Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not only was he not a bit part player at Blades, he was actually their main man. Frankly that is unlikely to happen at Molineux anytime soon however well he does.
Sadly, I think you are right. Unless, of course, Bruno switches away from Neves/Moutinho as the mainstay in midfield and sees MGW as the man to help bolster our attacking game.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just because we’re bored…….
Starting tomorrow, what date will be our first squad ready signing be? I thought we’d see or hear more things unfolding this week.
Last day is August 12th…….so, what’s your guess? If someone starts a poll, great.

I‘m gonna guess first new player is Thursday 7th.
Second player in on the 13th.
Why is the last date August 12th?

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But that is counting Bournemouth signing Ryan Fredericks and "Joe Rothwell", Palace signing an 18 year old and a backup keeper from WBA, Man U signing someone I've never heard of...
Well, Malacia is a £13m signing from Feyenoord, Ten Hag's first so I imagine he will get game time. Fredericks will probably walk into Bournemouth's starting XI. Sam Johnstone played 36 games for Boggies last season, so I don't know where you got the idea he's a backup from. He missed games at the end of the season (presumably because he told his manager he would not be re-signing). He's got nearly 40 appearances at Premier League, too; I imagine he will push Guaita for a starting place at Palace. They're first-team squad signings.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moving him from there was incredibly stupid.
I think it proved he wasn’t ready for the step. If you read the article both him and Giles have been told to go and be standout performers now that they know they’re comfortable at that level. If they do then great and they may play for Wolves in the future. Personally I think they’ll be sold at Xmas or next year if they’re not pulling up trees.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So pointless, surely we could have gotten some money for him this time, rather than another pointless loan which doesn't benefit us.
The problem is most clubs in the championship don't have any money bar the relegated sides with parachute money.....the teams are skint ....that's why we are struggling to shift the Sanderson n Giles....even for fees of 2-6m....

Last edited:

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moving him from there was incredibly stupid.
But sanderson got the "experience" of being part of a play off chasing team at QPR.
In all seriousness i think Wolves were banking on him doing well at qpr so they would feel inclined to buy him for 10 million if they went up. It didn't work out for him.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But sanderson got the "experience" of being part of a play off chasing team at QPR.
In all seriousness i think Wolves were banking on him doing well at qpr so they would feel inclined to buy him for 10 million if they went up. It didn't work out for him.
To be brutally honest if Sanderson couldn't hack it at QPR in the upper reaches of the Chump it seems rather unlikely that he will in the PL.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just because we’re bored…….
Starting tomorrow, what date will be our first squad ready signing be? I thought we’d see or hear more things unfolding this week.
Last day is August 12th…….so, what’s your guess? If someone starts a poll, great.

I‘m gonna guess first new player is Thursday 7th.
Second player in on the 13th.
Maybe january

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not good enough for Wolves?
I think it’s fair to say most of us would enjoy the football Southampton played when he was there and during his early tenure at Spurs.
He isn’t coming here of course, but you clearly don’t rate him Dan.

Maurizio Pochettino is his son that just got released from Watford and was previously released from Spurs

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So pointless, surely we could have gotten some money for him this time, rather than another pointless loan which doesn't benefit us.

Agree. It looks like he will never make it here. If he had any chance it would have been this summer to impress with Saiss gone. Centre back options are at present, Coady, Kilman, Toti, Mosquera, Boly with the likes of Marques, Lonwijk behind. Without a doubt we need another centre back in as can see Marques and Lonwijk going out on loan, Mosquera didnt look amazing in the u23's although I hope he can come on strong in pre season and Boly's fitness record is not great at all.

Really hope for some positive incoming news soon as it is so quiet. Brentford about to sign two players so it will be just us and two other teams who are yet to make a single signing and one of those teams is Chelsea who will be signing players in the coming days. Really dispiriting seeing us still waiting for our first senior signing when our need is great. Most be annoying and frustrating for Bruno who must be desperate to build his own squad yet so far is not getting any sort of tools.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Could even use him in part exchange for another player at other clubs. Other Championship clubs would surely have been interested. Could maybe have approached Burnley for Collins and tried to do some sort of deal.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could even use him in part exchange for another player at other clubs. Other Championship clubs would surely have been interested. Could maybe have approached Burnley for Collins and tried to do some sort of deal.

Thats what I thought we might do with Burnley to get Collins price down, not sure how we plan to buy anyone if the players that are sellable and unlikely to have a future here are just constantly loaned out.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats what I thought we might do with Burnley to get Collins price down, not sure how we plan to buy anyone if the players that are sellable and unlikely to have a future here are just constantly loaned out.
Obviously nobody wants Sanderson....don't see why Vincent kompany would want Sanderson..he hasn't stood out in the championship at all........ Kompany would probably use his connections and loan of a youngster off man city or get one from Belgium..... Sanderson isn't good enough for Burnley to mount a promotion push on...

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously nobody wants Sanderson....don't see why Vincent kompany would want Sanderson..he hasn't stood out in the championship at all........ Kompany would probably use his connections and loan of a youngster off man city or get one from Belgium..... Sanderson isn't good enough for Burnley to mount a promotion push on...

They have lost Tarkowski & Mee and potentially Collins might leave as well so they would have found him a useful cheap back up option in the Championship

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have lost Tarkowski & Mee and potentially Collins might leave as well so they would have found him a useful cheap back up option in the Championship
I nw...but it doesn't make Sanderson good enough .... kompany hasn't gone there to sign Sanderson....Collins might not even be available, unless it's for a ridiculous fee, which probably rules us out ...

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is most clubs in the championship don't have any money bar the relegated sides with parachute money.....the teams are skint ....that's why we are struggling to shift the Sanderson n Giles....even for fees of 2-6m....
46D77F91-2AD9-4CB1-A600-317492F7302D.jpeg
Spot on. Total spending of championship clubs last season.

Very difficult to move players we have who aren’t prem standard to the championship for decent money.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 28721
Spot on. Total spending of championship clubs last season.

Very difficult to move players we have who aren’t prem standard to the championship for decent money.
Good post, TY.

What is striking is firstly that the two biggest spenders finished top two and secondly that their combined spend wouldn't buy one mid-top level PL player.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton have shown late interest in rivalling Nottingham Forest for the signing of Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White, The Athletic understands.

It is expected that Wolves will demand a fee in the region of £30 million for the England Under-21 international, who spent last season on loan at Sheffield United.

Talks over a new contract have not progressed, however. The player only has two years remaining on his current deal, having been offered a contract extension at the end of the 2021-22 season.

His reluctance to sign fresh terms may lead to Wolves cashing in on him this summer — especially given Ruben Neves looks increasingly unlikely to leave this summer, limiting the amount the club can spend on new signings.

Back
Top Bottom