Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Death of Football, R.I.P.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just got up and walked out after Hwang's goal was disallowed. The game has gone, it's been totally ruined by the pseudo-forensic bean-counting kill-joys of Stockley Park. I just don't want to watch it any more. I don't care if we are **** (as we were for most of what I saw), I just want to see a game of football with all its highs and lows. They have robbed us of that. The sport has been going at the elite level for about 150 years and they have killed it stone dead in a couple of seasons. I'm done with it.
I know how you feel like the majority if not all Wolves fans
Stick with it BSK it will come good again…. You know it

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
That's two 'goals' in a row that nobody thought there was a problem with but the VAR. I haven't seen it back, so maybe it was technically correct, I'll judge later, but it doesn't really matter, I don't want technically correct decisions, I want to enjoy the moment of a goal.

For anyone who has seen it btw what happened with the Kilman goal, he looked well off even from behind the goal, the lino flagged instantly, it still took forever to confirm?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm one of the biggest advocates of VAR on here, and I stick by it.

Tonight was a disgrace, but it was a disgrace because of the officials. Strip it back from VAR for a second.

How can a Premier League official think that Cunha fouled Kluivert (and get supported by others around him) ? How can another Premier League official back that call up? It's insane.

But, this is actually why I want VAR, because the officials are terrible.

Look at the Kerkez red card. It's an awful decision as well. Why did Attwell give that? Because he bottled it as our fans were going mad at him. It sums them up.

In the Covid era, there were more away games won than ever before. Why? Because the refs weren't influenced by a crowd.

They're cowards and they're simply not good enough. So, that's why I want VAR.

If that goes, offsides become a free-for-all. Imagine how many close offside calls will go for the bigger teams for an example.

VAR is simply looking at a screen to make a more informed decision. How they've managed to make a mess of that is ridiculous. How can looking at something with a replay be harder?

The officials are simply **** and Attwell is one of the worst, and he always has been.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the Howard Webb PGMOL show lol.... Shame that l bought a ticket for a football match!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd quite happily see us put out our u23s and u18s for the Man City game. Show as much respect for the integrity of the title race as the Premier League has shown for the integrity of its officiating.

100%

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Final nail for me. I was already considering not renewing my Season Ticket .
The PGMOL interpretation of VAR has totally ruined the game.
Tonights equaliser ruled out, the West Ham equaliser ruled out, all the other crappy decisions this season, 5 minurte VAR check on the Coventry goal against us, massive delay to review Kilmans offside goal tonight, long delay to review the most clear and obvious red card ever tonight.
Even the greatest FA CUP semi final comeback ever (by Coventry last weekend) ruined by a toenail VAR offside.
All those numpty jobsworths in Stockley Park craving their "centre of attention syndrome" fix. ****ers.
Over half a century of going to molineux ruined by the ****ing idiots of PGMOL.
**** VAR, **** PGMOL, **** the corrupt Premier League,

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tonight was a disgrace, but it was a disgrace because of the officials. Strip it back from VAR for a second.

How can a Premier League official think that Cunha fouled Kluivert (and get supported by others around him) ? How can another Premier League official back that call up? It's insane.

Look at the Kerkez red card. It's an awful decision as well. Why did Attwell give that? Because he bottled it as our fans were going mad at him. It sums them up.

In the Covid era, there were more away games won than ever before. Why? Because the refs weren't influenced by a crowd.

If that goes, offsides become a free-for-all. Imagine how many close offside calls will go for the bigger teams for an example.

VAR is simply looking at a screen to make a more informed decision. How they've managed to make a mess of that is ridiculous. How can looking at something with a replay be harder?

The officials are simply **** and Attwell is one of the worst, and he always has been.

The point is VAR is not some AI system or a group of independent experts, it’s simply the same corrupt, biased, incompetent idiots given even more power to interfere with the game. Until you can fix PGMOL, VAR will just continue to make officiating worse.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For much of this season I've only half celebrated goals with one eye on the screen waiting for var
Tonight I proper celebrated, I couldn't see any reason to chalk it off.
Having just got back and watched replays....its an absolute joke, the Bournemouth player actually shoves Cunha first and then Cunha just hands him off, that happens multiple times every game with no foul given. Plus it was well before the cross and Hwangs header.
From being very much in favour of VAR at first and clinging on to the hope it will improve, I've had enough. The clowns in charge just don't have a clue.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The decision tonight was correct.

