Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The brand progresses

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Do they know if the BCD is more important than Blackburn v Wrexham?!? :tonguewink:

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
TBF.... whilst us old gits have no idea what's going on here, we should really be celebrating this achievement. Seems to be the start of something, they came 4th in the Honor of Kings International Championship 2023 where the winners picked up $2.8m in prize money, they just got $125k for winning this one. Good luck to them, come on me babbies!!

Don't knock it, embrace it.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some proper wet pants adulation going on there. It’s like watching star struck teens at an early Elvis concert. Craaazeee!

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
TBF.... whilst us old gits have no idea what's going on here, we should really be celebrating this achievement. Seems to be the start of something, they came 4th in the Honor of Kings International Championship 2023 where the winners picked up $2.8m in prize money, they just got $125k for winning this one. Good luck to them, come on me babbies!!

Don't knock it, embrace it.

Will that $125k go into our transfer kitty?

meeee67

Reaction score
This Grumpalump would rather build a ramp and jump over bread baskets on me bike...A changed world....Not always for the better but still an achievement......

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This Grumpalump would rather build a ramp and jump over bread baskets on me bike...A changed world....Not always for the better but still an achievement......
Pretending that you were Evel Knievel (or Eddie Kidd depending on your age) no doubt....

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Judging by the amount of uncoordinated on-stage yampying around the definition of sport is being stretched somewhat. Without wishing to reinstate bull-baiting, **** fighting (even the swear filter doesn't approve of that one) & dog fighting, the dead of the Black Country are spinning in their graves. Has Fosun entered us (oo-er) for this yet?:
Staring tournament - Full version Part 1 - YouTube

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
I’m away in Tenerife at the minute and even my wife who is no football fan has said there must be twice as many Wolves fans here at this hotel than any other team. Quite nice to see really.
That is fantastic. Must be great to see. We are a bigger club than people think and we are so much more well-supported than people realise.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
WTF. God I’m old.
Yeah... I'm on the younger side (albeit a few years too old to care about ESports now) and even I have zero idea why we need to do this. Yes, branding and promotion but there has to be other stuff the club can do???

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah... I'm on the younger side (albeit a few years too old to care about ESports now) and even I have zero idea why we need to do this. Yes, branding and promotion but there has to be other stuff the club can do???

WE don't need to do anything. (You answer the Why? in your very next sentence).

I wonder if the young (mostly) girls in that audience would be annoyed to discover some random sports team, half way around the world, that has nothing whatsoever to do with computer games, is using the Wolves Head Logo...

I wonder if the makers of Red Bull are upset its name gets used for various random things... all **** all to do with an energy drink... why do they need to promote their business? Especially with nonsense like running a world beating F1 team.... surely there's other stuff they could be doing?

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
WE don't need to do anything. (You answer the Why? in your very next sentence).

I wonder if the young (mostly) girls in that audience would be annoyed to discover some random sports team, half way around the world, that has nothing whatsoever to do with computer games, is using the Wolves Head Logo...

I wonder if the makers of Red Bull are upset its name gets used for various random things... all **** all to do with an energy drink... why do they need to promote their business? Especially with nonsense like running a world beating F1 team.... surely there's other stuff they could be doing?
You've really come out the gate at me there. Is branding something you are very passionate about?

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You've really come out the gate at me there. Is branding something you are very passionate about?

Nope... happy for it to go on in the background though if it's helping in any small way whatsoever.

Red Bull played this market to perfection, and look at the outcome.

I'm just surprised that people are so dismissive of something with potential positive effects and no chance of anything negative at all.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Nope... happy for it to go on in the background though if it's helping in any small way whatsoever.

Red Bull played this market to perfection, and look at the outcome.

I'm just surprised that people are so dismissive of something with potential positive effects and no chance of anything negative at all.
I'm surprised that you have seemingly ripped my head off for not giving a **** about the international branding that my football club is developing.

I'm a ****ing football fan, so are you and so is everyone else on here. We aren't branding experts. So I'm not surprised people on here don't care.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm surprised that you have seemingly ripped my head off for not giving a **** about the international branding that my football club is developing.

