Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The bottom six

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Chelsea beat Luton on Friday , the bottom six are already in place and those teams will not change all season
Surely we can be better than three of them ?

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Chelsea beat Luton on Friday , the bottom six are already in place and those teams will not change all season
I wouldn’t hold your breath. After 135 minutes I would think it’s possible but seeing that 2nd half performance, but more concerning the way the players came out for the 2nd half, I have real fears that the longer GON is here the worse it will get.

Reaction score
20th Luton
19th Sheffield United
18th Everton*

*12 PT deduction for FFP breach
If we can't do better than those 3 we deserve to go down.

Wouldn't want to put money on us finishing above Bournemouth or Burnley currently.
They wont get a points deduction this season

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Add a decent keeper, CB, CM and a forward to the squad and I'd feel very confident. Don't do any of that and we are going to need a fair bit of luck I'd say, and it's not something we are exactly known for? I don't think we have a squad are per se, but being blunt, we don't have a top coach, we lack leaders, we struggle in-front of goal and the squad is light in key areas. I'd be far from shocked if we ended up down there fighting all season. We've probably got enough to finish roughly where we did last season, but I wouldn't put my house on it like Fosun tbqh.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham looking like they could end up down there too.

I think we will finish above 6 clubs in 14th.

Everton, Burnley, Sheffield United, Luton, Fulham, Bournemouth.
About right there but I can also see us above Forest and close with West Ham IMO

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
They wont get a points deduction this season
Well every chance they never will, but considering in March the PL were talking about doing it for last season, if there is a points deduction and it's not this season then that's beyond farcical.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Well every chance they never will, but considering in March the PL were talking about doing it for last season, if there is a points deduction and it's not this season then that's beyond farcical.
I did read that they are looking to strengthen this window. Bonkers. If there is no points deduction, what is the incentive for clubs to keep in FFP line?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did read that they are looking to strengthen this window. Bonkers. If there is no points deduction, what is the incentive for clubs to keep in FFP line?
They've already signed Harrison, Chermiti, Danjuma and Young whilst are still being linked to Adams, Gnonto and Hudson-Odoi amongst others.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham looking like they could end up down there too.

Fulham have looked awful. Though we have to allow time for their new striker (and that strong fast winger) to settle. The same leeway everybody says we have to give to our new signings, applies to other teams.

I think we will finish above 6 clubs in 14th.

Everton, Burnley, Sheffield United, Luton, Fulham, Bournemouth.

Hopefully yes. I think we are going to spend large parts of the season down there with them, though. Add Forest in and similar to last season, when 8 or 9 teams are going to beating each other every other week. We just haven't strengthened from last season. It's magical thinking to believe a manager even Bournemouth didn't deem good enough for them, is going to get a better tune out of these players than JL did the second half of last season.

Despite the flack thrown at pundits and bookies 2 weeks ago, interesting that the bottom 6 is already much as predicted - after just 2 matches!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As we saw with Burnley on many occasions we can get beaten by brutal force .
We have a powder puff attack not able to lay a glove on a robust team. Sasa and Silva hmmmmmm Fragile or what !
One goal and we have to score two. And that is a rarity.
With an inability to lock up against the top teams , as Nuno could do , we have little space to find points.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMHO We'll finish above all these.

Brentford
Crystal Palace
Everton
Fulham
Luton
Bournemouth
Burnley
Sheffield United

And be beating around with Villa, West ham and whichever of the former big six flunks it big this season.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As we saw with Burnley on many occasions we can get beaten by brutal force .
We have a powder puff attack not able to lay a glove on a robust team. Sasa and Silva hmmmmmm Fragile or what !
One goal and we have to score two. And that is a rarity.
With an inability to lock up against the top teams , as Nuno could do , we have little space to find points.
I think that's what should terrify us, we simply don't look like we have a way to win unless we suddenly start converting chances and prove we can hold a lead.
We have to be mentally right, the gaffer and coaches have a massive job to get these players to buy in as they would have done before we lost the manager. I am praying they can connect with the players soon, perhaps the big defeat will focus the minds.
But its early days, I'm particularly looking forward to seeing B Traore in the 11 and the return of Sasa.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Brentford
Crystal Palace
Everton
Fulham
Luton
Bournemouth
Burnley
Sheffield United

And be beating around with Villa, West ham and whichever of the former big six flunks it big this season.
Not a chance we're finishing above the likes of Palace or Brentford. They have such good home form and are quite solid and hard to beat. We will roll over and be no threat to opposition goal, so teams will attack us knowing we will finish with nil.
Still, we might be above Sheff Utd, Luton and Everton.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sheff Utd do look poor but they are fighting

Everton - find out Saturday how bad they are

Luton - they will be down there but unknown still may pick up played 2 hard games Chelsea Friday and Brighton so hard to judge their abilities off those games

Still if we can’t finish above these 3 then serious questions have to be asked of those representing Wolves at present

Wiltshire Wolfie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As long as we finish no worse than 17th, the relief will be massive. The games against those around us are the ones we have to win where we can. The top half we'll probably get little from but knowing us, we will beat a top six team against the odds. I think that Brentford and palace will be ok, we have to take points off Luton, Sheff Utd, Everton, Bournemouth, Burnley and Fulham. What worries me is that we survive and then Shi comes out and says that there were some miscalculations / oversights about FFP and we will have to not spend much again for another season....but let us cross that bridge if and when we get to it.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance we're finishing above the likes of Palace or Brentford. They have such good home form and are quite solid and hard to beat. We will roll over and be no threat to opposition goal, so teams will attack us knowing we will finish with nil.
Still, we might be above Sheff Utd, Luton and Everton.
I think we have been a threat to the opposition goal based on what we have seen so far. I think there is enough players there with the potential to get goals for one of them to come good.
How many teams do you think will finish ahead of Brighton and Man United?
I think City, Arsenal and Newcastle. Not convinced Liverpool or Chelsea are any better despite the massive spending.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as we finish no worse than 17th, the relief will be massive. The games against those around us are the ones we have to win where we can. The top half we'll probably get little from but knowing us, we will beat a top six team against the odds. I think that Brentford and palace will be ok, we have to take points off Luton, Sheff Utd, Everton, Bournemouth, Burnley and Fulham. What worries me is that we survive and then Shi comes out and says that there were some miscalculations / oversights about FFP and we will have to not spend much again for another season....but let us cross that bridge if and when we get to it.
I will be massively disappointed if we finish 17th. **** that ****.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I admire optimism, but some of the predictions about which clubs we will finish above bear no semblance to reality, based on what I have seen from our fist two matches this season.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I admire optimism, but some of the predictions about which clubs we will finish above bear no semblance to reality, based on what I have seen from our fist two matches this season.
**** I forgot to even include forest in mine! I'll put them in the same group as us and Villa. Maybe that makes mine less optimistic.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Brentford
Crystal Palace
Everton
Fulham
Luton
Bournemouth
Burnley
Sheffield United

Brentford are on 4 points already
Be another month til we get that many.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Luton, Sheffield, Everton, Burnley and us is the nailed on bottom 5. What order they'll be in is anyone's guess. I would add the likes of Forest and Bournemouth but they'll be okay as they're strengthening this window, meanwhile we're just sitting back doing nothing.

Back
Top Bottom