Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Teams v Brentford & Spurs Double Header

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As the Brentford team is (probably) going to be the same for most people I thought it more relevant to do a combo with the Spurs game in midweek with the changes likely(?) to come... would you keep a winning team and then play those other players against Spurs, or should we make changes in order to be able to go strong in a tough cup game, in a competition we could do really well in for a change... or all stuff and nonsense and they can play in both no problem

As Spurs will almost certainly make changes, and we're at home, I'm expecting Bruno to go as it v Brrentford, and most others get a chance v Spurs... and with our bench getting stronger that changed team is looking like a team that could do the job to me... Coady and Neves to play both games and take Neves off for Cundle if we're in control

Team v Brentford on Saturday

Sa
Kilman - Coady - Saiss
Semedo - Neves - Moutinho - Marcal
Traore - Jimenez - Trincao
Team v Spurs on Wednesday
Ruddy
Mosquera - Coady - Boly
Hoever - Neves - Dendoncker - Ait-Nouri
Podence - Fabio Silva - Hwang
Plus Cundle at least added to the bench v Spurs

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As the Brentford team is (probably) going to be the same for most people I thought it more relevant to do a combo with the Spurs game in midweek with the changes likely(?) to come... would you keep a winning team and then play those other players against Spurs, or should we make changes in order to be able to go strong in a tough cup game, in a competition we could do really well in for a change... or all stuff and nonsense and they can play in both no problem

As Spurs will almost certainly make changes, and we're at home, I'm expecting Bruno to go as it v Brrentford, and most others get a chance v Spurs... and with our bench getting stronger that changed team is looking like a team that could do the job to me... Coady and Neves to play both games and take Neves off for Cundle if we're in control

Sa
Kilman - Coady - Saiss
Ruddy
Mosquera - Coady - Boly
Exactly that...

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Sa
Kilman - Coady - Saiss
Ruddy
Mosquera - Coady - Boly
Reckon that works pretty well. Interested me that Mouts played at Forest, so maybe him rather than Neves, but I prefer the Neves-Donck combo. Strong second string, get your tickets quick!

geowolf

Reaction score

Sa
Kilman - Coady - Saiss
Ruddy
Mosquera - Coady - Boly
Agree with Brentford. Saiss for Neves in the Spurs match to get him used to the CM role again. Wow 9 changes and still a very strong looking team. So much for the paper thin squad.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thinkk Lage will play almost full strength vs spurs.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be happy with both of those.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah go full strength against spurs especially if we beat brentford. Keep the momentum going and the confidence high.
Totally disagree... Some of the players on the bench need a game... Boly donk podence rayan hoever yerson etc.... Its better for the squad dynamics going forward....we will need our squad going forward, so it's better to involve them and get match fitness...

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Totally disagree... Some of the players on the bench need a game... Boly donk podence rayan hoever yerson etc.... Its better for the squad dynamics going forward....we will need our squad going forward, so it's better to involve them and get match fitness...
With respect I'd sooner win this tie than go out because were giving some bench players some playing time. We may get an easier game in the next round to give said players a chance to impress.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With respect I'd sooner win this tie than go out because were giving some bench players some playing time. We may get an easier game in the next round to give said players a chance to impress.
I don't see podence, boly, donk, hwang, rayan etc as just bench players.. I see them competing with players in the first 11... They just need a chance to show it... They need to be involved.... Everybody moans about not having a squad and then wants the same players playing....

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
... and then someone gets injured and we have to bring in someone with no recent serious playing time... The Carabao Cup is about as important as an EastEnders re-run.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the spurs team looks strong can't see much difference to that ran will play as Will hwang expect traore off the bench

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Sa
Kilman - Coady - Saiss
Ruddy
Mosquera - Coady - Boly
Looks about right to me

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wolves fans: We really need to take the cups seriously

Also Wolves fans: Play the reserves in a cup game
In a good position that there is not a massive difference between the bench and the starters currently. I also think it’s important to give the players like boly and donk time on the pitch to keep morale up and keep them sharp for when they’re needed.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Kilman - Coady - Saiss
Ruddy
Mosquera - Coady - Boly
That’s it for me no chance the team for Brentford changes and rightly so.

The Spurs game the likes of Boly, Ruddy, Pod, Donk, Ait Nouri Fabio in particular have to get some minutes.

I would be happy with the 2 sides you’ve named.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Brentford

Sa
Kilman, Coady, Saiss
Semedo, Neves, Moutinho, Marcal
Trincao, Raul, Adama

Spurs

Ruddy
Mosquera, Coady, Boly
Hoever, Dendoncker, Saiss, RAN
Podence, Fabio, Hwang

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hmmm...
I'd probably go against the prevailing view here and start Hwang against Brentford. I was really impressed by his energy vs Watford and think he may well do better against Brentford than Raul.
And I'd go strong against Spurs as I desperately, desperately want a good cup run. Plus following Levy's antics over the Adama transfer I now despise Spurs, so I want to batter the pricks.

