Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The **** Away

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am trying not to think too much about it because we have to overcome Tuesday first. If we do, then my god, this means so much for me. I am getting old and my health is deterioating, I want to see us win there in modern day especially given the years before us. 2002 (choke year) 2007 (FA Cup, the Southbank) 2007 again (Play-Offs) 2012 (5-1) and then 2021 (Lockdown). On the latter, everyone at some point said they went through mental health issues at some point during COVID/Lockdown. But honestly, for me, it was only that day and the weeks that followed I felt depressed. Just seeing us lose to them after so many years. The look on the face of Nuno and Coady. Knowing we had all waited for that day for so long, but was stuck to watching it on TV with not a soul in the ground. It may sound somewhat dramatic. But that really got to me.

Others my age may be able to relate, but this potentially coming up is more for my son. I am gutted to say I have never even seen my lad witness us score a goal at the Hawthorns. Let alone win a game there. The only time he had chance to see a goal, was when the old bill chucked us off the metro at Wednesbury back when O'Hara scored.

The Albion game is the one for me. I remember when my lad was with the Wolves, they would give each of the boys a chance to be mascot throughout the season. A few right words here and there (and also a tidy little goodwill cash gesture to charities linked to the club) I managed to swing him being the mascot for the Wolves/West Brom game, at Molineux, first home match of either 1994 or 1995 if my memory and sons age is about right. It was an absolutely beaming hot day for anyone that remembers and it ended 1-1.

Reason I mention that is back then as the parent you could be in the tunnel just as your lad (mascot) was going out with the players. I stood there behind the players as they was entering the pitch along with a few other folk, then stood close to the dugouts before being taken up to the Billy Wright lower - and my god, the noise and atmosphere being on the pitch, yards away from the action was like something even to this day, I have never heard in my life. It was a vicious roar of noise. Even just thinking about it now gives me goosebumps. If we get the chance to go there again in a fortnights time, it will feel full circle and hopefully, the result and day we can cherish.

Please, please let us have one more chance while I can still take my lad to that hell hole and see us win and win well. It means so much to me as I know I does many on here. It is the only game I can think of where I am shaking beforehand. If we fail to win next Tuesday, some resentment will set in for a while for this current crop and I really do not want that, as I realise it wouldnt be fair either, but this is an emotional thing. C'mon now the Wolves.
You and l have had our differences but l absolutely love this post. May you get your wish, Sir.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I aplogise but I’m not optimistic if we play the albion, 1st we always lose against them, 2nd no hwang or ait-nouri, two of our best players and 3rd they are on form. Would absolutely love to beat them would mean so much to the fans especially the elder ones.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I aplogise but I’m not optimistic if we play the albion, 1st we always lose against them, 2nd no hwang or ait-nouri, two of our best players and 3rd they are on form. Would absolutely love to beat them would mean so much to the fans especially the elder ones.
We’re in form too.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

There two recent wins have come from a team in freefall and a bunch of part timers it is far different playing a premier league team, without Hwang/Ait Nouri we should have to much for them, they might be in form but we have won 3/4 and battled to a 1-1 despite having 10 men for 80 minutes, we should be confident and things have to change regarding our record at the Hawthornes.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No doubt we will miss Alt Nouri, Hwang and Gomes , massive players for us right now, almost a third of our starting 11 missing

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate west ham with a passion..........to be fair when we visited Orient twice I'm the late 80s ,it was full of west ham .....so to me they are the same ..
Usually with Orient and the surrounding you generally get alot of fans of other clubs who go there, like I'll go to Orient with pals and most of them either follow Arsenal or Spurs.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Usually with Orient and the surrounding you generally get alot of fans of other clubs who go there, like I'll go to Orient with pals and most of them either follow Arsenal or Spurs.
Yeah I nw......just don't like ****neys......Im very much a midland , northerner as such ....with family roots from mining villages up Durham way.....

It's just the way I am....I will sit talking football on holiday etc with most northern football fans but don't like ****neys.. ...got no specific hatred of Orient as such ....Them just ****neys that's all.....they do me nut in...

