Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The crowd nets at Man City

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen that city are putting up some netting near the area where Home fans are close to where Liverpool fans sit?

That is a sad state of affairs to be done in the modern era with all of the policing and security involved with football these days.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool fans? Doesn't sound likely.

It is a bit of a return to the days when I started attending games. Didn't expect this stuff to return but there does seem to have been an uptick in bad behaviour at games. With CCTV etc I don't think it will get anywhere near as bad though.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After watching those Liverpool animals at Molineux on Saturday, frankly I’m not surprised. It’s a sad state of affairs that this kind of thing is back, but they’ve brought it on themselves and Liverpool FC should be doing more to stamp it out.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After watching those Liverpool animals at Molineux on Saturday, frankly I’m not surprised. It’s a sad state of affairs that this kind of thing is back, but they’ve brought it on themselves and Liverpool FC should be doing more to stamp it out.
Hopefully they can get some protection around the Man City team coach too in case it comes across that flying brick and bottle phenomenon again. So unfortunate for Liverpool that they're regularly around when these unsavoury incidents happen

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** me, another day, another load of *******s about Liverpool fans.
It isn’t really *******s when it is a factual thing that is happening.

There have been other crowd incidents in the last few years post covid across the leagues and it is a sad thing in the modern age that we are going back decades in terms of measures to control crowds.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There have been other crowd incidents in the last few years post covid across the leagues and it is a sad thing in the modern age that we are going back decades in terms of measures to control crowds.
It shouldnt need doing if crowds act like normal human beings but unfortunately they dont

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not only football fans. Way too many people behaving like utter AHs.
Very true! It is going to take a generation I think to heal from the damage done socially to our society by Covid.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

No I agree. What seems to get forgotten on here though (not saying it's your fault), is that taking this at face value, one **** of a Liverpool fan threw this object, but somehow once again it's typical of 'Liverpool fans' who are 'animals'.

Well guess what, the behaviour of small numbers of fans lead to all fans being looked at as animals. That lead to us being put in cages. That lead to 97 deaths being caused on one day.

So yes, it's a worry that this sort of measure is introduced (still nets at Goodison, no other ones spring to mind), yes it's a worry we're going backwards as a society. But branding fans of other clubs as animals because of the behaviour of a few individuals is exactly where all that starts.

Oh, and for my money it's nothing to do with covid.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The nets are actually in situ to prevent Grealish from injury. HIs theatrical falls and dives are becoming increasingly silly with him lauching himself higher and higher.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I agree. What seems to get forgotten on here though (not saying it's your fault), is that taking this at face value, one **** of a Liverpool fan threw this object, but somehow once again it's typical of 'Liverpool fans' who are 'animals'.

Well guess what, the behaviour of small numbers of fans lead to all fans being looked at as animals. That lead to us being put in cages. That lead to 97 deaths being caused on one day.

So yes, it's a worry that this sort of measure is introduced (still nets at Goodison, no other ones spring to mind), yes it's a worry we're going backwards as a society. But branding fans of other clubs as animals because of the behaviour of a few individuals is exactly where all that starts.

I think idiots will always idiot…..

But, I don’t think behaviour was like it is now before the lockdowns and people watching from home for so long.

I hope and pray it does settle down though.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For what it’s worth. My comment about Liverpool fans being animals was not directed at all Liverpool fans. I know a few at work, and they’re intelligent and decent people. The same could be said of any club which has its share of idiots, no matter what the club. Hell my best man is a Leeds fan, and the kindest person you’re likely to meet. But I stand by what I said about that group of Liverpool fans in the centre of the SBL on Saturday, they were animals, and there was more than one of them. Liverpool FC should be cracking down on them, and if they’re not, I’ll call them complicit too.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very true! It is going to take a generation I think to heal from the damage done socially to our society by Covid.

Covid's not the issue, it's 10 years with dropping wages and a crumbling infrastructure, people get poorer and crime goes up. People tend to behave in a manner reflecting the way they think they've been treated and mirroring what value they see in their society. Yes, it will take a generation at least to fix.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For what it’s worth. My comment about Liverpool fans being animals was not directed at all Liverpool fans. I know a few at work, and they’re intelligent and decent people. The same could be said of any club which has its share of idiots, no matter what the club. Hell my best man is a Leeds fan, and the kindest person you’re likely to meet. But I stand by what I said about that group of Liverpool fans in the centre of the SBL on Saturday, they were animals, and there was more than one of them. Liverpool FC should be cracking down on them, and if they’re not, I’ll call them complicit too.
Was a group of about 50, the stewards just watched as they ripped out seats. Police should`ve been called in to sort them out? Pathetic!

Vicious Sid

Reaction score
Don't really understand how thug's can get away with what happened in the away end on Saturday.
A friend of mine from Dortmund, now retired , has been a policeman all his working life. Dortmund's average attendance is over 80,000. He tells me that trouble in the Westfalen Station is virtually non existent. He says that this is because everyone entering the stadium is subject permanently to camera surveillance. Including in the loos ! All 80,000 !
Anyone causing trouble is just about guaranteed to be arrested.
If the club with the biggest attendances in Europe can do it why can't everyone else ?

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It shouldnt need doing if crowds act like normal human beings but unfortunately they dont

Unfortunately there's nothing normal about most human beings.

Its only gonna get worse though ( not just at the football) life is tough at the moment for a lot of society , this is one of the ways they express that.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Covid's not the issue, it's 10 years with dropping wages and a crumbling infrastructure, people get poorer and crime goes up. People tend to behave in a manner reflecting the way they think they've been treated and mirroring what value they see in their society. Yes, it will take a generation at least to fix.
Welcome to Tory Britain.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bouncing about for what seemed an age was an obvious distraction whilst seats were getting ripped out.
I’d imagine the same, sadly, will get done at Anfield when we go there next.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing puzzles me. Why would anyone want to steal seats?

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought that is clearly what is meant no?
No worries then. Just annoys me when people blame ‘Covid’ as opposed to the response to covid. Two very different things.

Back on topic though, society is a mess. Only going to get worse IMO, In so many ways. Life peaked about 1999 and it’s been a pretty much steady ride into insanity every year since. The last few years have just accelerated things tenfold.

Happy Friday

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Unfortunately there's nothing normal about most human beings.

Its only gonna get worse though ( not just at the football) life is tough at the moment for a lot of society , this is one of the ways they express that.
Life was no bed of roses during and after WW2 but problem football 'fans' became a problem when most people were improving their lot in lives. It's a cop out to blame economic factors for social attitudes; upbringing and education play a huge part, and my casual observation of the latter, going downhill faster than a ski-run, suggests rocky times ahead.

Back
Top Bottom