Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The **** Away

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ve got very little on the counter, their few chances will be at set pieces which were excellent at defending. I think we’ll have a real go at them and early. GON will know an early goal kills them but the longer they hold out the harder it becomes
You're well informed........

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any idea what kit we are playing in on Sunday?

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Six defeats and 5 draws in those 28 years doesn’t make it sound anywhere near as bad ….
Not as bad agreed, but still pitiful.

The fact that Bully and Thommo played in that game, the last time we won, just blows my mind.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
GON will understand this fixture more so than Nuno (no disrespect to Nuno at all).

Nuno will of course understand the premise of a derby, but I think GON will feel this one and it will transfer to the players.

I imagine he will have professionally, and calmly, told the players they go to war tomorrow. The likes of Neto and Cunha will want to be ruthless. The likes of Lemina, Dawson and Toti won’t give up any second balls. This game was made for the likes of Lemina, a ****ing soldier.

They all know, I’m sure of it.

**** em off get into em.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
GON will understand this fixture more so than Nuno (no disrespect to Nuno at all).

Nuno will of course understand the premise of a derby, but I think GON will feel this one and it will transfer to the players.

I imagine he will have professionally, and calmly, told the players they go to war tomorrow. The likes of Neto and Cunha will want to be ruthless. The likes of Lemina, Dawson and Toti won’t give up any second balls. This game was made for the likes of Lemina, a ****ing soldier.

They all know, I’m sure of it.

**** em off get into em.
I’ve read somewhere that Gary grew up a Millwall fan, but later in his career played for West Ham, so I’m fairly sure he understands how fierce the Wolves Albion rivalry is.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My god their forum is depressing and full of angst, hope we hammer them.
For a lot of Albion fans there is some weird, arrogance towards Wolves, where they feel they are in some way superior. For years they were a premier league side and while their only achievement was a top half finish, it was more than us. Now it's unarguably clear we've left them behind, those types are struggling to come to terms with this and their relative success in our sporadic meetings is all they have.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve read somewhere that Gary grew up a Millwall fan, but later in his career played for West Ham, so I’m fairly sure he understands how fierce the Wolves Albion rivalry is.
100%.

I watched Newcastle Sunderland in the cup, but don’t bother with the Madrid derbies for example. I think it’s just a bit more relatable growing up with the rivalries, although you can appreciate others.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a lot of Albion fans there is some weird, arrogance towards Wolves, where they feel they are in some way superior. For years they were a premier league side and while their only achievement was a top half finish, it was more than us. Now it's unarguably clear we've left them behind, those types are struggling to come to terms with this and their relative success in our sporadic meetings is all they have.
I agree, they are a strange lot. Most of them live in a **** hole, and the few that don't migrate to the west of Wolverhampton, yet they call us dingles. They haven't won anything since 1968 and the only thing they have to celebrate is a few wins against us.
We may have had some lows, but we've had a lot more highs than they will ever experience.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But how many actually put their hand in their pocket? Fair play to the ones that did.
In fairness many Albion fans are fine and pretty much like us, just with a poor sense of judgement. But once past Tipton or Dudley they rapidly go downhill until you hit rock bottom in the Brummie parts like West Brom itself, Handsworth etc.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I quite like Sarabia, I'm not sure he's really derby material though, Bellegarde-Cunha-Neto is fine by me. If that's not enough something's gone wrong.
I think the hustle and bustle of a derby doesn’t suit him, however I think they’ll sit in a lot so we’ll need someone who can pick a pass (as well as keeping the ball moving) so I hope he’s fit to start. If it’s still 0-0 with 20 to go which has every chance as I think they’ll try and frustrate us, tired defenders won’t want to see Bellegarde and RAN coming on full of face and tricks

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the hustle and bustle of a derby doesn’t suit him, however I think they’ll sit in a lot so we’ll need someone who can pick a pass (as well as keeping the ball moving) so I hope he’s fit to start. If it’s still 0-0 with 20 to go which has every chance as I think they’ll try and frustrate us, tired defenders won’t want to see Bellegarde and RAN coming on full of face and tricks
Agree with that, don't know if the dangerous pace of Neto and Cunha will have much say on a game that might be packed in their half, but think they'll come at us a bit more than if they were playing Arsenal or Citeh say. What formation do they usually play and can they play that way against us?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m really interested to know if some ill advised chancer will try to sell the scourge of modern day football half n half scarves tomorrow.
They were selling half and half scarves at the Brentford replay. I mean how many will they sell at that?!!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing hell, I am ****ting it. Can someone come and give me a cuddle. Mrs Walsall even after 41 years of marriage still does not understand me, keeps calling me pathetic. I mean she's half right, in others aspects I am - but I think everyone on here can relate to the nerves coming up against these reprobates.

27 ****ing years. Please put it to bed tomorrow Wolves.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing hell, I am ****ting it. Can someone come and give me a cuddle. Mrs Walsall even after 41 years of marriage still does not understand me, keeps calling me pathetic. I mean she's half right, in others aspects I am - but I think everyone on here can relate to the nerves coming up against these reprobates.

Try and find those Mrs pics, that’ll take your mind elsewhere.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Pathetic.

The fact same word my Mrs used too. They just don’t get it do they.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm starting to get nervous now, what makes it worse is that it's a game we should win, and in normal circumstances if we turn up it should be comfortable, but derbies don't work like that and we have a habit of making **** teams look good as well, please don't bottle this one lads

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were selling half and half scarves at the Brentford replay. I mean how many will they sell at that?!!
Overseas visitors maybe to see their own country folk playing, or perhaps a few attending their first game at Molineux.

Never have (and probably never will) buy one, unless it's for novelty factor when Wolves meet Real Madrid in a CL Final.
I know, dream on and keep taking the medication. :)

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meeting at 8 in our local spoons for beer and breakfast then have a mixed minibus up there with a mix of wolves and Albion mates. Though if we win I think I might be made to get my own way back lol
IF, IF,

Back
Top Bottom