Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Day The Beautiful Game Died - Spain 1982 World Cup on July 5th in Barcelona

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a Monday afternoon in Barcelona ( July 5th 1982 ) at about 5.00 pm GMT that as Graeme Souness so aptly described it " The beautiful game died ".

I was 5 in 1970 so did not really have many memories of the magnificent Brazil side of Pele, Jairzinho, Rivelino and Tostao to name but 4. My formative years where international football teams were concerned was the Germans who played with a crushing efficiency or the Holland side of 74 and 78 with the Dutch Masters of Johann Cruyff and Neeskens. So to see the 1982 Brazil was a revelation as they played with incredible tempo and skill. In the group stages there was a 2-1 win over what was then called The USSR, with the modern day irony that the bulk of that side were not from Russia but Ukraine. There was a defensive alarm bell in that game though as the Brazilian keeper Waldir Peres ( who looked like some kids Dad that was asked to help out in goal for the five-a-side because the regular keeper was not available ) made an utter mess of the USSR goal. As I say, I was not old enough to recall 1970 but people who were, tell me that Felix who played between the posts in 1970 was the definition of the term " Dodgy keeper ". The goals in the victory over the USSR were special with the " chain smoking " skipper Socrates and the mercurial winger Eder scoring. There was also a group win over New Zealand by 4-0 and on a sweltering Friday night in Seville, Brazil punished Scotland for having the temerity to score first with a screamer from David Narey ( Jimmy Hill managed to get even further up the nose of the average Scotsman by described the shot as a " Toe poke " ! ) The game ended up in a 4-1 win for Brazil with Zico, Falcao, Eder and Oscar scoring.

As winners of the group Brazil found themselves in the second group phase with Italy and their South American " neighbours from hell " Argentina. In the first group game Argentina lost 2-1 to Italy, which meant in the next game it would be Argentina versus Brazil. I agreed to give my Dad who was a carpenter a hand on the proviso we would be back for the second half at the very least. The game was on Friday July 2nd 1982 and the reason I remember the date so vividly is it was the day that the announcement that Wolves were now in receivership was made. We got back at half time and it was 1-0 to Brazil. The first goal remains for me one of the most remarkable one I have ever seen, Eder hit a free kick from 35 yards that moved all over the place and on first viewing it is not apparent that the Argentina keeper Ubaldo Fillol has actually made a fantastic save as he tipped it onto the bar only for Zico to beat Serginho to rebound and score. Chances are if Serginho had of got there he would have missed as that man was every bad forward Wolves have ever had rolled into one. Having just slagged him off the Cart Horse actually made it 2-0 before Junior clinched the game, despite a superb late strike from Ramon Diaz. This was the game when a certain young fellow called Diego Maradona tried circumcising Brazil's Batista with a " tackle in the tackle " shall I say ! A straight red was fully justified and so we were all left to wonder was this tubby curly haired kid was really all that, four years later he proved that he was.

So the final match of Group C was on Monday July 5th in Barcelona in the afternoon, not at The Nou Camp ( or Camp Nou if you prefer ! ) but at the 44,000 capacity Sarria Stadium. There was a goal after 5 minutes, so which Brazil player scored it, was it Zico, Eder, Socrates or Falcao, actually no it was Paulo Rossi for The Azzurri o_Oo_Oo_O Rossi had been a stand out in the 1978 Tournament but had been banned for a bribery scandal and had looked nothing like the ace predator he was in 78 so far in this World Cup. The lead was soon cancelled out when Socrates, if you can pardon the pun " smoked " a screamer past Dino Zoff ( Socrates was known to smoke 20 a day and what made that all the more stunning was he was a medical Doctor as well as a professional footballer ! ) Unfortunately for Brazil some utterly shambolic cartoon defending allowed Rossi to put Italy back in front in the 25th minute. So at half time it is 2-1 to Italy, yet those like me who had become utterly sold on Brazil still could only see one winner ( a draw would do as goal difference would see them quailfy ) So when Falcao ( Who like his team mate Cerezo played in Italy for Roma ) made it 2-2 with a screamer from the edge of the box in the 68th minute it seemed game over. The 1982 has two iconic goal celebrations one was this one from Falcao and the other was Marco Tardelli. It was not " Game over " because of two things, one was this side just could not happily play out time and grind out a draw they kept on attacking, the other reason was Brazil while wonderful going forward, were not a " shutdown defence " at the back, as the utterly abysmal marking from an Italian corner in the 74th minute proved. Paulo Rossi who clearly was awakening from his post ban malaise was left alone to complete his hat-trick. Junior was a wonderful attacking full back yet not to bright at defending which was his main job and he was culpable on the goal. Brazil yet again in this game in this game had to pour forward and with two minutes left it seemed they had levelled for a third time. Eder sent over a wonderful delivery from a free kick and it was met by Oscar who rose majestically and powered a header downwards that seemed certain to go in, when out of no where a 40 year old Dino Zoff defied the pending on set of middle age and produced one of the greatest saves ever in my book. With that chance went Brazil's last hope and I sat there stunned that this once in a lifetime special side were not going to win the 1982 World Cup.

40 years have now passed since that team that me and millions of other non-Brazil born fans were fascinated by, yet even now despite the France side of 98 and 2000 they remain for me the best international side I have ever seen and while not quite as crushing as far too many bad play off and FA Cup Semi Final defeats I have endured as Wolves fan of nearly half a century that final whistle on that baking hot July 5th 1982 afternoon remains one of my most disappointing moments watching football.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone likes an attacking team to win, except if you're a supporter of their opponents. Trouble is all too often they can't score from chances created and have defensive lapses that see them lose out.

Huge of Sharjah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Everyone likes an attacking team to win, except if you're a supporter of their opponents. Trouble is all too often they can't score from chances created and have defensive lapses that see them lose out.

A couple of fine examples of attacking prowess.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Still fresh in the memory. Still hurts, they would have been the greatest World Champions I ever saw, and I would be able to tell my kids and grandkids all about them.

For me the difference was Serginho, if Brazil would have had a No9 that was half decent they would have won it. Not his fault but he was nowhere near the level that team deserved. He wouldn't have even made the Scottish side.

Go watch the highlights of all the Brazil games on YouTube. One thing that stood out to me is how many shots went over the bar during games, it's freakishly unreal.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great OP Norman. I too loved that Brazilian team, especially Eder, and must admit that this for me was the first game of football that left me crying.

In my view, It changed everything, the game became much more defensivley minded after this, eveyone moved towards 442 and even Brazil realised they had to change tactics to win things. I think it was on your own recommendation Norman that I bought and read the book about that 82 team which is well worth a read "The Glorious Failure"

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still fresh in the memory. Still hurts, they would have been the greatest World Champions I ever saw, and I would be able to tell my kids and grandkids all about them.

For me the difference was Serginho, if Brazil would have had a No9 that was half decent they would have won it. Not his fault but he was nowhere near the level that team deserved. He wouldn't have even made the Scottish side.

Go watch the highlights of all the Brazil games on YouTube. One thing that stood out to me is how many shots went over the bar during games, it's freakishly unreal.

I am pretty sure Careca was going to be the starting No 9 but he tore knee ligaments ( Careca would play in the 1986 side and was the first player I saw to do the " aeroplane wings " goal celebration that Bully used ! ) and this allowed Serginho in.

There was a documentary I once saw on that side, in it two things stand out about how Serginho is viewed, remarkably and with a huge dollop of poetic licence he says " That team had many great players, Zico, Eder, Socratres and me o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O " . While Zico says " Perhaps if we had a Careca or Roberto at number 9 we might have won ! "

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a Monday afternoon in Barcelona ( July 5th 1982 ) at about 5.00 pm GMT that as Graeme Souness so aptly described it " The beautiful game died ".

