Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The **** Away

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting conversation with a baggie today. His attitude is they expect to lose as we will have individuals worth more than their squad. Obvious deflection because, like many baggies, he has that strange arrogance of theirs regarding Wolves. My response was thats fair enough, but that's due to their clubs mismanagement. They had many years of Premier league money before we did. They chose to build a side of limited, older players with no resale value. We're not perfect but have made a better fist of it, so far, and it's fair to say we've enjoyed more success, such as it was, than them in recent years.
If they're miles behind us now it's their own fault

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Interesting conversation with a baggie today. His attitude is they expect to lose as we will have individuals worth more than their squad. Obvious deflection because, like many baggies, he has that strange arrogance of theirs regarding Wolves. My response was thats fair enough, but that's due to their clubs mismanagement. They had many years of Premier league money before we did. They chose to build a side of limited, older players with no resale value. We're not perfect but have made a better fist of it, so far, and it's fair to say we've enjoyed more success, such as it was, than them in recent years.
If they're miles behind us now it's their own fault
Yes, all the baggies I have contact with are coming out with the same line as if saying 'you should beat us' somehow gets them out of jail for being the big steaming pile of **** that they are.
For the record, damn right we should beat them. They've been a nothing club for decades and just because they're so ****, it won't detract from my pleasure should we give em the right good spanking that's been coming to them for years.

No doubt lady luck and the ref will be in their corner to stitch us up somehow as usual though.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
Should have a Calcutta Cup type arrangement where we play them every pre-season, with games alternating between Molineux and The Hawthorns.

Would sell out and attract better crowds than any friendly game, so good for both clubs.

Trophy could be a big chain...

I remember those old style toilet cisterns. That would be very appropriate for them.

(Should be a good-plated handle when we win.)

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have a Calcutta Cup type arrangement where we play them every pre-season, with games alternating between Molineux and The Hawthorns.

Would sell out and attract better crowds than any friendly game, so good for both clubs.

Trophy could be a big chain, like the symbol on the Black Country flag.
Wasn't the last time we played them in a friendly Ally Robertson's testimonial in 87/88? My memory may be playing tricks but I seem to remember there being no segregation between the fans and fighting in the stands

Bigcheese

Reaction score
Wasn't the last time we played them in a friendly Ally Robertson's testimonial in 87/88? My memory may be playing tricks but I seem to remember there being no segregation between the fans and fighting in the stands
I remember that game well,me and a mate ended up in there end and ended up being thrown out when one of our goals went in.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Not 100% sure of the chronology but potentially Woolwich Arsenal v Charlton?
You made me look. Apparently Charlton formed 1905 and played in red and white because they borrowed kit from Woolwich Arsenal. Don't think they'd have ever played a derby though as they didn't get into the league until long after Arsenal had moved to Highbury.

Reactions: AW

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Tescos I know are all trying to play it down saying Wolves will win easily etc but I know that’s a sham. Behind their external thoughts they’re arrogant to believe their record against us will see them win. This is quite possibly the worst Tesco team in over two decades and the football they play is average at best. If we fail to beat them then I will accept such things as curses and hoodoos

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Tescos I know are all trying to play it down saying Wolves will win easily etc but I know that’s a sham. Behind their external thoughts they’re arrogant to believe their record against us will see them win. This is quite possibly the worst Tesco team in over two decades and the football they play is average at best. If we fail to beat them then I will accept such things as curses and hoodoos

They’ll be waiting for the atypical sneering Albion slimeism if things go their way.

****s.

Last edited:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did I see WV1 are showing the game? Nothing on the website about it

Bradstonian

Reaction score
You made me look. Apparently Charlton formed 1905 and played in red and white because they borrowed kit from Woolwich Arsenal. Don't think they'd have ever played a derby though as they didn't get into the league until long after Arsenal had moved to Highbury.
And Juventus took their colours from Notts County, of all places!

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£15 for a drink and watch along with Robbie Dennison. Sold out a few days ago
Found it in the end, thought it would be sold out. Grabbed a couple for the Hangar, no idea what it's like but beats sitting on my hands in the home end. Last time I attempted that was in the box at West Ham when Traore scored in time added on, which ended up better than it looked like it might!

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
If we win this one and finish 17th I will consider this season a success. If we win and finish 18th I'll live with it. :) Anything else will be very hard. I dread it the jacksy gits always seem to find a way.

Back
Top Bottom