Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team vs Liverpool

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Daws-Bueno-Kilman
Doherty-Gomes-Lemina-Doyle/Bellegarde-Neto
Cunha
Sasa/Hwang

Hmm..this isn´t going to work really and Neto must play of course.

I do not think four at the back is going to work anyways..but Neto certainly ain´t a wingback.

Sa
Semedo-Daws-Bueno-Bueno
Doherty-Gomes-Lemina-Neto
Cunha
Sasa/Hwang

I do not want Sarabia,Silva or even passive Max to start.
Bueno might cope much better in a four and Doherty will give us extra attack power compared to Sarabia.
Sasa or Hwang both score some goals.Fabio isn´t.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN pretty much sux as well at both ends.
Bueno brings more to the table.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They will wipe the floor with us with this bloke we have as head coach. If I am wrong I will apologise but I am very certain I will not be wrong.
As a head coach he's played them once, win once with a side that is inferior to this one. We'll probably lose but I don't get why its a complete write off.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman Bueno Toti
Doherty Bellegarde Gomes Doyle Bueno
Sasa Hwang

Reasoning:
Kilman has always looked better in the right of the three and had all his best games in that formation
Doherty is an attacking palyer, he gets goals and assists, switching to three centrehalfs doesnt have to be negative from an attacking POV.
Hwang played as a striker will get goals, especially when played off Sasa, We never needed Che Adams - just play Hwang in that position.
Bueno is a very decent crosser of the ball, with Sasa up front thats a real plus.
We need energy and creativity in midfield, I hope that Doyle and Bellegard will provide a bit of both.
Toti is the kind of commited player that inspires others, we need that.
Dawson had a terrible pre-season and hasnt got much better time to move on, Bueno looks strong in the air, which Kilman is not so thet should be complimentary.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can Dawson not be suited to a 4 when he's played in it nearly all of his career?

Kilman is the issue, I can see why Nuno was content enough to let him go to bloody Barnsley, he's just not a very good defender.

I'd prefer Toti, at least he has some aggression and covering pace about him, Kilman really is better suited to futsal.
He played futsal for England don't you know.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When it comes to Wolves now I've no idea who to drop nor who to replace them with anymore. I don't know what our best formation is nor which players fit the system best. GON has got to figure that out pretty quickly which is a concern. When he took over at Bournemouth he knew the players and the formation while at Wolves everything is new and he's got hardly any management experience. For what it's worth (and this really is a guess) I'd go with:Screenshot_20230904-101352.png

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When it comes to Wolves now I've no idea who to drop nor who to replace them with anymore. I don't know what our best formation is nor which players fit the system best. GON has got to figure that out pretty quickly which is a concern. When he took over at Bournemouth he knew the players and the formation while at Wolves everything is new and he's got hardly any management experience. For what it's worth (and this really is a guess) I'd go with:View attachment 37032
You can’t drop lemina for Doyle IMO

Reaction score
We have to go with 3 centre-backs as Liverpool forwards will destroy us if we play just the 2 with a high line.
At the other end of the pitch, Liverpool can be vulnerable to a ball played in behind them so I would go with pace.

Therefore, for me it's 3-4-3:-

Sa - Kilman, Dawson, Toti - Doc, Lemina, Gomes, RAN - Hwang, Cunha, Neto

geowolf

Reaction score
For me, stick with 4 at the back and that aggressive high press from yesterday.

…………………………Sa
Semedo……Santiago…..Kilman……RAN
Doyle……Bellegarde……..Gomes……Lemina
.……………Fabio……….Neto

Get Bellegarde in their box as much as possible.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to stop shipping goals, simple as that.

I hate the negative approach, but the "positive" one, selecting 4 attacking players, just isn't creating chances and leaves us short in defence, a dream combination.

Doc isn't great at defending, so I'd play Toti at LWB with the remit that he defends primarily and we generally let Doc provide a goal threat and defend as a secondary requirement.
Gomes to cover Doc when he gets forward.
Bellegarde on the opposite side of the midfield to provide attacking ability down the left.
Cunha and Silva to actually play as a pair.

Sa
Doc Kilman Dawson Santi Toti
Gomes Lemina Bellegarde
Cunha Silva

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo
Bueno
Kilman
Ait nouri
Lemina
Gomes
Bellegarde
Neto
Cunha
Silva

I’d stick with 4-3-3 as I think we’ll score more (and concede more) but ultimately get more wins as a result.

Dawson has to come out so hopefully Bueno is ready to step in with two weeks work on positioning and patterns of play.

Similarly Bellegarde, we need that ball carrying ability.

Fabio I’ve always been a supporter of but he needs to show more - but he’ll only do that with the experience that comes from a run of games, so I’d stick with him for a while.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

…………………………Sa
.……………Fabio……….Neto

In which case expect us to leak 6 or 7.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
When we’re 4-0 down at halftime I’d love to be a fly on the wall to listen to the team talk.

