Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The debate tv show on sky sports

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
on now, there will be a bit on Wolves’ ambition later.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hope its not misinformed waffle...

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really hope Wright and Pearce don't let us down!

S

SavageWolf

Thanks - I've ended up watching half the show lol. The bit about us is about to start after the break now so tune in if you want to see it

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty reasonable actually. Can't find much to disagree with. Both expect us to stay up easily, both think breaking the top 6 is tough.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very good actually. Both Wright and Pearce had decent comments. Both back us to stay up comfortably, Wright might have name dropped Mendes too much but it wasn't in a negative way. No rule breaking comments at all

Compliments our set up, and that we've been premier league ready for some time and will be prepared. Both fancy us to stop up comfortable but also say that without Champions League football we cannot break top 6

Edit: Also good compliments about our style of play and the manager

Edit: Wright - 'Ambition is one thing but come on, one step at a time'

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
Pretty brief but fair.

Any talk of top six seems laughable to me but although Pearce has a point about top players wanting champions league I'm sure there's enough good players that are not in the champions league but have the potential to be good enough for it.

Last edited:

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We have the dark shadow of football supporting us... didn’t take long to bring him up.

They never want to talk about how Nino and staff have took our old players and transformed them. Just neves and his champions league experience.

Thought Pearce was ok.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They both seemed somewhat informed. Nothing negative, both suggested we won't struggle. Ian Wright laughed off our chances of breaking the top six next season, I'd have to agree. Although I'm mindful of the fact it's far more likely to happen now as opposed to when we were last in the premier league.

S

SavageWolf

Oooohhh so far so good
We've got the clout Wrighty said lol
When asked if Wolves will be ok in the PL they both said yes, said that unlike most teams we were more than likely planning for next season at the start of this one (obviously - Neves, Jota and Boly wouldn't have come here otherwise).
When asked if Wolves can break in to the top 6 next season (I don't know where they got that question from) they said whoa calm down son let's just ease in there lmao
Personally I think we have to aim for top 10 first season and invest in the team well enough to do that. 2nd season improve the squad again then who knows but Fosun aren't slow movers so it's gonna get even more exciting around here.

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This wasn’t Wolves fans stating top 6.

This was the gentlemen who was at Molineux on Sunday interviewing the top brass.

He said they had told him them wanted top 10 minimum but preferably top 6.

Those need to tell Fosun to stop being ridiculous not the fans.

If that is indeed true and money is not an object as the presenter also stated after his interview with our heirarchy were in for a pretty special next few years.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All pretty fair and how great is it to hear the big names of English football drooling over us? Top 6 is fanciful, avoiding a relegation scrap is good and achievable too

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloodyhell anything between 16th and 10th would be a miracle

Think we need to not add fuel to this fire, keep our heads down

As Nuno would say "Brentford, Brentford" sorry "Arsenal, Arsenal"

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This wasn’t Wolves fans stating top 6.

This was the gentlemen who was at Molineux on Sunday interviewing the top brass.

He said they had told him them wanted top 10 minimum but preferably top 6.

Those need to tell Fosun to stop being ridiculous not the fans.

If that is indeed true and money is not an object as the presenter also stated after his interview with our heirarchy were in for a pretty special next few years.
Reminds me of the Blair years....boom or bust...

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think any talk of top six is ridiculous. Mid table finish next season would be brilliant and if we do better than that then great.

One day we will disagree my friend but today is not the day!!
If we achieve a mid-table finish, that would be an excellent result for our first season back in the PL. :):)

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think everybody needs to get on board with what is happening here. The mere fact that they are talking about Wolves being top six tells you where we are in the football world right now. Personally I think there is a distinct possibility we will do it.

S

Southbank Ebanks

Havnt watched this but from the comments it sounds as if they were quite realistic. Whilst we need to keep grounded I don’t think a 12th to 8th finish next season is impossible.

You’d expect Fosun to invest 10 fold on what Ashley has invested at Newcastle and look where they are. Keep/sign our best players with 3/4 top quality additions who will fit our system and we SHOULD achieve mid table.

