’t forget (we wish we could) as that meaningless fact is thrown at anyone who points out he is er…..not very good.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabinho, Rodri, Kante, Romeu, Soucek, Ndidi, Doucoure and Hojberg are not unsung or unnoticed. All are pretty well appreciated.

Milivojevic doesn't get into the Palace team anymore. Longstaff isn't a first choice starter either. Dallas plays out wide.

McTominay and Xhaka have been overrated and struggle to meet the expectations of the clubs they are at.

Other than that. Spot on.
Add Donk to your first paragraph and you will be spot on as well!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Donk really is the modern day Dave Edwards isnt he
International player,runs around a lot,rarely makes a forward pass,scores the odd goal,rarely make a tackle worth calling one
Loved by some hated by others
Good squad player but can be improved on massively
If he stays fine, if he goes fine, as long as hes replaced with someone better

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that Brighton have rejected a £30m Cucurella bid from City. Can see a last minute bid from City for Ait-Nouri.

They want £50 million apparently. Not a bad turnaround for a left back they signed 12 months ago for £16 miliion

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Donk really is the modern day Dave Edwards isnt he
International player,runs around a lot,rarely makes a forward pass,scores the odd goal,rarely make a tackle worth calling one
Loved by some hated by others
Good squad player but can be improved on massively
If he stays fine, if he goes fine, as long as hes replaced with someone better

I was a big anti Dave but I support Donk. Edwards pressed like a headless chicken and basically played as a striker instead of a midiflder.

While Donk is better at filling in spaces and pressing when he needs too, and does selfless roles for the team.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Add Donk to your first paragraph and you will be spot on as well!

I thought your point was that Donk is under-appreciated though. Are you seriously putting him in the same bracket as the likes of Rodri, Fabinho and Kante?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Half of those players are bang average. The others do a good job of protecting teams with great attacking output. Unlike say, us.
All do the same job whoever they play for.

I agree some of them are bang average but they get regular minutes for Premier League clubs.

Their managers trust them and their team mates wouldn’t hear a bad word said against them!

Going back a bit, I remember the stick Karl Henry used to get. Club captain who got us promoted under Mick. Always did a job in an unfashionable position and got stick for it. Merlin would have soon give a b******ing to anyone who criticised Karl!

Donk does a job for us wherever he plays. Not saying he’s brilliant or anything like that. He just gets on with it and has never been a problem.

Oh and he’s got a great name for a footballer!

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think we forget Dendoncker is a regular in one of the consistently highest ranked national teams in the world, he's not there by fluke. He can be our fall guy at times, but he has a good skill set we'll miss, especially given how bad we are at improving squad depth..
He started in defence next to Vertonghen and Aldeweirld the other day and I wouldn’t sign either of them these days either.

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
We dont forget. We dont forget at all. In fact we can’t can’t forget (we wish we could) as that meaningless fact is thrown at anyone who points out he is er…..not very good.
That wasn't the point, you don't know what you've got until it's gone as Cinderella used to say. Didn't realise there was a Donk hate train, my apologise, I'll move on lol..

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought your point was that Donk is under-appreciated though. Are you seriously putting him in the same bracket as the likes of Rodri, Fabinho and Kante?
To be honest no I’m not but they are A’s.

Donk would be in the B’s.

There are a few C’s and D’s and maybe E’s though!

They all do a job in an unglamorous position playing in the best league in the world.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest no I’m not but they are A’s.

Donk would be in the B’s.

There are a few C’s and D’s and maybe E’s though!

They all do a job in an unglamorous position playing in the best league in the world.

Donk doesn't do the same job as them for us though. They are pivots. Donk doesn't play as a pivot for us.

Liam pearce

Groupie
Reaction score
“Arizona natives Gabriel Gonzalez & Phillie Villapudua joined up with @Wolves' U-21 squad in Utah after standing out at their 'Golden Chance' program.

The first of its kind US-based program allows young players to train & play under EPL coaches”

I like this move by wolves, hopefully exploiting the American market may prove fruitful. With all the noise about Chelsea’s troubles with players. I’d test their resolve on Pulisic

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He started in defence next to Vertonghen and Aldeweirld the other day and I wouldn’t sign either of them these days either.
I wouldn’t sign either of them either!

They are coming to the end of their careers. Vertonghen is 35 and Alderweireld is 33.

Donk could be a replacement for one of them.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wouldn’t sign either of them either!

They are coming to the end of their careers. Vertonghen is 35 and Alderweireld is 33.

Donk could be a replacement for one of them.
Just goes into the “he plays for Belgium so must be great” conversation - he plays because their defensive options are really poor/old now.

And he doesn’t play in midfield any more, he plays in a 3 man defence (where he’s not particularly good either).

He’s a good lad, works hard, doesn’t cause any **** - but we should definitely be looking to move him on and upgrade.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Donk doesn't do the same job as them for us though. They are pivots. Donk doesn't play as a pivot for us.
Maybe he doesn’t but his versatility is vital to us.

Names I have mentioned play in the pivot position every match (maybe with the exception of Fabinho who has played in central defence in emergency). Donk plays wherever needed, midfield or defence.

If he left (I hope he doesn’t) he would be replaced by a like for like player imo.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Arizona natives Gabriel Gonzalez & Phillie Villapudua joined up with @Wolves' U-21 squad in Utah after standing out at their 'Golden Chance' program.

The first of its kind US-based program allows young players to train & play under EPL coaches”

I like this move by wolves, hopefully exploiting the American market may prove fruitful. With all the noise about Chelsea’s troubles with players. I’d test their resolve on Pulisic

I don't they'll play any minutes while on tour. They just won a competition

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just goes into the “he plays for Belgium so must be great” conversation - he plays because their defensive options are really poor/old now.

And he doesn’t play in midfield any more, he plays in a 3 man defence (where he’s not particularly good either).

He’s a good lad, works hard, doesn’t cause any **** - but we should definitely be looking to move him on and upgrade.
Fair enough, but if he was upgraded he would need to be replaced by a like for like player imo.

Someone else to criticise no doubt!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone linked with Rangers

Could be on here but the incidental talk kills any chance of finding real rumours

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe he doesn’t but his versatility is vital to us.

Names I have mentioned play in the pivot position every match (maybe with the exception of Fabinho who has played in central defence in emergency). Donk plays wherever needed, midfield or defence.

If he left (I hope he doesn’t) he would be replaced by a like for like player imo.

I agree he is important to our squad due to his versatility. You are now you are saying he isn't comparable to all the players you compared him to though, so I'm glad we agree the comparison was pointless.

Madmalc

Reaction score
I agree,but talk of us wanting Nunes has been going on for weeks now.And all we seem to hear is,he is not interested in joining wolves and is waiting for better offers.Why the **** do we keep trying to get players here that dow want to come..That's my gripe.
What I want to hear from these players is.
I hear wolves are after me,I wouldn't mind that,they seem like a team that is gonna be a good team in a couple of years and the players seem happy there.I'll have some of that..

Yeah I know the last sentence is *******s BUT.
I think the opposite We aren't interested in Nunes, he would be a downgrade on Dendonker

Back
Top Bottom