Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Teams Who Can’t Catch Us 23/24

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s nearly time for everyone’s favourite end-of-season thread.
Following tonight’s surrender by the Blades, we are 25 points clear of the bottom 2, with 11 games to play, so not long to go before we can start to chalk them off.
This thread could get messy if Everton & Forest get points deducted, then win an appeal, but it’ll all add to the fun in a tension-free end to the league campaign.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs 3 results to go our way. Earliest possible date is 16 March 5pm. More likely 30 March.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its highly unlikely anyone below Palace will catch us,but im a traditionalist
We havent got 40 points yet,once we are over that mark im happy,hopefully we get 50 points and mid table, but lets get the points on the board first

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep just a few defeats for Luton in their last 12 games and that'll be safety confirmed (not that im worried!)

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember lots of Burnley and Sheff Utd fans in the summer stating they’d each only need to finish above one other team as Luton and Wolves were nailed on.
Ha, I've got to try and find some links to that!

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha, I've got to try and find some links to that!
I've just found this from a Burnley forum in August, crying :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: :

"I don’t care what any of the predictions say tbh. I reckon we will finish in the top half. I think many of the teams are overrated such as Brentford, Fulham and even Brighton may not be as good as last season. There is nothing to fear from the bottom half teams from last season or the 2 other newcomers. 11/2 for a top half finish is a great price and 50/1 for top six is also a great price for a small punt. Kompany is clearly a winner and I don’t see us losing too often again."

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burnley and Sheffield United are as good as relegated. Whatever happens with the points situation might keep Luton up. Everton and Forest still await their fate.

Luton have palace and the cherries away two hard games. Forest at home before the two north London clubs. Everton only need to win 2/3 games it might be enough. As for forest they have winnable games Luton away Palace home, Wolves home, sheff and burnley away again probably get away with winning 3 of them and stay up. You’d have to really hope Luton pick up some form in the next few games if not. Looks like their fate could be sealed. Luton do have a game in hand. Would us and Brentford roll over for them to make things interesting? Probably might happen.

You’d have to say taking 10 points off forest and Everton might still have enough room to escape. More so by default on how bad Burnley and Sheffield United are.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How are Burnley only 1/25? They are just as awful as Sheffield Utd?

The incredible Sky / BBC love in with Kompany is up there with the standard media coverage of two teams from the North West that wear read ! The man's after match interviews of how Burnley performed makes me think Bruno Lage maybe was not totally deluded !!! Then his pals in the various TV studios let him away with it. Joey Barton will hate it, but Karen Carney was spot on, as right from pre-seeason she said Burnley wear the emperor's new clothes and would get found out !!!!

While Saint Vinny gets praised to the heavens by the media, if you go on the BBC Football Burnley page there is nowhere near that level of Kompany canoodling by the rank and file fans. " Burnley fans are totally disengaged from the manager and the team " / " Woeful, worst top flight Burnley side in my 60 years " / " Cannot defend, pass, get in the box or keep possession " and " Woeful, How did Kompany achieve this ? He binned a Championship winning side, spent £105m, assembling a side that pass the ball aimlessly , give it away cheaply and cannot even do the basics like defend a corner right ! "

Be interesting to see what that Burnley soothsayer @Zico quotes in #19 now has to say !

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this type of thread had some credibility last season where we were in some serious threat of relegation. It has no relevance whatsoever when we are on the fringes of Europe. I think we should start another thread 'Teams who we can still catch'!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this type of thread had some credibility last season where we were in some serious threat of relegation. It has no relevance whatsoever when we are on the fringes of Europe. I think we should start another thread 'Teams who we can still catch'!
Love the optimism. I think if we lose Saturday we will accept the cup priority mindset. We need our best players fit. Without them we are just going through the motions really.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
post.png

Burnley fans every time someone says Sheffield United are the worst team ever and then they look at the league table.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love the optimism. I think if we lose Saturday we will accept the cup priority mindset. We need our best players fit. Without them we are just going through the motions really.
When you look at the Cup potential S-Finalists (I'd say Chelsea, City and Liverpool) compared with the Prem run in I'd say both look equally daunting imo, esp with Cunha and Hwang's injuries. In the Cup if we draw either City or Liverpool I think they will be too strong for us but in the league if we write off the City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Villa games then we do have a chance in the other 6 imo. As for teams that can't catch us I couldn't give a ****. I'm looking up not down!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you look at the Cup potential S-Finalists (I'd say Chelsea, City and Liverpool) compared with the Prem run in I'd say both look equally daunting imo, esp with Cunha and Hwang's injuries. In the Cup if we draw either City or Liverpool I think they will be too strong for us but in the league if we write off the City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Villa games then we do have a chance in the other 6 imo. As for teams that can't catch us I couldn't give a ****. I'm looking up not down!
If we get top 10 il be amazed honestly you can see how many of our players are running on fumes. As for the cup one off match we can beat anybody on our day. City Liverpool any of them. I can see us finishing 11th maybe especially if we beat coventry fans will be geared towards cup fever

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even wolves being wolves won’t be bottom 3
We would have to have an almighty choke which would make 01/02 look like a minor blip as well as lots of other results going against us. I can't see that.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably people thinking like Macman that if Burnley beat Sheff Utd then points deductions might do for Forest and Everton.
Although that might happen I do not like that myself. Once the season has started the playing field rules should not change during that season. Teams should know what they have to do to gain a particular place in the table.
Punish them by all means but next season.

Back
Top Bottom