Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Thank You Paul Lambert

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, how are some of you going to cope if we actually appoint a good manager and he leaves? :D

Much better than I will if he leaves and we appoint an awful manager like Zenga or an average manager like Lambert to replace him. FOSUN's track record to date makes me feel one of these two options seems more likely. Fingers crossed for third time lucky. Which is a great way to be in business!

D

Deleted member 3751

Good old Bully. Just read his article and couldnt agree more. Give Lambert a bit of time and new players give the club a bit of stability for once. Sadly this aint gona happen though so we will never know what would of happened under a team that Lambert built.
Good luck to the new fella whoever it is you are going to need it and hit the ground running because if you dont you too will be out by Xmas......next!!

Are you a bit picky about what you put on here? How about sharing Steve Bull's view that the one player he really didn't want to leave in January was Joao Teixeira (who you've repeatedly said Lambert was 100% correct to bomb out)

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/1...-one-wolverhampton-wanderers-player-he-reall/

M

merseawolf

Are you a bit picky about what you put on here? How about sharing Steve Bull's view that the one player he really didn't want to leave in January was Joao Teixeira (who you've repeatedly said Lambert was 100% correct to bomb out)

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/1...-one-wolverhampton-wanderers-player-he-reall/
Tex is obviously a highly technical player who has skill in abundance and it was a shame he never got much chance to show it during a 6 month battle against relegation where Lambert correctly identified that more battle hardened grafters were needed considering the position we were in. I agree with Bully again in that article it was a big shame Tex was bombed out but ultimatly it was the right thing to do.
I respect a legend of the clubs opinion who knows the club inside out over most on here.

W

wolfofwolvesstreet

Fosun are really just not accepting mediocrity.

It's no more personal than Lambert shipping off Teixiera who left Portugal to be here, because he didn't think he was good enough. Or Prince Oniangue (without seeing him play I believe) who had come here from French side Reims, only to ship him off back to France and a different team. Presumably because he didn't think good enough. Or Ola John. Or telling Price he can go if offer is right. Or signing up EEL so we can milk some value out of him when we sell. And so on.

I don't think it's great how Fosun are handling it, and Jeff's contradictory comments recently suggest he's either not in charge really or happy to provide 'alternative facts'.

But it's football. Lambert has dished it out himself and he's a big boy and can take it in return. His pay off alone will be worth more than the wealth probably by 90 percent of Wolves fans accumulated in their lifetime, for doing a pretty average job at best so don't feel too bad for him.

T

TacticalWolf88

"I have to admit I would be disappointed to see Teixeira leave. For me, he is a class player. He’s so tricky and skilful and I think him on one wing and Costa on the other would cause any team problems."

Thank you Steve my thoughts exactly. Saville left wing... Wonder what some watch at times

but ultimatly it was the right thing to do.

We can never know and please don't say Forest..

F

FLEET WOLF

Good old Bully. Just read his article and couldnt agree more. Give Lambert a bit of time and new players give the club a bit of stability for once. Sadly this aint gona happen though so we will never know what would of happened under a team that Lambert built.
Good luck to the new fella whoever it is you are going to need it and hit the ground running because if you dont you too will be out by Xmas......next!!
Yes indeed, well said. We can't carry on the way we are at present. Presumably Fosun must know what they are doing with their main businesses, but they haven't really got a clue as far as Wolves are concerned!!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ta for being a decent manager, let's have a **** fest over a bunch of middling Portuguese. We're a joke, careful what you wish for.

We finished 15th, you would think we are losing a top manager judging by some of these posts.

If and when he goes, he should be thanked for his effort but the football was terribly dull and the results mediocre at best. Time to move on.........

D

Deleted member 3751

Tex is obviously a highly technical player who has skill in abundance and it was a shame he never got much chance to show it during a 6 month battle against relegation where Lambert correctly identified that more battle hardened grafters were needed considering the position we were in. I agree with Bully again in that article it was a big shame Tex was bombed out but ultimatly it was the right thing to do.
I respect a legend of the clubs opinion who knows the club inside out over most on here.

If you looked at our home games since January you wouldn't say it was the right thing to do, Teixeira was exactly the kind of player we needed to unlock a defence. Lambert couldn't see this and being the one person who knew how we were going to set up for games, he should've known we would need someone who can play the #10 role.

Forget Forest, we knew how good he could be, and had Lambert been a little more adventurous and kept hold of a player like Tex who could excite the crowd and open a packed defence, maybe we wouldn't be talking about Lambert's departure now

M

merseawolf

Derb
If you looked at our home games since January you wouldn't say it was the right thing to do, Teixeira was exactly the kind of player we needed to unlock a defence. Lambert couldn't see this and being the one person who knew how we were going to set up for games, he should've known we would need someone who can play the #10 role.

Forget Forest, we knew how good he could be, and had Lambert been a little more adventurous and kept hold of a player like Tex who could excite the crowd and open a packed defence, maybe we wouldn't be talking about Lambert's departure now
Derby at home? No effort no heart no running no sweat rightly hooked off

M

merseawolf

Probably why Lambert went out and got Weimann and Marshall in. Plenty of skill but prepared to roll their sleeves up and run around a bit too.