I'm a ****ing football fan, so are you and so is everyone else on here. We aren't branding experts. So I'm not surprised people on here don't care.
He/she has absolutely not 'ripped your head off'. That was pretty mild.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
You're not going to get on very well here if you go around accusing posts like that of 'ripping your head off' I'm afraid.
God help you if someone does have a go.
Ah well, if you as the Administrator think I'm 'not going to get on very well', feel free to delete my account. Apart from the interaction on this thread I'm enjoying my time here.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

He/she has absolutely not 'ripped your head off'. That was pretty mild.

I'm free to interpret it however I like and so are you. The way I see it and the way you see it doesn't have to align.

You're not going to get on very well here if you go around accusing posts like that of 'ripping your head off' I'm afraid.
God help you if someone does have a go.

Ah well, if you as the Administrator think I'm 'not going to get on very well', feel free to delete my account. Apart from the interaction on this thread I'm enjoying my time here.

@WorcesterWanderer .... I apologise if my tone made it think I was having a go in any way. I absolutely wasn't... just making a calm and valid point. If I was talking to you instead of typing that would have been obvious. It would have been in a calm voice with a smile on my face, not snaring, shouting and growling, I can assure you.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
@WorcesterWanderer .... I apologise if my tone made it think I was having a go in any way. I absolutely wasn't... just making a calm and valid point. If I was talking to you instead of typing that would have been obvious. It would have been in a calm voice with a smile on my face, not snaring, shouting and growling, I can assure you.
I massively appreciate this, thanks. It was just a difference of understanding tone then. I apologise for being defensive, but as you implied, it is impossible to read someone's tone over text, so I thought it was a put-down. Cheers for clarifying.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re a valued poster, but Lobo isn’t like that i promise you, there’s plenty more to be wary of!!! ipad phobias, the lot!!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I massively appreciate this, thanks. It was just a difference of understanding tone then. I apologise for being defensive, but as you implied, it is impossible to read someone's tone over text, so I thought it was a put-down. Cheers for clarifying.

It’s really easy to misinterpret someone’s tone through written posts alone. I’ve done it, both in my posts and in my reaction to others. As @Mutchy says, when it genuinely gets heated, you’ll know it! Thankfully most of the time such reactions are not aimed at the posters themselves, but rather at the subject or opinion. When they get personal, the mods do a decent job at pulling us apart and applying slapped wrists if necessary.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
It’s really easy to misinterpret someone’s tone through written posts alone. I’ve done it, both in my posts and in my reaction to others. As @Mutchy says, when it genuinely gets heated, you’ll know it! Thankfully most of the time such reactions are not aimed at the posters themselves, but rather at the subject or opinion. When they get personal, the mods do a decent job at pulling us apart and applying slapped wrists if necessary.
I struggle with picking apart what people actually mean in real life sometimes, which is ironic because I'm told I can be very blunt, so as you can imagine it is very hard to do on the computer. I'm glad that the situation was resolved. Sometimes it's easy to get carried away on forums, especially if you woke up on the wrong side of the bed etc. I have to say this was handled quite well and I've moved away from it feeling like Lobo understood that it was a mere misunderstanding and I believe nothing else will come of it of course.

Much better than issues I've had on previous forums, but as I've said before, MM seems very different to those.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I struggle with picking apart what people actually mean in real life sometimes, which is ironic because I'm told I can be very blunt, so as you can imagine it is very hard to do on the computer. I'm glad that the situation was resolved. Sometimes it's easy to get carried away on forums, especially if you woke up on the wrong side of the bed etc. I have to say this was handled quite well and I've moved away from it feeling like Lobo understood that it was a mere misunderstanding and I believe nothing else will come of it of course.

Much better than issues I've had on previous forums, but as I've said before, MM seems very different to those.

I agree totally. It’s actually a pretty supportive forum for the most part, but yes you do have to remind yourself of that occasionally! :)

Back
Top Bottom