Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The **** Away

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The factors pertaining, should we beat Brentford….

1 it’s a derby game, so it will be tense and tight, a goal either way or a draw! Anyone on here expecting us to thrash them will be extremely disappointed I’m afraid.

2 it’s a cup tie so again, the underdog will be playing out of their skins, in an all or nothing approach!

3 We will definitely not be at full strength!

4. They’ve had a number of years looking up at us so they’ve wanted and waited for this opportunity to come along and their players will be well up for it, knowing what it means to their support.

5 We’re away, and will be heavily outnumbered in the vocal stakes, given it’s a white heat local derby

6 Generally it’s never been a happy hunting ground for us

So all the Mixers on here, rubbing their hands together and salivating expecting this to be some kind of easy parade of our premier league pedigree over their championship mediocrity ….. forget it!!!

I’m too long in the tooth and seen too many similar scenarios to know that if we manage to get anything there it will be very hard earned!!

Mark my words!!!

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The factors pertaining, should we beat Brentford….

1 it’s a derby game, so it will be tense and tight, a goal either way or a draw! Anyone on here expecting us to thrash them will be extremely disappointed I’m afraid.

2 it’s a cup tie so again, the underdog will be playing out of their skins, in an all or nothing approach!

3 We will definitely not be at full strength!

4. They’ve had a number of years looking up at us so they’ve wanted and waited for this opportunity to come along and their players will be well up for it, knowing what it means to their support.

5 We’re away, and will be heavily outnumbered in the vocal stakes, given it’s a white heat local derby

6 Generally it’s never been a happy hunting ground for us

So all the Mixers on here, rubbing their hands together and salivating expecting this to be some kind of easy parade of our premier league pedigree over their championship mediocrity ….. forget it!!!

I’m too long in the tooth and seen too many similar scenarios to know that if we manage to get anything there it will be very hard earned!!

Mark my words!!!
1000% agree

NJ Wolves

Reaction score
Funny how all the people on the tv dont even mention it. Wrexham Blackburn got mentioned as more interesting by the host lol
She seemed half asleep for the whole draw to be fair. Probably doesn't even know where West Brom is.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt it would. It would be Man Utd, Chelsea v Villa and Spurs v Liverpool as the live games. But you’re right about a Sunday lunchtime kick off. West Midlands Police will see to that. If they could they’d have it at 9am Sunday morning

Think the recent Thursday was a one off but these days on TV in the FA Cup you can have a Friday night game, Saturday lunchtime and evening, Sunday lunchtime and evening, Monday evening.

It'd be in the top six for sure.

Having checked, including BBC iPlayer, nine games were broadcast live here in the Third Round.

Either way, TV or not, it'll be midday Sunday.

What a superb draw for the fans. Should give the players and fans a bit more for the replay with that carrot being dangled. Of course, derby games are horrific if you lose, but if you can't have these games now and then, what's the point. Bring it on.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you don’t want a draw like this then what’s the point in supporting a football team?

It’s a chance to get revenge!!

100% this.

As many know, my wife is a Boro fan. For years I suffered when we played them. Then in that final Champ year, Fosun money and Nuno in charge, we played them off the park home and away. I have absolute trust we will destroy WBA if we play them.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Had a text from my ****supporting friend saying for one game only they want wolves to win. Just imagine poorthorns being sold out ( a rare thing) and a fabulous atmosphere or they only get15k against Brentford - surely this is what football is all about us playing our sworn enemy - if we best Brentford and the game goes to replay just imagine what Molineux would be like - absolute carnage

Last edited:

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully not the Monday night, I think Sunday lunch ko

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When you look at their league position, just inside the POs, they will have to question just how strong a side to put out? Promotion or beating Wolves? I expect most Albion fans would take promotion tbh. I know I would.
They could put out their under-18s and they'll still beat us; it's just how it is

The last time I can remember any happiness around this fixture was way back when Iwan Roberts toasted them; I think we actually did the double over them that season. Must be almost 20 years ago now.

Last edited:

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
They could put out there under-18s and they'll still beat us; it's just how it is

The last time I can remember any happiness around this fixture was way back when Iwan Roberts toasted them; I think we actually did the double over them that season. Must be almost 20 years ago now.
Have faith we'll beat them. No fear my friend.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder how many of our usual 11 were even born when we last won there.

I remember Gareth Southgate being asked repeatedly in the build-up to England vs Germany in the EUROs about how much previous failure plays on the mind, if the players are worried, keen to put that right etc.

He was really good in saying the players don't need to worry about the history at all. It wasn't them. As long as they know how much it means to the fans, and they play their game, we'll be fine.

Up the Wolves.

Got to beat ******* Brentford first mind.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They could put out there under-18s and they'll still beat us; it's just how it is

Mate that was 96/97 season going back a bit but **** it we’ve got some serious revenge to dish out

Back
Top Bottom