I was 5 in 1970 so did not really have many memories of the magnificent Brazil side of Pele, Jairzinho, Rivelino and Tostao to name but 4. My formative years where international football teams were concerned was the Germans who played with a crushing efficiency or the Holland side of 74 and 78 with the Dutch Masters of Johann Cruyff and Neeskens. So to see the 1982 Brazil was a revelation as they played with incredible tempo and skill. In the group stages there was a 2-1 win over what was then called The USSR, with the modern day irony that the bulk of that side were not from Russia but Ukraine. There was a defensive alarm bell in that game though as the Brazilian keeper Waldir Peres ( who looked like some kids Dad that was asked to help out in goal for the five-a-side because the regular keeper was not available ) made an utter mess of the USSR goal. As I say, I was not old enough to recall 1970 but people who were, tell me that Felix who played between the posts in 1970 was the definition of the term " Dodgy keeper ". The goals in the victory over the USSR were special with the " chain smoking " skipper Socrates and the mercurial winger Eder scoring. There was also a group win over New Zealand by 4-0 and on a sweltering Friday night in Seville, Brazil punished Scotland for having the temerity to score first with a screamer from David Narey ( Jimmy Hill managed to get even further up the nose of the average Scotsman by described the shot as a " Toe poke " ! ) The game ended up in a 4-1 win for Brazil with Zico, Falcao, Eder and Oscar scoring.

As winners of the group Brazil found themselves in the second group phase with Italy and their South American " neighbours from hell " Argentina. In the first group game Argentina lost 2-1 to Italy, which meant in the next game it would be Argentina versus Brazil. I agreed to give my Dad who was a carpenter a hand on the proviso we would be back for the second half at the very least. The game was on Friday July 2nd 1982 and the reason I remember the date so vividly is it was the day that the announcement that Wolves were now in receivership was made. We got back at half time and it was 1-0 to Brazil. The first goal remains for me one of the most remarkable one I have ever seen, Eder hit a free kick from 35 yards that moved all over the place and on first viewing it is not apparent that the Argentina keeper Ubaldo Fillol has actually made a fantastic save as he tipped it onto the bar only for Zico to beat Serginho to rebound and score. Chances are if Serginho had of got there he would have missed as that man was every bad forward Wolves have ever had rolled into one. Having just slagged him off the Cart Horse actually made it 2-0 before Junior clinched the game, despite a superb late strike from Ramon Diaz. This was the game when a certain young fellow called Diego Maradona tried circumcising Brazil's Batista with a " tackle in the tackle " shall I say ! A straight red was fully justified and so we were all left to wonder was this tubby curly haired kid was really all that, four years later he proved that he was.

So the final match of Group C was on Monday July 5th in Barcelona in the afternoon, not at The Nou Camp ( or Camp Nou if you prefer ! ) but at the 44,000 capacity Sarria Stadium. There was a goal after 5 minutes, so which Brazil player scored it, was it Zico, Eder, Socrates or Falcao, actually no it was Paulo Rossi for The Azzurri o_Oo_Oo_O Rossi had been a stand out in the 1978 Tournament but had been banned for a bribery scandal and had looked nothing like the ace predator he was in 78 so far in this World Cup. The lead was soon cancelled out when Socrates, if you can pardon the pun " smoked " a screamer past Dino Zoff ( Socrates was known to smoke 20 a day and what made that all the more stunning was he was a medical Doctor as well as a professional footballer ! ) Unfortunately for Brazil some utterly shambolic cartoon defending allowed Rossi to put Italy back in front in the 25th minute. So at half time it is 2-1 to Italy, yet those like me who had become utterly sold on Brazil still could only see one winner ( a draw would do as goal difference would see them quailfy ) So when Falcao ( Who like his team mate Cerezo played in Italy for Roma ) made it 2-2 with a screamer from the edge of the box in the 68th minute it seemed game over. The 1982 has two iconic goal celebrations one was this one from Falcao and the other was Marco Tardelli. It was not " Game over " because of two things, one was this side just could not happily play out time and grind out a draw they kept on attacking, the other reason was Brazil while wonderful going forward, were not a " shutdown defence " at the back, as the utterly abysmal marking from an Italian corner in the 74th minute proved. Paulo Rossi who clearly was awakening from his post ban malaise was left alone to complete his hat-trick. Junior was a wonderful attacking full back yet not to bright at defending which was his main job and he was culpable on the goal. Brazil yet again in this game in this game had to pour forward and with two minutes left it seemed they had levelled for a third time. Eder sent over a wonderful delivery from a free kick and it was met by Oscar who rose majestically and powered a header downwards that seemed certain to go in, when out of no where a 40 year old Dino Zoff defied the pending on set of middle age and produced one of the greatest saves ever in my book. With that chance went Brazil's last hope and I sat there stunned that this once in a lifetime special side were not going to win the 1982 World Cup.

