Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Day it all started - nostalgia at its best

Jez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Worst place ever
Beach was closed
Warm beer in the bar
And the game called off due to floodlight failure

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it was the Villa game that first season that I thought we were really onto something really special.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Smaller beard too.

For me, I remember "it started" when I watched that preseason vs Leicester. I'd never seen Wolves move the ball like that before so effortlessly, thats when I knew we were in for something potentially special :)
Me too, although I think I watched only a stream of only the second half? I don't get to Molineux much, so I'm really glad I went to the Middlesbrough match - the first league match that season. Fifteen minutes in, it was clear, just as you say, something special was happening as I'd never seen that level of play from us. And then *that* Neves pass :p The brief silence as the crowd thought he'd just lumped it in to the shade on the touchline, then that collective gasp of awe as we saw he'd anticipated Matt Doherty's run and picked him out. Wow. Of course, we're all used to it now and at an even higher level.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something just felt different when Nuno arrived. Had a feeling from the off that he would be a success but while we were solid against what was a very strong Middlesbrough side on the opening day the real eye opener for me was a week later at Derby. A side that had regularly put us to the sword in recent years and were again talking about a promotion challenge were dismantled and completely schooled on their own patch. The scoreboard said 0-2 but it could have been anything, 0-5 wouldn't have flattered us, we were brilliant.

(Think it was also the day the news broke about Edwards leaving - that's when you knew things were changing!)

Back
Top Bottom