Whether we like it or not it was.

If it was the other way around we'd be saying why has he not been sent off. Cunha lashed out at a player who was involved in the build up. It's the correct decision.

We were absolute garbage tonight. That's not down to VAR.
If a player has some that against us? I’d not have noticed it, and once brought to my attention I’d think there’s nothing in it, just like the pathetic attempt by Hwang in the first half, pretending to have been elbowed!

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The point is VAR is not some AI system or a group of independent experts, it’s simply the same corrupt, biased, incompetent idiots given even more power to interfere with the game. Until you can fix PGMOL, VAR will just continue to make officiating worse.
It's an old boys club,poor refs can continue to haunt the game via VAR once the legs have gone.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This period for football will go down in history. And not for the right reasons.
You're right. This period of Football history has seen a coup attempt by the big six to form a closed shop Super League (which was forgotten about in a month), it has seen the tarnishing of the FA Cup by the greedy *******s in the FA and Premier League to unilaterally benefit the big six at the expense of the hundreds of other entrants. It has seen a grotesque Winter World Cup bought by oil money (the injury ramifications of which still linger for players). It has seen obscenely lenient, drawn-out punishments for clubs who flouted FFP laws, which could lead to the farce of a side being relegated after the season finishes.

...and it has seen VAR. The single most destructive action against the soul of the game to date. Fans were properly hoodwinked by VAR - we thought it would fix all the problems with officiating. All it's done is shift those problems sideways into more anal and boring territory, that makes it impossible to truly let go and celebrate anything. Celebrating a goal in the era of VAR is like pinching off a **** in mid-flow, it's an awful feeling.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If it was the other way around we'd be saying why has he not been sent off. Cunha lashed out at a player who was involved in the build up. It's the correct decision.

Cunha was pushed first so the foul if anything should have been for us , advantage played abd a goal it's corrupt.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
In real time I thought it was clearly offside and there was no chance of a goal, but it was actually pretty close.
Cheers, seen it now, amazed it was that close - not as amazed as I'd have been if a VAR overturn had gone for us obviously!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The game that I grew up with 72 years ago has gone and nothing, absolutely nothing is being done about it.

Soulless is one word I would use. Spontaneous excitement has disappeared, the joy of celebration gone and the powers that be call it progress.

VAR has done nothing to improve the great game, absolutely nothing. This is a game that has been played all over the world for 150 odd years, with matches I have seen that have taken my breath away: Our First Division titles, FA Cup wins, League Cup triumphs, Nunos’s early years, our World Cup win, the great Brazil team in the 60’s and 70’s, the Dutch with Cruyff, the Germans with Beckenbauer. I could go on and on, but what I am saying is that fans knew they could watch games and never have to concern themselves about anything other than a human being (the referee) making the odd mistake. We now have numerous officials in stadiums and incompetents at Stockley Park who are being paid handsomely for ruining the game. Ever changing rules, which most people don’t understand (including the officials) just contribute to so much ill feeling.

This is not sour grapes with the points we have lost to VAR this season. It is the game of football, which is gradually sucking my enthusiasm, enjoyment and love of the game and it is just getting worse!

Another rant over, but it won’t be long before I make another one!

Last edited:

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aren't these referees on about £200k a year?
Calling them referees is a compliment and allegedly paying them £200k a year is incompetence!

What do the incompetents at Stockley Park earn and what do the incompetents at the PGMOL earn?

Oh, and who is paying them and where do they ultimately get the money from? Hard working, loyal, fed up, VAR suffering football fans, that’s who!

Second rant of the evening over and I’m going to ******* bed.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
We've got Luton tickets.

I then have to have a conversation with my 8 year old lad about the fact that I don't want to go next season and intend to walk away.

I feel bad having got him into it, but I feel as though if isn't the same game that I got him into and the one that I have enjoyed attending for the last 30 years.