BroctonWolf87

Reaction score
From experience with Nuno in the League cup. Nuno will definitely put a mixture of Spurs kids and second string out against us. So hoping for a win!!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As has been said, not a vast difference in the teams at the moment
Its not like last season where we had to play 3/4 u23s and more on the bench,can easily give a few "first teamers" half an hour if needs be

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, and several of those players are "First team", too, just returning from injury, or kept out by good form of the current 11. Boly, Donk, Podence, Hwang, all top players that really need game time. And good enough to beat Spurs. :)

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm...
I'd probably go against the prevailing view here and start Hwang against Brentford. I was really impressed by his energy vs Watford and think he may well do better against Brentford than Raul.
And I'd go strong against Spurs as I desperately, desperately want a good cup run. Plus following Levy's antics over the Adama transfer I now despise Spurs, so I want to batter the pricks.
Levy appeared to be saying l'll pay a £5 million loan fee and then next July, when his value has dropped appreciably due to his contract running down, I'll make you a derisory offer. Either way I win. ********.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Kilman - Coady - Saiss
Ruddy
Mosquera - Coady - Boly
Agree with this - also shows why we were trying to sign a CB and CM in last throes of window (not a grump more a positive when you look at this).

For what it is worth I actually could see our strongest team at the end of the season being a mix of both teams.

For info the team we played vs Villa in the Cup in October ‘19 was….the above feels a lot stronger to me.

21 Ruddy
4 Vallejo
5 Bennett
49 Kilman
23 Sanderson
6 Jordao Substituted for Taylor at 71'minutes
26 Perry
29 Vinagre
77 Campbell Substituted forAshley-Sealat 68'minutes
10 Cutrone
7 Neto Substituted forCristóvãoat 77'minutes

Substitutes​

11Rui Patrício
39Taylor
56Ashley-Seal
58Samuels
59Buur
66Cristóvão
  • 76Richards

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Kilman - Coady - Saiss
Ruddy
Mosquera - Coady - Boly
That's just what the opposition will expect us to do ! Reverse it, beat Brentford anyway and win the Caribao Cup.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's just what the opposition will expect us to do ! Reverse it, beat Brentford anyway and win the Caribao Cup.
Ah... take 'em by surpise eh. Like it

But what about the old double bluff... they may be expecting us to switch it so let's switch it back and go with what they were originally expecting us to do

They won't see it coming!

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with this - also shows why we were trying to sign a CB and CM in last throes of window (not a grump more a positive when you look at this).

For what it is worth I actually could see our strongest team at the end of the season being a mix of both teams.

For info the team we played vs Villa in the Cup in October ‘19 was….the above feels a lot stronger to me.

21 Ruddy
4 Vallejo
5 Bennett
49 Kilman
23 Sanderson
6 Jordao Substituted for Taylor at 71'minutes
26 Perry
29 Vinagre
77 Campbell Substituted forAshley-Sealat 68'minutes
10 Cutrone
7 Neto Substituted forCristóvãoat 77'minutes

Substitutes​

11Rui Patrício
39Taylor
56Ashley-Seal
58Samuels
59Buur
66Cristóvão
  • 76Richards
Parking your tardis on the Northbank car park?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The casual complete absence of respect for Brentford, who are actually a pretty decent team, implicit in that post is staggering. Sounds like a ****ing ManUre fan....

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see podence, boly, donk, hwang, rayan etc as just bench players.. I see them competing with players in the first 11... They just need a chance to show it... They need to be involved.... Everybody moans about not having a squad and then wants the same players playing....
Agree, there is a big difference between 7 changes for first 11 contenders than for u23s.
Also this game is sandwiched between Chelsea home and arsenal away for spurs so they may be playing their u18s!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, there is a big difference between 7 changes for first 11 contenders than for u23s.
Also this game is sandwiched between Chelsea home and arsenal away for spurs so they may be playing their u18s!
Its about creating healthy competition....... Podence has done more than enough to warrant a full 90 mins......he assists or scores against spurs he is knocking on the door to start in the premier league.... Same with hwang.... Boly, donk, Hoever, rayan, yerson need the minutes........ So they are ready if we need them in the league... Its still a very strong team.... The only player I think may need the game for minutes and confidence is jimenez...harsh on fabio.. The rest neves, mouts, semedo, marcal, trincao, traore, kilman would be on the bench for me....

Last edited:

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its about creating healthy competition....... Podence has done more than enough to warrant a full 90 mins......he assists or scores against spurs he is knocking on the door to start in the premier league.... Same with hwang.... Boly, donk, Hoever, rayan, yerson need the minutes........ So they are ready if we need them in the league... Its still a very strong team.... The only player I think may need the game for minutes and confidence is jimenez...harsh on fabio.. The rest neves, mouts, semedo, marcal, trincao, traore, kilman would be on the bench for me....
I would play Raul also.... but Jeff may over rule Bruno, who knows

jim_boner

Groupie
Reaction score

Sa
Kilman - Coady - Saiss
Ruddy
Mosquera - Coady - Boly
Think you’ve nailed it. Close thread…