Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Football Ramble feat Bully

Reaction score
Dunno how many of you listen to the Football Ramble, but it's hilarious and definitely worth a go. It's a weekly football podcast but once a week isn't frequent enough for me so was exploring the archives and found this one:
http://www.thefootballramble.com/show/episode/mighty-manchester-and-malmo-madams
Basically at the end of each episode they induct a former player into their hall of fame, that week's one being Steve Bull, and do a short profile on them.

In general is worth a listen anyway, at http://www.thefootballramble.com/show

Any other Ramblers on the Mix? Assume there must be.

EDIT: The bit on Bully is ~40mins in by the way. But listen to the whole thing :p

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Markwolf

Yep, it's an excellent podcast, alongside the Guardian football podcast.

C

cooper_J

The ramble is the best football podcast by a country mile, although listening to Pete Donaldson do the adverts for celebrity trash on ITV2 does grate with me.

Though Guardian weekly is quality and I've no idea why James Richardson isn't used by any of the British broadcaster is beyond me. Worth listening to just for him and Barry Glenndenning, although some of the contributers are a pretentious football snobs e.g Ralf Honningstein.

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ramble is the best football podcast by a country mile, although listening to Pete Donaldson do the adverts for celebrity trash on ITV2 does grate with me.

Though Guardian weekly is quality and I've no idea why James Richardson isn't used by any of the British broadcaster is beyond me. Worth listening to just for him and Barry Glenndenning, although some of the contributers are a pretentious football snobs e.g Ralf Honningstein.

I think you mean Raphael. Football weekly is obviously more high brow but Richardson injects enough levity to keep it from becoming an intellectual circle jerk. Then you have top class journalists like Philippe Auclair & Jonathan Wilson, the football savant and brainchild of The Blizzard (THE best football publication going). I totally agree with you on Richardson, he is a fantastic presenter, far, far superior to Lineker or the raison-eyed pug face on ITV.

I'd say the holy trinity of the football podcast world is the Ramble, Football Weekly and of course the World Football phone in with Tim Vickery, Andy Brassell & Sean Wheelock. Can't go wrong subscribing to those.

C

Craddockinho

I think you mean Raphael. Football weekly is obviously more high brow but Richardson injects enough levity to keep it from becoming an intellectual circle jerk. Then you have top class journalists like Philippe Auclair & Jonathan Wilson, the football savant and brainchild of The Blizzard (THE best football publication going). I totally agree with you on Richardson, he is a fantastic presenter, far, far superior to Lineker or the raison-eyed pug face on ITV.

I'd say the holy trinity of the football podcast world is the Ramble, Football Weekly and of course the World Football phone in with Tim Vickery, Andy Brassell & Sean Wheelock. Can't go wrong subscribing to those.

I was going to reply, however it would just be a copy and paste job of this post.

Blizzard people.

S

SourCream&OnionUtd

Nice! Sean always looked a bit creepy in front of the camera, but he definitely knows his stuff.

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers, some decent insight there. Still gutted for Matt. He always comes across as a top lad.

Good also to hear the club supported him and saw him well.

Back
Top Bottom