Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Television Coverage And The New Season

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if a similar deal will be struck for live coverage of games as happened for the re-start fixtures?

Certainly can't see grounds packed with fans in the immediate future.

North Bank

Reaction score
Following the restart proved how easy it is for TV companies to broadcast every game. It would be stupid for them not to do the same until at least some fans can attend. Once fans are allowed back I can see it going back to normal.

For them it’s all about the money. More games shown = more subscriptions

For fans it’s all about watching the games

Everyone’s a winner

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Clubs will try and get their own subscription packages in order to regather some lost revenue

tv package won’t exactly be the same this time round who’s exactly going to watch burnley v palace at start of season, least with the run in games mattered

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the UK wide 3pm ko will be back to zero coverage, at least to start with anyway.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've already said this won't be happening.
Streaming for individual clubs is not available because of the TV deal so it will be illegal viewing only for the majority of games

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some proposals by clubs to stream games were blocked by the UK rights holders as you would expect. There will supposedly be 20 more games offered for broadcast on TV though.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess we know Wolves games will be available to watch one way or another.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Would have thought that some package could be sorted by the club so that STH's get guaranteed access and members get a PPV option if the game is not being Broadcast.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some proposals by clubs to stream games were blocked by the UK rights holders as you would expect. There will supposedly be 20 more games offered for broadcast on TV though.

Sky have confirmed they have an added 12 fixtures, with BT getting 6 more and Amazon Prime Video the other 2.

Amazon's December games this season, will be the game week's when we play Chelsea at Molineux and Manchester United at Old Trafford

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What is the logical reason for not showing all games?

More money for Sky,BT and Amazon and naturally the teams.

Teams can't moan that fans will stay at home because they are anyway. What really is the issue?

I can only assume they simply want to focus on showing big 6 games ensuring max exposure and revenues for them?

What other reason is there?

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So there could be a large number of games early in the season no one in the UK sees legally!

If a tree falls and no one is there to hear it does it make a noise.

606 et al should be interesting.

"Hi I am calling and about Palace vs Saints"- "Yes what have you to say"- "Err what happened?"

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Those 2 added game weeks being fully shown, will be January 12th (Everton at Home) and January 16th (Tesco at Home!)

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They would have to work to show all games. Its not like there arent alternative ways for us to see the games

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit ridiculous in today’s technology , that within this Pandemic period , clubs can’t show their fans games - most Fans of which have attended games most weekends of their lives

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crazy that they’re effectively pushing people to illegal streams. I’d happily pay for a service that shows either all Wolves or all PL games at a reasonable price.

The NRL’s streaming service shows every game for either £130 per year or £25 per month plus the Fox Rugby League channel, so all the various shows. That’s well worth the money.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It is ridiculous, Sky can cover 5 games simultaneously on Sat 3pm no problem. They might even not have enough expert summarisers which would be another bonus. They don't lose out, probably gain some subscribers, clubs don't lose out, maybe they can get a cut of any new subscribers. With no chance to attend and no way to watch legally I can't see how anyone can blame people for finding alternative arrangements.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
think the prem are worried that individual clubs (the sky 6) want to to do their own deals to live stream.they have now took a bigger slice of the overseas money.manure would get more money on their own than from the prem.

Dazzling Dave

Reaction score
I wonder if a similar deal will be struck for live coverage of games as happened for the re-start fixtures?

Certainly can't see grounds packed with fans in the immediate future.
Saw on the news today that they are not planning on doing what they did at the end of last season, which is really annoying, I hope this changes

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is ridiculous, Sky can cover 5 games simultaneously on Sat 3pm no problem. They might even not have enough expert summarisers which would be another bonus. They don't lose out, probably gain some subscribers, clubs don't lose out, maybe they can get a cut of any new subscribers. With no chance to attend and no way to watch legally I can't see how anyone can blame people for finding alternative arrangements.

In theory clubs do lose out as at the moment they’ve got Sky paying a ridiculous amount per game they show. If they let them show more games for the same money they’re in theory weakening the value of their product.

North Bank

Reaction score
Every game is already filmed by Sky anyway, they show full replays every Saturday night during the season. So it's not like it's any extra work for them, apart from getting a broadcasting/studio crew. Which is probably set up for the whole season in most stadiums anyway. It must be, as all things are these days, a money issue.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every game is already filmed by Sky anyway, they show full replays every Saturday night during the season. So it's not like it's any extra work for them, apart from getting a broadcasting/studio crew. Which is probably set up for the whole season in most stadiums anyway. It must be, as all things are these days, a money issue.

Reports suggest clubs wanted extra

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
220 live games will be shown all season. 25 utd,25 city,25liverpool,,same with spur,Chelsea and Arsenal.
Unless your playing one of the “top6” you’ll get maybe 5 games all season.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NBC Gold/Peacock show every game streamed for something ridiculous like $60 a season.
Same with DAZN and Supersports in Africa.

It's a Premier League productions product worldwide, they could easily have offered this.
With no legal alternative there will be some interesting developments if people go this way, which they will

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I just don't see this sticking. If nothing else the broadcasters are going to work out that the poor saps like me that actually pay for the 'product' are going to be forced into the arms of the illegal streamers and wonder why they bothered paying.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don't see this sticking. If nothing else the broadcasters are going to work out that the poor saps like me that actually pay for the 'product' are going to be forced into the arms of the illegal streamers and wonder why they bothered paying.
Exactly. And when you find a good iptv supplier you will really start to wonder why you’ve been paying through the nose for so long.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly. And when you find a good iptv supplier you will really start to wonder why you’ve been paying through the nose for so long.
Hear hear, scrapped my subscription to Sky last autumn, after trialling another service and never looked back!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if DAZN or Amazon are elbowing their way into any negotiations with the PL. From what I read on the Mix, you fans don’t seem to be served well by the old suppliers.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
220 live games will be shown all season. 25 utd,25 city,25liverpool,,same with spur,Chelsea and Arsenal.
Unless your playing one of the “top6” you’ll get maybe 5 games all season.

We had games vs Everton, Aston Villa (twice), Brighton, Leicester, Watford and West Ham (twice) selected for TV coverage, even before lockdown meant every match was shown though.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm with you on this. I'm gonna be streaming as much as possible. Ridiculous that there can be no legal way for someone from Wolverhampton to watch a game that is still broadcast around the world.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the UK wide 3pm ko will be back to zero coverage, at least to start with anyway.
Agreed but how silly when two thirds of a top stadium will be empty. All top stadiums will be oversubscribed. I suppose they are protecting the non league clubs . But I would expect them to see a rise in attendances.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose they are protecting the non league clubs . But I would expect them to see a rise in attendances.

They would be far better off these days making non-league matches KO at 1pm, then enticing fans into the clubhouse to watch the prem games at 3pm. More people might want to go and watch them then.
The days of saying "but we can't do things" are long gone, technology and the world have both changed.

Back
Top Bottom