Dans la Lune

Reaction score
I for one will shed few tears if, as seems likely, Paul Lambert's tenure at Wolves grinds it way towards the end.

You have to view the current situation in isolation from what preceded it. Forget the bizarre experiment that was Wenger, the winding down in investment as the Morgan era came to an end, and the steady unravelling of the McCarthy and Jacket regimes.

For me, he's had more than a reasonable opportunity to demonstrate his capability to manage the team in a manner that we, as the paying public, might expect. He's failed.

Some of the home performances this season have been amongst the worst we've witnessed in recent memory. Sitting in the stands and feeling that the tactics have been awful, wishing the final whistle would come more quickly, and just disparing at the frequent inability of our players to even do the most simple of things, such as pass the ball or clear their lines, has been depressing.

For the longest time we have seen all manner of opposition teams arrive at Molineux and out play us with simple organised, structured team play. So called little clubs, out think us, hustle us and simply control the tempo. It's a bitter reminder of the failings of many managers and players going back several years.

Lambert is representative of a style of management and the type of manager that, for all the talk of Germanic influences and new training methods, is still firmly rooted in the old orthodoxy.

It's a mystery to me that our manager has been unable to impress upon our team the importance in the modern game of passing into space ahead of the opposition, running off the ball in support of your team mates, heading the ball anywhere other than blindly up the pitch or directly to the other team, or crossing the ball at set-pieces to anyone other than the goalkeeper (that is, if we even manage to clear the first defender). These things are fundamental and, despite the players' insufficencies, are points that any competent manager should have sorted out, even over the course of just six months.

All this talk of managers who know the division and how to get out of it is a red herring. The right man for the job should be capable of identifying and rectifying these flaws regardless of nationality, experience in the Championship or time spent managing in England.

We need to escape this myth that the best man for the job can only come from a small selection of British managers who journey around the fringes of the Premier League between stints on Sky Sports panels in their incestuous little circles.

Lambert has failed to adapt, or to compensate for our deficiencies, or to recruit effectively. We all know that the squad needs a severe cull, perhaps more so than at any other time in last several decades. I can't see that the type of player that he would favour represents the kind of radical overhaul required. We need to embrace a new approach and, like it or not, access to a large pool of continental talent, allied to a more dynamic new-wave manager has to be a more appealing option than the status quo.

The right players are out there somewhere, it's just unlikely that they will come from the list of usual suspects or the commonly bandied about names. If they're good enough, then any manager truly worth his salt will be able to mould them into a proper team, regardless of their background or lack of experience in this hellish division.

Just who that manager may prove to be is anyone's (and seemingly everyone's) guess, but you can add my name to the petition to remove Thelwell who, it appears, may be just as much a part of the problem as Lambert...

W

WolfOfWellington

Must have watched a different match then.

And those 24 shots (just checked the stats) can't have all come in ten minutes. Think the 57% possession away from home is pretty decent too.

OK maybe a slight exaggeration earlier. I concede that we can add Brentford to the list (it was 35 mins of good Wolves football) with the intro of Cav at 61 minutes , it may have actually have been PL's pivotal moment in the get out of the poo run. If we add maybe one other wildcard game as good managerial outings for PL, then I'll give him 7 decent outings from 34.

Thank you Paul Lambert for being decent 21% of the time.

codsallwolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah the fans in one of the most deprived cities in the UK will buy out owners that broke our transfer record twice in their first season.

All I can see is they aren't accepting mediocrity, and that's fine with me.

Great to see the ironry of my comment didn't pass you by.... and thanks for pointing it out to those it was wasted on...

Fosun OWN the club we need to start buying onto THIER vision and removing the obsticals in the way... starting with Lambert and Thelwell...

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you Paul, i really respect you , although i've never liked you and haven't even gone yet.

E

Essex Wolf

I've kept an eye on this thread a few days now. Started 4 days ago as if it was a guarantee Lambert was gone here we are now none the wiser, Lambert still in post, a TV interview held which told us virtually sweet FA and still no publicly clear decisions made by any of the parties involved.

As it stands right now Lambert is still employed by Wolves/FOSUN and until such time as it's officially reported otherwise it's all assumption and guesswork about his future. All I would say is that if he stays then irrespective of individual views and like it or not we need to get behind him and the team because to not do so won't really do any good at all. That said with all that has been said and with feelings as they are I feel Lambert's position is untenable anyway because unless he is a success, the players signed top quality and Wolves sitting in the promotion zone he will be castigathed.

It's unfair IMHO on all concerned with the club, although there is chance Lambert is fully aware of what's going on, and it's only us supporters being treated like mushrooms but a decision needs making and soon. The longer this whole sad and sorry issue drags on it just makes Wolves as a club look worse and worse with each passing day. Only speaking with my ITFC supporting mate earlier this morning when he made comment about things at Wolves looking a real mess again. Now I know he only talks about Wolves because of my connection with them as he has no other reason to but if has noticed things and makes comment I imagine others may think and feel likewise?

Back
Top Bottom