They've completely destroyed it.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did too. But, at the end of the day it means **** all. Unless 20000 fans had walked out, which may have made some headlines, it means nothing to the arrogant PGMOL that you and I and a few others walked out. After nearly 60 years of watching Wolves they have managed to kill my love of the game in a few short seasons. The sad thing is that I will be back in the pub on Saturday ready to go again. It's more of a social thing now though. If I couldn't meet up with people in the pub before and after the match I would seriously have to consider whether to renew my ticket next season. Words cannot describe how much I hate and detest VAR and I would happily put up with crap decisions against us if we could just consign it to history.
This!!! The few that walked out and voiced their feelings on social meeja is infinitesimally small compared to the thousands that turn up each week. Until large numbers 'vote with their feet (and wallets)'; the arrogant ****ers in charge will just carry on, regardless.
VAR has spoiled the game we love for so many, but we still pay them.
We've complained, Liverpool has complained, Forest have complained, but nothing has changed. Large numbers of fans staying away (not just chanting and taking a few banners), just might focus the Premier League.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My dislike of what football has become is well known and I believe my view is well founded. This abomination that was brought in to help referees has ruined the game. Despite what Webb says, VAR is re-refereeing the game. Nottingham Forest may have gone about it in the wrong way, but I wholeheartedly support their complaints about VAR. It has ruined the game.

R.I.P football

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You say that you like VAR, but it is the officials who are terrible. Fair enough, but it is those same terrible officials who are in the VAR room.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, but I just can’t understand how anyone can like VAR and what it has done to the game.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agbonlahor on the radio this morning - "We have to trust the VAR officials if they say a VAR decision is correct then it MUST be "
Gobby Dustbinlahor is stealing a living!

Every time I hear him talk (which, thankfully, is not that often) it’s just drivel, tempting controversy and trying to justify his existence as a rubbish so called pundit.

Wellington Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Leeds and Traore? It's just too many now

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You have been head in the sand about VAR for a long time.Maybe last night will be the wake up call you need.

VAR allows for good goals to be ruled out, be it through bias and/or incompetence.

On a scale we have never seen anything close to before.

This is a historic reversal of how the game is refereed .

And a destruction of the live experience of watching a game.

It is time for it to be scrapped, at least for a season or two and go back to the old system.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Cunha was fouled, just as he was seconds before the throw when the same player aggressively/recklessly charged at him without an attempt to play the ball.

It was as much self defence, it’s also very debatable if Cunha then even touches him or the player just backs away.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've got Luton tickets.

I then have to have a conversation with my 8 year old lad about the fact that I don't want to go next season and intend to walk away.

I feel bad having got him into it, but I feel as though if isn't the same game that I got him into and the one that I have enjoyed attending for the last 30 years.

I attended last night. I am now out of live games, and I have cancelled my subscription go ot
This!!! The few that walked out and voiced their feelings on social meeja is infinitesimally small compared to the thousands that turn up each week. Until large numbers 'vote with their feet (and wallets)'; the arrogant ****ers in charge will just carry on, regardless.
VAR has spoiled the game we love for so many, but we still pay them.
We've complained, Liverpool has complained, Forest have complained, but nothing has changed. Large numbers of fans staying away (not just chanting and taking a few banners), just might focus the Premier League.
I attended last night and that is my last live game until this is sorted out.

I have also cancelled my TV subscription..

VAR has for me destroyed the experience of the game, and I think its close to destroying the spirit of the game as the players adapt to the arbitrariness of the process.

Last edited:

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've got Luton tickets.

Same for me(my son is 7).

We've decided to knock it on the head and will do a FL 'tour' next season, going to random(!) games at lower league grounds. He honestly can't wait. We'll get a membership so can go.to a few games if we want, but even he is sick of VAR now.

loppers86

Reaction score
i’m just a member. had a ticket for arsenal but didn’t go. didnt go or watch or listen tonight.

At the moment I’m convinced I’m switching to National League North.

We should have a protest where we all miss a game and turn up at Telford and get on the news when their gate goes from 1,000 to 7,000 overnight.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Same for me(my son is 7).

We've decided to knock it on the head and will do a FL 'tour' next season, going to random(!) games at lower league grounds. He honestly can't wait. We'll get a membership so can go.to a few games if we want, but even he is sick of VAR now.
Funny you should say this.

I actually had the chat with him before I came into work and he was fine with it.

He said he didn't mind because he's fed up of not knowing whether he can celebrate when we score or not (his words not mine).

That's an 8 year old - tells a story doesn't it.

They have completely sucked the joy out of the game, even for young, enthusiastic children.

Madness.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've got Luton tickets.

Take him to non-league, you'll both enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom