Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Testimonial / Charity match

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever occured yesterday I have absolute untainted respect for Moutinho and Raul. If their departure is confirmed the club need to do something and a testimonial for them is appropriate for these legends nearing the end of their Wolves careers.
How about a Nuno led Portugal Wolves vs Jlo's The rest of the world 11.
It would be great to see a few old faces like Doherty, Jota, Coady, Saiss gracing Molineux again. Over to you Jeff.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It's normally at least a decade for a testimonial but think those are more from the time when they served as a bit of golden handshake. They were of course an acknowledgment and a thank you, but also for raising money for a player's retirement to help them with the transition into 'real life.' No Premier League footballer needs financial support these days and if there are testimonials it normally goes to charity.

In any case, testimonials for Moutinho and Raul at this stage would be a bit awkward and unwarranted. Love the guy but just 10 mins for Raul would have been fine yesterday. Moutinho has been great for us and not losing any love for him as a player, but if he didn't want to play yesterday in the last home game as a Wolves player and wasn't bothered about a lap of honour and a goodbye, I can't see him wanting a testimonial.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho & Raul testimonial fair enough or just do charity game with them Moxey in goal again

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Testimonial? That's a bit much isn't it. They have contributed alot to Wolves over the last 5 years especially under Nuno. I think you have your rose tinted glasses on if you think they "Deserve" Testimonials.

This Raul, Moutinho, Jonny love in is getting silly now. Players come and go. Will they be remembered of fondly for what they achieved of course they will but come on.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps give them the keys to the city whilst we are at it. Some have gone puddled on here. They have not been here for 10 years, have been very well paid, don't meet the criteria for me.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever occured yesterday I have absolute untainted respect for Moutinho and Raul. If their departure is confirmed the club need to do something and a testimonial for them is appropriate for these legends nearing the end of their Wolves careers.
It would be great to see a few old faces like Doherty, Jota, Coady, Saiss gracing Molineux again. Over to you Jeff.

Why would you think they need a testimonial? Testimonials were to raise money for loyal old footballers who had no money or other skills to see them through the next 50 years of life...so it would raise a few grand to buy a little house, or invest in a pub.
This lot are on 5 million a year, why the hell do they need a testimonial...they should be giving you a testimonial?

Why not just write them both a nice letter saying how much you appreciated their efforts?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was and still am very disappointed with the shameful way Raul was treated yesterday, but a testimonial isn't the way to go here. What happens when we have the next wave of great players, do they get testimonials if their last game doesn't go to plan?

Darren Anderton hasn't had a Spurs testimonial, and he did spend over ten years there. Clubs aren't really ***** with them any more, and neither are the players.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe a testimonial to financially beneft them is the wrong idea in this age but I think a celebration of their service and to be honest Nunos is due.
I'm amazed that some are so easily turned by the events of one game where we don't even know the facts. I wouldn't want some of you turncoats as my friends for sure.

NorthWolf

Reaction score
Moutinho & Raul testimonial fair enough or just do charity game with them Moxey in goal again
J4SGJHCDF5FN3OKVPS3ID6QQVQ.jpg

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For Christ sake….

We’ve paid Moutinho over 20 million pounds since he’s been here. To be brutally honest he hasn’t contributed a huge amount for the last 3 years, and didn’t fancy turning up on Saturday. Fair enough and up to him, but let’s not overdo the **** kissing.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm amazed that some are so easily turned by the events of one game where we don't even know the facts. I wouldn't want some of you turncoats as my friends for sure.

Nuno, the Nuno who's cleaned up about 20 million in the last 6 years and is currently living a life draped in the gold and oil of Saudi?
This is a wind up right? It seems you're the one who has been easily turned by one game, not anybody who is looking at the bigger picture here.
Go and give some money to a foodbank in the name of Raul Jimenez, it will be valued far more by somebody.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno, the Nuno who's cleaned up about 20 million in the last 6 years and is currently living a life draped in the gold and oil of Saudi?
This is a wind up right? It seems you're the one who has been easily turned by one game, not anybody who is looking at the bigger picture here.
Go and give some money to a foodbank in the name of Raul Jimenez, it will be valued far more by somebody.
Like I say its not about the money. Seems I'm a sentimental fool, and im happy with that.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How to admit that you struggle to let go of the past without actually admitting it!!

Just let it go and let Lopetegui focus on a much needed revamp

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How to admit that you struggle to let go of the past without actually admitting it!!

Just let it go and let Lopetegui focus on a much needed revamp
You can celebrate the past and build the future at the same time.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think any fan base in history has hung on to the glory of finishing 7th in the way some of our supporters have.

It was a great achievement, but **** me, in the last decade Everton, Burnley, Southampton, Leicester and West Ham have all done it or better and Brighton will finish 6th this season.

Move on ffs.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No.
What has happened under Lepotegui that someone with the respect Moutinho has has ended his time with us in this manner? Maybe it's false rumours but something just isn't right. Similar with Raul, though JL has acknowledged he made a mistake there.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He couldn't even be ***** to come to Molineux to do a lap of appreciation for fans support over the years.

He's dead to me.
We don‘t know why he didn’t come……hard to judge without the facts.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ridiculous suggestion and will never happen while these players are still playing the game. Their new clubs and certainly insurances would never allow it. Imagine one of them getting a serious/career ending injury in an exhibition match!!
Perhaps when they finish playing and have retired from professional football, a charity match (with proceeds to the needy and not over-paid footballers), might happen.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Testimonials were granted for players after 10 years of service because the clubs used to pay their players a shilling a day and a horse **** sandwich.

They weren’t granted to millionaire footballers.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How to be happy if you are a Wolves fan:
1) Stop worrying about Raul's send-off
2) Stop worrying about what happened with Moutinho
3) Stop worrying about Pedro Neto wandering down Waterloo Road at 2:20
4) Start looking forward to next season under a manager who a) saved us from relegation b) got players who were blowing out of their **** after 60 minutes fit again and c) knows a bit more about football than you do

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How to be happy if you are a Wolves fan:
1) Stop worrying about Raul's send-off
2) Stop worrying about what happened with Moutinho
3) Stop worrying about Pedro Neto wandering down Waterloo Road at 2:20
4) Start looking forward to next season under a manager who a) saved us from relegation b) got players who were blowing out of their **** after 60 minutes fit again and c) knows a bit more about football than you do

I'm sure when we're competing at the right end of the table next season, no one will worry about any of these things!

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think any fan base in history has hung on to the glory of finishing 7th in the way some of our supporters have.

It was a great achievement, but **** me, in the last decade Everton, Burnley, Southampton, Leicester and West Ham have all done it or better and Brighton will finish 6th this season.

Move on ffs.

Indeed..... almost as cringeworthy as the limited edition DVD's of when we beat Man Utd at the Mol .

We've had so little success in most of our lifetimes that theres alot of Wolves fans out there happy to celebrate mediocrity.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing for me is,will they worry about wolves when they leave .Will they ****.Apart from Ruben he might keep his word that he will follow us from afar.That’s alright with me as long as it’s abroad,and not uk based.Same with Jota when he came back with Liverpool.I never boo’d him and I never applauded him. support the players we have not what others have.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the greatest of respect and I mean that……………give your head a wobble….please

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would you think they need a testimonial? Testimonials were to raise money for loyal old footballers who had no money or other skills to see them through the next 50 years of life...so it would raise a few grand to buy a little house, or invest in a pub.
This lot are on 5 million a year, why the hell do they need a testimonial...they should be giving you a testimonial?

Why not just write them both a nice letter saying how much you appreciated their efforts?
To be honest testimonials, other than for charity, should probably be done away with above L1 level (or lower). The days of them being a loyalty reward for fixed wage footballers are long since over.

Back
Top Bottom