Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Greeder League

T

Tettenhall Wolf

** Premier League wages at new highs **

The proportion of income that top flight football clubs in England are spending on wages has hit a new high, says Deloitte.

< http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18248540 >

Inbeleivable. Where will it stop? Needs to stop!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The trouble with capping wages at x% of revenue is that Utd have a far higher revenue than anyone else and will therefore be able to pay higher wages than anyone else, just like before Chelsea and then City came along.

Whilst people (me included) moan about Chelsea & City's spending they're only doing what Utd have done for years, spend miles more than your rivals to win everything.

Whatever people say about Arsenal, you have to admire them. They've built a new ground, spend sensibly and often make a profit in the transfer windows yet still challenge and sort of keep pace with those three.

I can't wait for the day the bubble bursts and these sorts of clubs go out of business, no club/business is too big to fail, except maybe Barcelona & Madrid due to their relationships with their national banks.

I really want them to form this super league, it will be the death of those clubs, they'd be below the Spanish Giants, the German clubs and probably on par with the Italian clubs due to all the problems going on with Italian football lately. How many of those glory hunters would choose Utd over Barcelona? Or Chelsea over Madrid? Or City over Bayern?

They'd sit in the bottom half of the European Super League unable to challenge at the top, as other clubs can match they're spending power.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red Socks

Groupie
Reaction score
the trouble with capping wages at x% of revenue is that utd have a far higher revenue than anyone else and will therefore be able to pay higher wages than anyone else, just like before chelsea and then city came along.

Whilst people (me included) moan about chelsea & city's spending they're only doing what utd have done for years, spend miles more than your rivals to win everything.

Whatever people say about arsenal, you have to admire them. They've built a new ground, spend sensibly and often make a profit in the transfer windows yet still challenge and sort of keep pace with those three.

I can't wait for the day the bubble bursts and these sorts of clubs go out of business, no club/business is too big to fail, except maybe barcelona & madrid due to their relationships with their national banks.

I really want them to form this super league, it will be the death of those clubs, they'd be below the spanish giants, the german clubs and probably on par with the italian clubs due to all the problems going on with italian football lately. How many of those glory hunters would choose utd over barcelona? Or chelsea over madrid? Or city over bayern?

They'd sit in the bottom half of the european super league unable to challenge at the top, as other clubs can match they're spending power.

Agree totally, Man U do have many proper fans, however out of the claimed 680 million worldwide you have to ask why do they "support" them, the majority of these are surely floating fans who would very quickly move onto the next successful glamour club if Man U went into decline.

DawleyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The trouble with capping wages at x% of revenue is that Utd have a far higher revenue than anyone else and will therefore be able to pay higher wages than anyone else, just like before Chelsea and then City came along.

Whilst people (me included) moan about Chelsea & City's spending they're only doing what Utd have done for years, spend miles more than your rivals to win everything.

Whatever people say about Arsenal, you have to admire them. They've built a new ground, spend sensibly and often make a profit in the transfer windows yet still challenge and sort of keep pace with those three.

I can't wait for the day the bubble bursts and these sorts of clubs go out of business, no club/business is too big to fail, except maybe Barcelona & Madrid due to their relationships with their national banks.

I really want them to form this super league, it will be the death of those clubs, they'd be below the Spanish Giants, the German clubs and probably on par with the Italian clubs due to all the problems going on with Italian football lately. How many of those glory hunters would choose Utd over Barcelona? Or Chelsea over Madrid? Or City over Bayern?

They'd sit in the bottom half of the European Super League unable to challenge at the top, as other clubs can match they're spending power.

well said sir!

C

crasm98

New Rules need to be brought in. it might actually give the lower teams of competing.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The Spanish banks are in the cack big time.

F

fatlarry

no club/business is too big to fail, except maybe Barcelona & Madrid due to their relationships with their national banks

Hmmmmmmm. Spanish banks. Secure and reliable sponsors...

Ivegotawolvesscarf

Reaction score
'Banks too big to fail' - ring any bells?

But the banks didn't fail in the end - they weren't allowed to and had plenty of high-placed buddies in government to make sure that was the case.

This whole "their time will come" idea smacks of wishful thinking on the part of fans like us. The PL and Champions League "product" is wholly reliant on the brands of Barca, United, Liverpool etc. Even if they found themselves in a Leeds-esque meltdown I just don't think they'd be allowed to disappear. Look at the quandary in Scotland where everyone knows that it'd be unfair to allow Rangers to stay up if they reformed as a new club but the whole league will be $$$$ed without them.

D

Dewsburywolf

Look at the quandary in Scotland where everyone knows that it'd be unfair to allow Rangers to stay up if they reformed as a new club but the whole league will be $$$$ed without them.

And yet Livingston were thrown down to the Third Division :mad:

Back
Top Bottom