This fixture could be very embarrassing!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do you hurt Liverpool?
You let them come on to you and counter attack the spaces they leave at full back. We have cunha who should be played up top, and drifting in to the spaces left behind by their full backs with Neto coming up on the left to support the break at pace and bellegarde from the right.
It can be 4-4-2, a 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 3-4-3 whatever, I don't really care as long as our approach is to defend fairly deep and make sure we have that outball to hit to cunha in space.
Try and play them at their own game or have everybody behind the ball for 90 minutes and we'll get ripped apart. Stay tight and counter and we have players that can hurt them, we'll still probably lose but it will be close. We played them three times under Lopetegui and it goes without saying they were the games I enjoyed the most under his reign.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3-5-2

Sa

S. Bueno - Dawson - Kilman
Doherty - Bellegarde - Lemina - Neto - Toti
Hwang Cunha

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

…………………………Sa
.……………Fabio……….Neto

There's a bit of Dean Saunders about you. Stick at it, you'll get there.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do you hurt Liverpool?
You let them come on to you and counter attack the spaces they leave at full back. We have cunha who should be played up top, and drifting in to the spaces left behind by their full backs with Neto coming up on the left to support the break at pace and bellegarde from the right.
It can be 4-4-2, a 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 3-4-3 whatever, I don't really care as long as our approach is to defend fairly deep and make sure we have that outball to hit to cunha in space.
Try and play them at their own game or have everybody behind the ball for 90 minutes and we'll get ripped apart. Stay tight and counter and we have players that can hurt them, we'll still probably lose but it will be close. We played them three times under Lopetegui and it goes without saying they were the games I enjoyed the most under his reign.
Classic Nuno tactics....

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The record home defeat in the Premier League is 9-0. Our record loss is 7-0 (1928) and I have serious concerns that that score will be surpassed this season and even in the next 2 games. If Liverpool go in at 2-0 the 2nd half could be carnage considering we’ve fallen apart in two second halves so far.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The record home defeat in the Premier League is 9-0. Our record loss is 7-0 (1928) and I have serious concerns that that score will be surpassed this season and even in the next 2 games. If Liverpool go in at 2-0 the 2nd half could be carnage considering we’ve fallen apart in two second halves so far.
Don't even think that..... Citeh in particular have well and truly stuffed better teams/managers than ours.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we should be adaptable, and this is a game for a 5.

Sa
Kilman, Dawson, Toti
Doherty, Lemina, Gomes, Ait-Nouri
Cunha, Silva, Neto

Bueno is away with Uruguay and they play their second game at 10pm UK time on the 12th. So, he's not going to have much time working with the team. Probably travel back on the Wednesday, train on Thursday. Toti has never let us down, and his physicality could be needed, so no problem him starting.

Don't think this is the game to start Sasa. Liverpool will play a high line, our best/only threat is likely to come on the break, so go with more mobility.

Could potentially put Bellegarde in for Silva and more a 3-5-2, but do think Liverpool are vulnerable at the back, and realistically, we're probably going to need to score twice to even have a chance of getting something out the game, such is their attacking talent. So, whilst we obviously will need to sit back for large spells, we have to give something back.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
------------------Sa--------------------
-Semedo---Dawson--Kilman--Ait-Nouri-
------------Gomes--Lemina-----------
-Hwang---------Cunha----------Neto-
----------------Kalajdzic--------------

Subs: Bentley, Toti, Bueno, Doherty, Bueno, Doyle, Bellegarde, Sarabia, Silva

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea what the new guys are like really but I hope they are a step up!

Sa
Bueno Kilman Toti
Doc Bellegarde Doyle Lemina RAN
Cunha Sasa

Bench: Bentley Dawson Bueno Traore Gomes Neto Silva Hwang Sarabia

Milijas

Reaction score
Lambs to slaughter in a way.

Sa
Doc Dawson Toti Bueno
Lemina Gomes Traore
Sarabia Sasa Hwang

Kind of made that up on the spot but why not, eh?
why not? If I see sarabia out wide I will microwave my head.

Doc in a back four?

Agree Hwang and Sasa if fit should definitely start.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
why not? If I see sarabia out wide I will microwave my head.

Doc in a back four?

Agree Hwang and Sasa if fit should definitely start.
Yea, I’ve changed my mind on this team in the days since Palace!!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
for me bellegarde has to play,

the reason we look so **** is our rmidfield now doesnt have anything to break the press

we missed nunes drastically against everton

and again against palace lemina and gomes battle but there was no link and sarabia aint running the ball out to beat the press

i think thats why ran played last week but didnt have the same affect like he did against united

In an ideal world i dont know how we fit everyone in but i do feel doyle and bellegarde have a big place to play

gonsalez can be used like chiquinho throw him on at 70 see what he can do

neto is going to start as is cunha.

Silva has one more game i feel before sasa takes him out of the xi (fitness) silva needs a worldy game

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom