Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Teams that cannot finish above us thread 2021/22

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought I’d start it off now we have 40 points. No-one in the PL (Norwich can get 56 points).

Looking forward for names to be added in due course.

Just to start us off…..

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Thought I’d start it off now we have 40 points. No-one in the PL (Norwich can get 56 points).

Looking forward for names to be added in due course.

Just to start us off…..
My favourite thread.

@NOKASPLACE has always been the custodian of the thread, but he needs a prompt each season these days.

JohnB - you’ve gone a bit early on this one, but that often happens with youngsters!

It’s a tough call saying which team will be first on the list, probably Norwich, Everton would be nice!

D

Deleted member LP 3925

If we beat Leeds, next up should be Watford. However, that won’t be confirmed until 2nd April when both of us play other teams. Until then, they can still end up above us on goal difference - if we lose them all and they win them all!

Silly I know, but that’s what this thread is all about.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Following the Leeds shambles, due to Liverpool and Man City having to play each other, we can no longer mathematically win the title :weary:

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only one point needed for safety now after Everton’s defeat.
In case anyone is wondering…..

Burnley max points - 51
Leeds max points - 51
Brentford max points - 54
Everton max points - 55

If wolves have 1 more point then we reach 50 points.

To reach that Burnley have to win all 10 games and Leeds all 7 games they have to play. In doing so they beat Everton and Brentford respectively.

Brentford max points are then 51 and Everton 52 as they both will have lost a game but they have to play each other….

….and so 1 more point and we are definitely safe.

I’ll get my hat.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

A Burnley defeat this evening and we will be guaranteed a fifth consecutive year in the PL......

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering…..

Burnley max points - 51
Leeds max points - 51
Brentford max points - 54
Everton max points - 55

If wolves have 1 more point then we reach 50 points.

To reach that Burnley have to win all 10 games and Leeds all 7 games they have to play. In doing so they beat Everton and Brentford respectively.

Brentford max points are then 51 and Everton 52 as they both will have lost a game but they have to play each other….

….and so 1 more point and we are definitely safe.

I’ll get my hat.
Still need a point tomorrow to be safe. 3 points and we are guaranteed to finish ahead of Burnley and Leeds (and Everton can match us).

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we will at least better last season’s 13th place finish!
Guaranteed 11th and in reality top 10,beat Norwich and i cant see anyone below us finishing above where we now
Said at start of season 10th would be a good season,slightly disappointed how the season petered out but overall cant complain

Back
Top Bottom