40 years have now passed since that team that me and millions of other non-Brazil born fans were fascinated by, yet even now despite the France side of 98 and 2000 they remain for me the best international side I have ever seen and while not quite as crushing as far too many bad play off and FA Cup Semi Final defeats I have endured as Wolves fan of nearly half a century that final whistle on that baking hot July 5th 1982 afternoon remains one of my most disappointing moments watching football.
Great, great post

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I really can't agree with your description, as I too remember that day very well, except that I was cheering Italy on!!

After the disgrace that was the Semi Final a few days later when that thug Harold Schumacher was allowed to remain on the field after what still for me is the most disgusting assault I have ever viewed on a football that could have killed Patrick Battiston ( for people who were not around at the time I am not being a " drama queen " it could have broken his neck ) outside of West Germany as they were at that time everyone else in the world was cheering on Italy ! I remember when Antonio Cabrini missed a penalty when it was 0-0 and we were all convinced the " bloody Germans " were going to win again, thankfully it did not happen.

I had a replica Italy jersey that I bought with some of my money from one of my first wage packets in the summer of 1982. It came from Olympus Sports ( remember them :):):) ) It was an iconic jersey and I wore it for many years as it was of an excellent quality, until one day it seemed to shrink in the wash or maybe I just got porkier ;););)

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aaaaaaaah what a beautiful game that was and a hat-trick for Paolo Rossi, my first hero in football! Maradona's Argentina, Zico's and Socrates' Brazil, Boniek's Poland and Rumenigge's West Germany - any side beating those teams needs to win the World Cup! Italy and Rossi stunk out the first group stage though and absolute proof that teams grow and develop in tournaments. Now we don't even qualify

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
I remember having to miss this game because I was playing cricket for the school team but someone snook a radio on to the boundary and we listened in disbelief barely able to believe that Brazil had been knocked out. And yes the news coming out of Molineux was bad enough as well. Being 1982, my school was awash with newly converted Villa fans, much **** was taken Im afraid.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aaaaaaaah what a beautiful game that was and a hat-trick for Paolo Rossi, my first hero in football! Maradona's Argentina, Zico's and Socrates' Brazil, Boniek's Poland and Rumenigge's West Germany - any side beating those teams needs to win the World Cup! Italy and Rossi stunk out the first group stage though and absolute proof that teams grow and develop in tournaments. Now we don't even qualify

I thought Alessandro Altobelli was a superb player in that side.

There must have been God knows how many people who having scored a goal even in a daft park kick -about who did not set off on a Marco Tardelli goal celebration :D:D:D

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Alessandro Altobelli was a superb player in that side.

There must have been God knows how many people who having scored a goal even in a daft park kick -about who did not set off on a Marco Tardelli goal celebration :D:D:D

Replicated in 2006 when Fabio Grosso scored against Germany to break the deadlock in the WC Semi!

Altobelli was excellent, he was one of the remnants of the winning side in Mexico 86 and still scored a couple though Italy were nowhere near as good. Rossi would have played too but sadly got injured before the tournament so his final WC game was the final in 1982

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Replicated in 2006 when Fabio Grosso scored against Germany to break the deadlock in the WC Semi!

Altobelli was excellent, he was one of the remnants of the winning side in Mexico 86 and still scored a couple though Italy were nowhere near as good. Rossi would have played too but sadly got injured before the tournament so his final WC game was the final in 1982

I have just remembered another name from 1982, Guiseppe Bergomi who always looked about 10 years older than his actual age which I think at the time of the 82 Final was eighteen and a half :D:D:D

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have just remembered another name from 1982, Guiseppe Bergomi who always looked about 10 years older than his actual age which I think at the time of the 82 Final was eighteen and a half :D:D:D

Correct, with that tash he looked about 30! Another was the angelic (inaptly named) Gentile who man marked Maradona in the second round

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if you would agree with this, but as an England fan, I would swap qualifying for the Corrupt Cup in 2022, for a win in Euro 2020.

Of course Italy have no shortage of great performances in the big competitions (I think it comes from being a nation who invented the big stage with gladiatorial competition) but I think that just one cup would have been good given that Italy always do well in the final stages.

Just a wistful post from an England fan.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if you would agree with this, but as an England fan, I would swap qualifying for the Corrupt Cup in 2022, for a win in Euro 2020.

Of course Italy have no shortage of great performances in the big competitions (I think it comes from being a nation who invented the big stage with gladiatorial competition) but I think that just one cup would have been good given that Italy always do well in the final stages.

Just a wistful post from an England fan.

I agree and have said the same

Of course Italy won the Euros (first time I have seen them triumph in that particular competition) and don't think they would win WC 2022 so no, wouldn't swap last year's trophy for qualification for this World Cup

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the disgrace that was the Semi Final a few days later when that thug Harold Schumacher was allowed to remain on the field after what still for me is the most disgusting assault I have ever viewed on a football that could have killed Patrick Battiston ( for people who were not around at the time I am not being a " drama queen " it could have broken his neck ) outside of West Germany as they were at that time everyone else in the world was cheering on Italy ! I remember when Antonio Cabrini missed a penalty when it was 0-0 and we were all convinced the " bloody Germans " were going to win again, thankfully it did not happen.

I had a replica Italy jersey that I bought with some of my money from one of my first wage packets in the summer of 1982. It came from Olympus Sports ( remember them :):):) ) It was an iconic jersey and I wore it for many years as it was of an excellent quality, until one day it seemed to shrink in the wash or maybe I just got porkier ;););)
That was probably, particularly given l got an Italian-origin (now ex) OH in the mid-late 1980s, was the first and last time that l supported Italy. Having listened to some of what her family had to say l became and remain firmly in the ABI camp!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Correct, with that tash he looked about 30! Another was the angelic (inaptly named) Gentile who man marked Maradona in the second round
In the final, they played three man-markers. And they, especially the un-gentle Claudio Gentile, did 'mark' some of the German forwards ;)

Even though I think Gaetano Scirea was the finest Italian defender/sweeper there's ever been, the surprising MOTM for me was Gabrielle Oriali, the central midfielder.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great OP Norman. I too loved that Brazilian team, especially Eder, and must admit that this for me was the first game of football that left me crying.

In my view, It changed everything, the game became much more defensivley minded after this, eveyone moved towards 442 and even Brazil realised they had to change tactics to win things. I think it was on your own recommendation Norman that I bought and read the book about that 82 team which is well worth a read "The Glorious Failure"
If you’ve got good defenders who know how to defend the lines, and are mobile enough, there’s no reason to go ultra defensive. In my view anyway.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I really can't agree with your description, as I too remember that day very well, except that I was cheering Italy on!!
So did I. Paulo Rossi was superb and besides that, Italy was the only team I had completed in my Football Panini book.
A617499F-6E78-4577-B6E2-3A48EE49BFC9.jpeg

*not my copy.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Directly after that Brazil v Italy game England were promptly eliminated by failing to beat Spain by two goals.

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score
This Brazil team is what made me truly fall in love with football, and Eder remains one of my favourite players to this very day, even though I only saw him play about four games.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Directly after that Brazil v Italy game England were promptly eliminated by failing to beat Spain by two goals.

