Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Cardiff game

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is absolutely massive.

It's been a slow, if unspectacular start to the season from us. We were seconds away from what sounded like a very undeserved 6 point haul from our first three games but, instead, have had to settle for 4 - placing us right in the middle of the table.

A win at Cardiff with what is bound to be a new look Wolves team would be absolutely colossal; it would give both the fans and the players huge amounts of belief and may even serve as a springboard for a dramatic return to form. A draw wouldn't be the end of the world whereas a defeat - even at this early stage of the season - doesn't bare thinking about!

This is the most nervous I've been ahead of a game since Blackburn at home last year and I fervently fervently hope that we show up, defend (for once!) and nick a 1-0.

No idea as to the team as one would imagine 1 or 2 more signings will be made this week, with a couple of outgoings too. I just pray that we get it right.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I normally agree 100% with you but I can't here!

No game is massive at this stage of the season for me.

D

Deleted member 4099

Far to early for this kind attitude to a game. With players coming and going this week we will need time to gel. 10 games in before you start looking and or worrying.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Far to early for this kind attitude to a game. With players coming and going this week we will need time to gel. 10 games in before you start looking and or worrying.

I worry after 10 minutes!

I know it's extremely early and I'm not saying it's a must win or anything; it would just be a massive, massive boost if we did so.

I think we're all waiting for 'that performance'

The 5-1 at home to Forest; the 3-1 at West Ham; the 1-0 at Liverpool; the 2-0 at home to Fulham (false dawn perhaps!).

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I normally agree 100% with you but I can't here!

No game is massive at this stage of the season for me.

Of we miss promotion by a point then the two points we dropped Saturday will be massive. Every game in the league is massive if you're aiming for something.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is this massive? We are in the beginning of the Ståle evolution, no point putting extra pressure on ourselves before we're settled.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of we miss promotion by a point then the two points we dropped Saturday will be massive. Every game in the league is massive if you're aiming for something.

But it won't make or break our season. Statistically in this league you can lose a hell of a lot more than the top teams can in the greed league. There's no outstanding teams who are gonna run away with it.

If you start thinking that a dropped 3 points after one game has seriosuly impacted your season it can't be a good thing.

B

Bevan

I'd take a draw. Think we might lose narrowly though, a la Leeds. And if we do, providing we've brought in some new faces and are moving in the right direction, then it won't be the end of the world. Patience is key this season!

A

andyc225

Potential team against the mighty Red Dragons:

Ikeme
Zubar - Johnson - Margreitter - Ward
Peszko - Henry - Doumbia - Boukari
Doyle - SEB

Still at least 2 liabilities in there I'd like to see replaced before the deadline.

Last edited by a moderator:

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Doyle - SEB

Still at least 2 liabilities in there I'd like to see replaced before the deadline.
The main one being your lack of a goalkeeper?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well they're coming off a 4-2 defeat to Bristol City. Would be disappointed if we can't get at least a draw there as they haven't impressed me so far this season.

W

we8wba

Next three games tough as old boots

Cardiff away, Leicester home, Ipswich away

Could easily walk out those with 1-2 points as 7points

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ikeme
Doyle - SEB

Hope you're not referring to Henry. Did you not see the way the midfield fell apart without him on Saturday

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didnt play well but still drew even with a pretty makeshift team. Additions coming in, all seem to be very pacy...I am optimistic.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Next three games tough as old boots

Cardiff away, Leicester home, Ipswich away

Could easily walk out those with 1-2 points as 7points

That's a pretty tough run for the Champo. I just worry that...*going to stop posting and lie down now*

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will say that if we find some momentum, I'll be very confident of our promotion chances. Look at Sheff Wed for example; their players are bang average but they haven't tasted defeat for nearly 20 games. I'd take our current squad (on paper) over that of 08/09 but, as it stands, they'd steamroller us due to the confidence that ran throughout those players.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I did. If we can get 2 full backs who can actually defend by Sunday I think we're in with a chance.
I've been giving this some thought. It's very difficult to get a fullback who is highly adept at both attacking and defending. As they are gonna be responsible for providing width, they have to be attacking threats. Both are.

Get a more defensive player in and we lose that width.

A

andyc225

I've been giving this some thought. It's very difficult to get a fullback who is highly adept at both attacking and defending. As they are gonna be responsible for providing width, they have to be attacking threats. Both are.

Both Zubar and Ward are regularly caught out of position. They're jacks of both trades but masters of neither.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing we have to do is ditch Davis, he is slow, at fault for the Barnsley goal, and did nothing on Saturday apart from get straight on twitter after the final whistle. Shove your phone in your locker and concentrate on what you are paid for... Siguardson in please

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I believe that we need to replace both of them but wouldn't be too unhappy if it was just Zubar. What a liability!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both Zubar and Ward are regularly caught out of position. They're jacks of both trades but masters of neither.

I'd say Ward inparticular is a fantastic attacking threat, and makes up for me the lack of defensive ability.

Zubar has less of a threat for me, but when he's attacking well, he's superb at that.

One thing we have to do is ditch Davis, he is slow, at fault for the Barnsley goal, and did nothing on Saturday apart from get straight on twitter after the final whistle. Shove your phone in your locker and concentrate on what you are paid for... Siguardson in please

You want a striker for a defensive midfielder?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd rather have 2 fullbacks who can DEFEND rather than 2 fullbacks who look to attack more and are bad defenders. 4 good defenders will mean more clean sheets hopefully. If you have a clean sheet you can't lose, meaning more points. As simple as that really ;)

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd rather have 2 fullbacks who can DEFEND rather than 2 fullbacks who look to attack more and are bad defenders. 4 good defenders will mean more clean sheets hopefully. If you have a clean sheet you can't lose, meaning more points. As simple as that really ;)

Or if you don't score you can't win ;)

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But Stale's system is to play with attacking fullbacks.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be a great morale booster if we win. But massive? Not at this stage. Once the squad has bed in I expect us to improve massively from Oct onwards, then any game after xmas is massive. Agree with NWW

Back
Top Bottom