Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The backroom staff

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven’t seen anywhere anything official re the rumours of Derry , Robson & Jenkins .

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is my biggest concern with the whole fallout. Lopetegui had a full, strong, competent contingent. I really don't want to go back to the half-***** Lage and Sellars days where it sometimes felt like everything was being run out of the back of a caravan, and fitness was a bonus rather than a goal.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
As said elsewhere look at Cornwalls post on one of the coaches as an analyst
Cornwall's infamous post has been referred to a number of times but I have no clue where it is! Can someone provide a link please?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is my biggest concern with the whole fallout. Lopetegui had a full, strong, competent contingent. I really don't want to go back to the half-***** Lage and Sellars days where it sometimes felt like everything was being run out of the back of a caravan, and fitness was a bonus rather than a goal.
This is my biggest concern, and my biggest criticism of Lopetegui. Putting aside blame, and I'm sure there's enough to go around, he should have put all his efforts into the club until Christmas at least. Leaving, with all the support staff at this juncture is unforgivable. And gives no consideration to the fans, players and other staff.
I remember with Nuno possibility leaving, rumours were rumbling around months before the eventual parting of the ways.
But he did not leave us in the lurch, at the worst possible time. This to me says a lot about the ethical behaviour and character of the two men.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cornwall's infamous post has been referred to a number of times but I have no clue where it is! Can someone provide a link please?

Jenkins

“He is one of those coaches that supporters do not recognize or gets credit for all the hard work they put in.. superb Match and player analysis.. excellent with all the software that supports analysis.. not a headliner and goes under the radar but he is a person you would want in your Managers/Head Coaches team”

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Jenkins

“He is one of those coaches that supporters do not recognize or gets credit for all the hard work they put in.. superb Match and player analysis.. excellent with all the software that supports analysis.. not a headliner and goes under the radar but he is a person you would want in your Managers/Head Coaches team”
Cheers.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the mess Lop left us in I guess we had little time to do much as we need people in now,I must say I don’t know much about them, not seen details of contact length’s etc. but would hope their performance would be monitored and if any not up to the job then look to replace them,
But they’re here so judge them on what they do going forwards

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would also say that speaking to people in the game today .. Sean Derry is also very highly recognized and respected..

People will hold his gardening leave against him,

But it was two different styles that caused the issue, he wanted to make sure the players knew if they performed poorly, well as Vieria softly spoken. Funny there results went downhill after

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almost as an afterthought, I do hope Doris is still in post and there is enough in the kitty for her regular weekly pay packet! ;)
Always a most important person but often forgotten when high finance rears it's ugly head.
Just to calm your fears, Doris is still in her job and has recently made Hwang a tasty chicken soup.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

REVEALED: Patrick Vieira DUMPED Shaun Derry as a coach at Crystal Palace in row over overstepping his role after he caught him repeatedly berating their players, in a personality clash with his boss​

Yes, we've done this (thanks to @Sussex Wolf ). Reliably informed Viera didn't like Derry having a go at players. Viera got rid of Derry. Palace lost a lot of games. Palace got rid of Viera. Palace got Derry back.

Of course it's probably a bit old school, and I'm struggling with the image of Viera as a big softie, but hopefully nothing to worry about!

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both will be done with existing internal staff
This was confirmed in the E and S podcast 304 which I listened to yesterday.

To be honest I thought it was an excellent listen. Keen and Judah spoke for over an hour, discussing just about everything that has happened and what they expect will happen.

Mentioned about promoting from within and we had some excellent staff who would do a really good job.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know if GON has worked with any of the back room staff before? I think I read on another thread that when GON left Bournemouth a lot of the back room staff stayed there.

Back
Top Bottom