That was the first of far too many World Cup final stages where England decided to go with players who were carrying injuries with the two in that one being Kevin Keegan and Sir Trevor Brooking. In fact the only game ( it was as substitutes ) they played in was the Spain game. That was also the last game either played for England again. Lessons were not learned as 4 years later Bryan Robson went with a shoulder that came out about once a game, or so it seemed, and it did so again. Later England had the Beckham / Rooney metatarsal injuries ( amazing how I had no idea what the heck that was until Japan 2002 ! I thought it was a Star Wars character, same as I used to think the " Kardashians " were in Star Trek :D :D :D )

Looking back that 1982 England World Cup squad was pretty good and the starting 11 in the Group Stage was Shilton / Mills / Sansom / Robson / Butcher / Thompson / Wilkins / Francis / Mariner / Woodcock /Rix

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
England’s first World Cup since 1970 so like you my first World Cup supporting England although I do remember 78 and Scotlands embarrassing performances. 82 was actually a good tournament. As well as the game you mentioned with perhaps the best Brazil side I’ve seen, we had our quickest goal when Robson scored in the first 30 seconds of our first match in a 3-1 vs France. We didn’t lose a game but went out to West Germany with Keegan missing a sitter in his 20 minutes of World Cup football.

Was it 82 where Austria and West Germany played out a 1-0 win for west Germany so that Algeria couldn’t progress from the group. Once West Germany scored no one tried and they just walked for 75 minutes.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
England’s first World Cup since 1970 so like you my first World Cup supporting England although I do remember 78 and Scotlands embarrassing performances. 82 was actually a good tournament. As well as the game you mentioned with perhaps the best Brazil side I’ve seen, we had our quickest goal when Robson scored in the first 30 seconds of our first match in a 3-1 vs France. We didn’t lose a game but went out to West Germany with Keegan missing a sitter in his 20 minutes of World Cup football.

Was it 82 where Austria and West Germany played out a 1-0 win for west Germany so that Algeria couldn’t progress from the group. Once West Germany scored no one tried and they just walked for 75 minutes.
Yes re the Austria v West Germany game. In fact i think its because of this game that all final group games in major tournaments now kick off at the same time. It was awful sportsmanship from both countries.

Don’t forget the awful Battiston/Schumaker incident too in this World Cup. Schumacher almost killed him.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes re the Austria v West Germany game. In fact i think its because of this game that all final group games in major tournaments now kick off at the same time. It was awful sportsmanship from both countries.

Don’t forget the awful Battiston/Schumaker incident too in this World Cup. Schumacher almost killed him.
I think it is and I remember the Schmaker incident as referenced by Norman Bell above. How he stayed on the pitch I don’t know, even when tackling was allowed and could be brutal it is one if not the most violent challenges I’ve ever seen on a football pitch or rugby pitch for that matter.

SingleMalt

Reaction score
I think it is and I remember the Schmaker incident as referenced by Norman Bell above. How he stayed on the pitch I don’t know, even when tackling was allowed and could be brutal it is one if not the most violent challenges I’ve ever seen on a football pitch or rugby pitch for that matter.
If you ever really want to wind up a French football fan of a certain age then that “tackle” really does the trick. Just bring it up casually in conversation and then sit back and watch the show. They never, ever, got over it. (Quite rightly probably but I’m not letting that stop my fun)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you ever really want to wind up a French football fan of a certain age then that “tackle” really does the trick. Just bring it up casually in conversation and then sit back and watch the show. They never, ever, got over it. (Quite rightly probably but I’m not letting that stop my fun)
I'm sure, given past history, that it being against Germany (West) really didn't help any.....

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was the first world cup I remembered as I was only 9 at the time, zico was my favourite player, but being called Ross, I was always paulo rossi playing world cup with me mates.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The 1970 Brazil team were pretty special too.-Pele,Jairzinho,Tostao,Rivelino ,Gerson,Carlos Alberto.And they won the World cup in a canter stuffing Italy 4-1.

Peles dummy against Uruguay in the semi probably the most amazing of them all (shame he missed).

And he tried to score from the halfway line against Czechoslovakia

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom