Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Elephant in the Room…

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love him, he’s been brilliant for us, you can call him Mr Wolves, but I think we have to go back 4 and that’ll mean dropping CC.. we need that extra attacking threat and we’re on our way…

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure it's much of an elephant, been mentioned on a few threads recently....

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The higher line has really shown how slow he is. I don’t think he has struggled as such, but definitely seems the most uncomfortable with the changes.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need the signings at the back. Unfortunately losing our first three games and sitting in the relegation zone isn't likely to convince those we would like to come that we're a club on the up.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Love coady and think he is a decent player but I don’t think he is suited to Bruno’s style (high line) and is probably in danger of being the most likely of the current three to be replaced - mostly due to a lack of pace which seems to be the opposition’s main way of trying attempts on goal currently. I would be very keen to go to a back 4 and put an extra player around jiminez to try and finish some chances.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He can't play in a back 4 playing a high line far too slow.

If we sign a centre back i expect we will move to a back 4 and he will be on the bench.

Last edited:

Stourwolf

Reaction score
He can't play in a back 4 playing a high line far too slow.

If we sign a centre back i expect we will move to a book 4 and he will be on the bench.
I agree.Coady is a luxury at the moment for the defence.surely with 2 DM and a new CB this would allow to play an extra attacker..I.e Hwang as a no 10

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The elephant in the room is that if Jimenez takes his protective mask off, underneath it’s William Jose.
This is very harshly put, and a tad OTT, but that's most definitely the real elephant in the room. Coady's weaknesses are well known, but the losses have not been down to him (even at Leicester, most CBs get done by Vardy) they've been down to a lack of finishing.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love him, he’s been brilliant for us, you can call him Mr Wolves, but I think we have to go back 4 and that’ll mean dropping CC.. we need that extra attacking threat and we’re on our way…
Do we keep coady as an insurance policy or sell him? He got burnt for pace a few times.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I assumed the thread was going to be about Jiminez, defence has been good and have moved the ball quickly.
I thought the same. Feel as if many are turning their backs on him already after reading the verdict thread.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll say it again for the 100th time - the defence is NOT the problem as seen again today, and we've got Boly and Mosquera to come back. The elephant in the room is the attack and if I'm brutally honest - Jimenez. He looked really off it today and we have to ask if he will get back to how he was and how long do we wait for him to fully recover, if in fact he does? Like last season all we have is Silva, and he's not ready and this guy from Korea. Under Nuno we did not create anything but now we're creating a shed load of chances but not scoring. Forget about the defence, be concerned about the attack.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not too sure why we need to change things when we’re creating so many chances. I’d be far more concerned if we were creating 1 or 2 and losing. Saying that we need to start converting

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We need the signings at the back. Unfortunately losing our first three games and sitting in the relegation zone isn't likely to convince those we would like to come that we're a club on the up.

I disagree. The eyes of the world will of been on that game tonight.

superwolves

Reaction score
Why do we need to go back 4?? The system is working well we're playing well creating plenty chances and the goals will come. Back 4 will mean full backs being less adventurous and potentially neves having to sit deep as a protection to the defence. We've conceded 3 goals to 3 of the better teams in the league there's no problem just have patience

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree. The eyes of the world will of been on that game tonight.

And they'll h-a-v-e seen that for a third league game in a row we can't score for toffee.

There are no points for good performances when you can't score and the opposition - however unfairly (last Sunday and this) - do.

Last edited:

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need an extra attacking threat??? So drop Coady?? We don’t need to go to 4-at-the-back - we need to start putting away some of the multiple chances we are creating each game.
Exactly. 343 had given us an attacking system creating chances galore. No need to change it just improve on the finer elements

Wulfrunian

Reaction score
Not read the whole thread, but I thought the substitution today was significant and maybe points to the future with Coady becoming less focal as Neves transitions to Captain.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The coady haters are out in force again. It sickens me. A man who gives everything, plays for england, leads the whole squad and who hasnt out a foot wrong this season is blamed and the gloaters want to just cast him aside. Other clubs fans revere the players who represent their club almost 300 times. But not here. Our issue isnt defence. It hasnt been for four seasons. Our issue has been scoring goals. Even in the championship we didnt score enough because nuno shut up shop when ahead. Lage looks like he can turn it round. The answer is not dropping Coady. Its scoring bloody goals

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The coady haters are out in force again. It sickens me. A man who gives everything, plays for england, leads the whole squad and who hasnt out a foot wrong this season is blamed and the gloaters want to just cast him aside. Other clubs fans revere the players who represent their club almost 300 times. But not here. Our issue isnt defence. It hasnt been for four seasons. Our issue has been scoring goals. Even in the championship we didnt score enough because nuno shut up shop when ahead. Lage looks like he can turn it round. The answer is not dropping Coady. Its scoring bloody goals
It's only a clueless vocal on the internet minority tbf.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he's a problem but we saw the sign today for me. We were chasing the game, went to four at the back and it was the captain that came off. Might be wrong but Coady hasn't seemed as prominent as he was under Nuno since Lage came in, with Neves being thrust to the forefront. I think, certainly if it's Lage's intention to go to a back four, Coady will be the major casualty

NickJohnG

Groupie
Reaction score
I thought Coady had a good game today - I think picking out his pace is a bit three years ago…..I think we know he’s not Usain Bolt.

In fact, all three of Coady, Saiss and (especially) Kilman were excellent.

The problem is up the other end, unfortunately.

Doesn’t really support that narrative that we’re desperate for a CM and CD though, agreed.

Jefoe

Groupie
Reaction score
Coady makes defensive mistakes;

Today calling for Kilman to leave it to him when closing down Sancho and not getting to the ball.
Nearly giving a goal away against Spurs
Allowing Vardy to shoot across the front of his body

That's just this season.

Please stop defending him, the bit he is "good" at which is passing long he is second to Neves.

Back
Top Bottom