Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The **** Away

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Correct ....Exeter away was 11.00 am kick off......Remember it well . Ring of steel around Exeter due to our reputation and recall stopping off at a pub near Cullompton on way back was absolutely rammed with Wolves fans with the locals who had popped in for a quiet pint ending up helping to serve us

Now that is a coincidence. The four of us decided to get out of Exeter before having a drink. We stopped near to Cullompton thinking we could have a quiet drink, only to find the pub packed with Wolves fans. It was possibly the same establishment, so we may well have nearly met each other.. :)

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
Correct ....Exeter away was 11.00 am kick off......Remember it well . Ring of steel around Exeter due to our reputation and recall stopping off at a pub near Cullompton on way back was absolutely rammed with Wolves fans with the locals who had popped in for a quiet pint ending up helping to serve us
Pretty sure Bury away at the start of 88/89 was 11:00 as well

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now that is a coincidence. The four of us decided to get out of Exeter before having a drink. We stopped near to Cullompton thinking we could have a quiet drink, only to find the pub packed with Wolves fans. It was possibly the same establishment, so we may well have nearly met each other.. :)

LOL......Think the Devon constabulary learned their lesson after the Saturday 7.30pm kick off at Torquay.....Horrendous when you look back

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The

Ally Robertson got sent off for a second yellow for questioning the linesman bloodline ! They missed two penalties ! The masses of Wolves fans serenading Exeter legend Tony Kellow ( in fairness he was a cracking lower league striker but not that day ! ) with " You couldn't score in a brothel ! " Mark Kendall dragged a press photographer off the pitch as he ran on during the game to take a picture of the thousands of Wolves fans who had taken over the home end at St James Park. I remember thinking what a player Rob Kelly is ( such a shame he career was ruined by knee injuries ) Wolves won 3-1 and Bully, Matt Formann and Rob Kelly scored !
Yep that was it. A great day, but a dark time in div 4 with the hooligan ********* on a regular away day basis

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
LOL......Think the Devon constabulary learned their lesson after the Saturday 7.30pm kick off at Torquay.....Horrendous when you look back
We played Torquay on a Friday night. That was a monster journey there and back from Telford

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We played Torquay on a Friday night. That was a monster journey there and back from Telford

Really thought it was Saturday ....still, 7.30 pm kick off with thousands of Wolves fans fueled up and totally out of control ......We stayed in the Palm Court Hotel for a couple of nights and had to get the manager to vouch for us and arrange 'back door' entrance to a curry house the night before the game

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really thought it was Saturday ....still, 7.30 pm kick off with thousands of Wolves fans fueled up and totally out of control ......We stayed in the Palm Court Hotel for a couple of nights and had to get the manager to vouch for us and arrange 'back door' entrance to a curry house the night before the game
Definitely a Friday dude.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
12.30 is fine, but 11.45 is missing kick off territory for me.

Saying that, City and Newcastle fans have it far worse.
It’s just lazy policing. Instead of figuring out ways to keep everybody segregated and make sure everybody has a good day out they make it as early as possible and treat the fans like scum.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit premature I know but if we get 5,700 tickets at what loyalty point threshold would they sell out?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
A bit premature I know but if we get 5,700 tickets at what loyalty point threshold would they sell out?
We won’t get anywhere near that. They’ll give us as little tickets as possible.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
It’s a minimum of 15% so it’s over 4,000.
Which means we get the Smethwick end.

I think.
Yeah I think it’s usually a minimum of 15% if requested, but I think sometimes police can step in and restrict it.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
A spokesman for the competition said: "FA Cup rules allow for an away allocation of up to 15% of the home stadium.

"However this is subject to the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG) agreeing to that ticket allocation number.

"The SAG is made up of services such as the local council, police, fire brigade and the club amongst others and issues the stadium’s health and safety certificate.”

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For years it was normal procedure for Torquay league games to be played at 7.30 on a Saturday night. Incredible that after a day getting wasted on the English Rivera it was then off to Plainmoor to watch the game. I think it stopped after Plod finally had enough. Also, Torbay rate payers were not too impressed with the size of the police bill. No surprise that it was finally stopped after home games against Millwall and Cardiff in what was the old 4th Division which ended in battles at Torquay seafront in front of terrified tourists.

dgm6769

Reaction score
I was there. ..told the story before but me and my mates jumped on the special at 5am as 14yr olds. What an experience that was ....never told me folks I was going......thought I had got away with it , till I was on the front of express and star , sat on the toilets at the back of the stand watching the match....
I knew that was gonna be a fun journey when the lads stood next to us on wolvo Station were all swigging from litre bottles of vodka, think we'd been on the train about 2 hours when it pulled into Walsall with the amount the emergency brake chain got yanked. Those were the days.

WR4Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Yes and I went to that. Loads of idiots pulled down the fencing behind the away end
Amazingly we were at school on the bank holiday Monday for some reason but bunked the day off to go. Remember whilst everyone else was just walking in through the ripped down fencing we paid to get in as didn't want to get nicked when we were supposed to be at school

Also remember we were given the big home end that day & had thousands there

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I think it’s usually a minimum of 15% if requested, but I think sometimes police can step in and restrict it.
Bit of a ****s trick if they do , they let them bring 5k last time we drew each other all be it in a bubble , maybe that will be the request of the police …

Back
Top Bottom