Then we can go again. Sit tight and enjoy the ride.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What really impressed me was that they seemed to have done their homework on us, and although they quite rightly said it's extremely difficult to break into the top 6, they didn't ridicule the idea that we might be aiming our sights that high. On the downside, Ruben gets more publicity.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top six is asking too much but top ten looks feasible. Too many premier teams right now are playing defensive football and we're better.

D

Deleted member 3751

Finishing around Leicester/Everton should be the target for next season, finish around them and we should get the top half result. With a bit of luck get in the Europa League but let's not kid ourselves, the top six are a different breed (although that may be a top five if Wenger leaves Arsenal and they have a 'transitional' period)

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Top six is asking too much but top ten looks feasible. Too many premier teams right now are playing defensive football and we're better.
Took a bet with an uninformed Arsenal Fan tonight, he said £100 that we won't finish 10th or higher, deluded fool, easy money!

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to cut down a few errors at the back and make the best of our chances. That's really about signing 2 key players. That alone would keep us up and probably mid table.

D

Deleted member 4184

We have no idea how we will fare against Premier League teams. Talking about top six is ludicrous.

As others have stated, we need to take one step at a time (as fans) and enjoy it, if Fosun want the goal to be top six then fair enough, but as fans we mustn't expect too much in the first year in the PL.

Southampton have a good squad and they will still probably get relegated...

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They should have had Charlie Nicholas on to give a balanced view!

jeb01

Reaction score
Didn’t Fosun have a general strategy for promotion to the EPL in 3 seasons?
If so we are a year ahead of that - and I guess Fosun will now have a new target for achievement in the EPL.
No idea what that will be, but possibly a 5 year plan to break into the top six?
So much easier said than done.

I’d be happy, I think, with a top half finish next season, as long as we build from there.

Quite a few Albion fans seem almost relieved at the prospect of life in the Championship, just to get away from the tedium of being one of 14 clubs continually struggling to survive, never more than that, and losing more games than you win - I can see that.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Some would have been happy with Lambert and a top 6 finish this season. Fosun weren’t. They decided they wanted automatic. Look what happened.

Most would be happy with a top 10 finish next year. Fosun apparently aren’t. They want top 6. Let’s just see what happens, but you would think Wolves fans at least, might learn that nothing is unrealistic with these boys in charge. Apparently not.

Same responses, different year. I don’t care what Ian Wright says, he probably thought Middlesbrough would walk this league like most pundits. The Top 6 is totally realistic if Wolves buy the right players and I think we will. I would be more surprised to see us relegated than win the league. Let’s face it, even Man Utd play 2 almost 33 year old wingers at full back and a 7ft donkey with an Afro in midfield. We aren’t as far off as some of you might think.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosuns plan is to “leave Man United in their wake”. That’s their aim. Get on board, it’s happening.

PTW

Reaction score
Most would be happy with a top 10 finish next year. Fosun apparently aren’t. They want top 6. Let’s just see what happens, but you would think Wolves fans at least, might learn that nothing is unrealistic with these boys in charge. Apparently not.
I agree with 95% of your statements but this time you need to be realistic, even if your club has unlimited resources to spend there is a big chance the top players who play at Champions League level (the ones who have quality to charge for top 6) will not leave their clubs to play a level bellow, not to mention their clubs probably will not sell their best players, or at best will sell the ones who they don't want.

The other alternative takes more time, scouting young talent around the globe, develop them and step by step Nuno will improve the team if there is ambition and intelligence to understand this, its more doable than turn Wolves into a copy of PSG or City imo.

But you are entitled to believe this can be done in 1 season and everyone has a price, after all "impossible is nothing".

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ, did anybody watch Arsenal on Sunday? Top 6 is more than achievable.

No points away from home this year. They're in freefall.

Hull Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
If Fosun are aiming for top 6 then they will need to seriously fund that target. Hold on to your seats guys, this is gonna be one helluva ride.....:cool:

Back
Top Bottom