Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The **** Away

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think people realise the **** have a load of players out too. They played the kids the weekend.

If we are scared to play them though, in a side with the likes of Cunha, Neto, Lemina, Semedo, Bellegarde then I think we may as well pack it all up and call it a day.

Our best chance of burying the hoodoo in generations.
agreed, we all know the pain of the past.

This is a change for this group and GON to banish those demons for good!

Bring it on..

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Just been reading the unmentionables forum - they think if we do beat Brentford which is by no means a given they reckon that given the current history they will beat us. I'll be very disappointing to say the least if they do but if they don't get promotion it will be a problem for them as they are running close to administration. So every cloud has a silver lining

SeaWolf

Reaction score
one of my best away days ever in that away end.

Bring it on - as you say that's why we support Wolves.
That two-footed lunging tackle on 47 seconds is unbelievable. Reminiscent of Cantona's flying kung-fu kick into the crowd.

mrboing

Reaction score
For the record I think most people are realistic about the (potential) clash and there is no prospect of running close to administration. Or won’t be after tomorrow. Long old road and big gap to close these days though.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Proper top of the table clash, we’d just beaten them 3-0 - I believe they hadn’t lost in ages then we turned up and played them off the park to go top of the league IIRC. Couple of cracking goals too and it was at their old ground. Think Jeff may have even got a round in for the fans before the game!

At the train station after the game all singing in good spirits and then one of their fans gets singled out for wearing chinos Vid here if interested

I just can’t believe it was 9yrs ago! UTW
I still remember that game , can't believe 9 years

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Proper top of the table clash, we’d just beaten them 3-0 - I believe they hadn’t lost in ages then we turned up and played them off the park to go top of the league IIRC. Couple of cracking goals too and it was at their old ground. Think Jeff may have even got a round in for the fans before the game!

At the train station after the game all singing in good spirits and then one of their fans gets singled out for wearing chinos Vid here if interested

I just can’t believe it was 9yrs ago! UTW

Jeff and Laurie got the jagerbombs in before the 0-0 in the Championship season. A good day despite the oddly drab game!

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will we have to wait until after the replays to find out the TV games and kick off time?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger, but I'm pretty sure TV picks and KO times will happen before the replay. I think we might even get them this side of the weekend (i.e. by end of the week), but certainly before the replay if not.

Ticket allocation obviously comes after the replay, as we have to win it first. Brentford and Wolves will be asking for very different allocations...!

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't shoot the messenger, but I'm pretty sure TV picks and KO times will happen before the replay. I think we might even get them this side of the weekend (i.e. by end of the week), but certainly before the replay if not.

Ticket allocation obviously comes after the replay, as we have to win it first. Brentford and Wolves will be asking for very different allocations...!

Will the TV guys take a punt I wonder, they won't fancy The **** v Brentford on prime time viewing?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will the TV guys take a punt I wonder, they won't fancy The **** v Brentford on prime time viewing?

I think they will. WBA (decent Championship) at home to PL opposition isn't a bad viewing even if we don't get through.

We're nailed on for the lunchtime KO on either Saturday or Sunday due to police, so I'm sure they'll be happy with reserving their prime viewing spots Spurs v City, Chelsea v Villa, Eastleigh/Newport v Man Utd.

Seven games were live in the Fourth Round last year, from Friday night through to Monday night, so sure it'll be one of them.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they will. WBA (decent Championship) at home to PL opposition isn't a bad viewing even if we don't get through.

We're nailed on for the lunchtime KO on either Saturday or Sunday due to police, so I'm sure they'll be happy with reserving their prime viewing spots Spurs v City, Chelsea v Villa, Eastleigh/Newport v Man Utd.

Seven games were live in the Fourth Round last year, from Friday night through to Monday night, so sure it'll be one of them.

Hopefully not the Monday night!

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt we will be picked for TV. We weren't in 2007 and nothing has changed since.

I remember sending a message asking the head of BBC sport at the time why our game hadn't been picked for coverage and Man Utd v Portsmouth had. He replied that it was BBC sport policy to pick Man Utd as their primary match (if they had first choice) to show every round no matter who they were playing.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FFS, ****ing wet wipes “wE aLwaYS lOsE tO tHe aLbiOn, wOrST dRaW pOsSiBLe”

27 years wait to do these ****s over at there place. I’m praying we beat Brentford.

Never forget the banners when we went to league 1. Never forget the chants about Billy Wright. Never forget the Tesco bags. Never forget them on the pitch in front of us after the playoffs.

The inbreds even had a pitch invasion when they beat us in an under 23 game a couple of years ago.

This has to happen and we have to beat them.

Anyone who expects to lose, don’t ****ing go. Same as the melts trying to make out they hated Villa more a couple of years ago.

This is THE game.

This is THE real quiz

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get them we’ll be without Hwang, RAN, Traore and Gomes.

And we’ve just left ourself short of strikers……
Imagine being one of our young local lads and getting Hwangs place for a game at Albion, they would give everything on the pitch. Fraser could be our hero

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That two-footed lunging tackle on 47 seconds is unbelievable. Reminiscent of Cantona's flying kung-fu kick into the crowd.
Yep. It’s hilarious that’s what people could do back then. All a bit softer now ;)

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody else remember January 1996......me and me mates called it mad January...

6th Jan Blues fa cup away. ,
10th Jan Villa league cup away
13th Jan West brom away league
17th Jan Blues home fa cup replay
27th Jan Spurs away fa cup....

Absolute bedlam the whole month....we still talk about it to this day....mad January....and Spurs went to a replay ....

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody else remember January 1996......me and me mates called it mad January...

6th Jan Blues fa cup away. ,
10th Jan Villa league cup away
13th Jan West brom away league
17th Jan Blues home fa cup replay
27th Jan Spurs away fa cup....

Absolute bedlam the whole month....we still talk about it to this day....mad January....and Spurs went to a replay ....
Think I’m correct in saying Dean Richard’s had his car crash after that Spurs game too. Something of a sliding doors moment that. Hard to understate just how good he was at that time. Made Joleon Lescott look like Paul Stancliffe.

Back
Top Bottom