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I nw......just don't like ****neys......Im very much a midland , northerner as such ....with family roots from mining villages up Durham way.....

It's just the way I am....I will sit talking football on holiday etc with most northern football fans but don't like ****neys.. ...got no specific hatred of Orient as such ....Them just ****neys that's all.....they do me nut in...
All I heard was talk about gravy and whippets, any northern translator around?

Jokes aside, I get you haha, it's honestly a language barrier at times, we've met people abroad from places like Yorkshire and not had a ****ing clue what they were saying.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All I heard was talk about gravy and whippets, any northern translator around?

Jokes aside, I get you haha, it's honestly a language barrier at times, we've met people abroad from places like Yorkshire and not had a ****ing clue what they were saying.
Don't start me on ****neys who support Man Utd though......that's a whole new level.....

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I understand that but round this way we grew up hating the Tesco's , villa have only been classed as a rival probably last 6/7 years before then I remember playing Villa in a pre season friedly
Hating them? Some of my best friends at school and college were Albion fans and yeah there was some ribbing and **** taking and occasionally it might get a little heated, but overall it was good natured and well intended, this carried on at work into my 20s were I met some great Albion fans, I've got relatives who are Albion fans. I've got lot more in common with them than some plastic Mancs or Scousers.

As for the Villa yes that rivalry has grown, as they've been rivals, we've competed against them, in recent years.

If I'm brutally honest, even when we were in division 4 and Albion were in Div 2, I've always thought the Albion were a smaller club than us in terms of history and standing and I've never really thought of them as being that much of a rival other than by geography.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I'm brutally honest, even when we were in division 4 and Albion were in Div 2, I've always thought the Albion were a smaller club than us in terms of history and standing and I've never really thought of them as being that much of a rival other than by geography.
That's quite a burn, sir.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
let's just win the replay first then hand wring as much as you want after that:)

and anyhow we beat them in 83/84 against all odds

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fun fact, never met an albion fan down here.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An ex work colleague of mine is a STH at the Hawthorns. We still keep in touch, more so since the cup draw was made. He is confident that the Albion can beat either Wolves or Brentford, particularly at home. Let’s hope he is wrong.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An ex work colleague of mine is a STH at the Hawthorns. We still keep in touch, more so since the cup draw was made. He is confident that the Albion can beat either Wolves or Brentford, particularly at home. Let’s hope he is wrong.
They do seem a lot stronger at home unfortunately

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope your ex colleague is getting the care he needs in the home

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You and l have had our differences but l absolutely love this post. May you get your wish, Sir.
News to me I must admit, but there you have it :smile:
Opinions are like ********s and I am certainly am one of those!
But we share one thing and that is a love of Wolves and that should be what matters most above all.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously want to beat them at their place, but the ideal for me is to get a draw and have the replay at Molineux

The atmosphere would be unbelieveable
I'm completely the opposite. Those reprobates love reminding us it's being a stupid amount of years since we have won at that **** hole. We can put an end to that once and for all.

Can't help but continue to think about this game, with that in mind and GON interview earlier, this is the team I have in mind

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Lemina Doyle Bueno
Sarabia Cunha Neto​

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm completely the opposite. Those reprobates love reminding us it's being a stupid amount of years since we have won at that **** hole. We can put an end to that once and for all.

Can't help but continue to think about this game, with that in mind and GON interview earlier, this is the team I have in mind

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Lemina Doyle Bueno
Sarabia Cunha Neto​

Yeah, you’re right. WTF am I on about…..let’s smash them!

Wanderer Til I Die

Reaction score
They're quite taken with us aren't they? Yet they don't care about us at the same time. How very confusing for them.
All depends on how we're doing, if we are struggling or get relegated we will never hear the end of it from them, yet when we are successful and are doing well they always come out with the "but villa are our real rivals" :tearsofjoy:

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** me my nerves can’t take it already!! Hope Cunha is ok, be typical of their luck if we have another striker out!
Already ridiculous luck for them that Hwang, RAN and Gomes won't be available. No doubt that that Aussie ref will be picked and Lemina will be dismissed in the tunnel for strolling out of the dressing room in an aggressive manner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom