Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team value

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given a few more games of similar player by player quality to what we've witnessed so far, I think it will be fair to say that of our starting XI, each and every player has appreciated in value v what we originally paid for them (perhaps RVLP needs a closer look but evidence to date is good).

When was the last time we could get even near to a statement like that. I really can't think of when - frankly we've always had the opposite - particuarly the dark days of the 90s.

J

johnybig32

Given a few more games of similar player by player quality to what we've witnessed so far, I think it will be fair to say that of our starting XI, each and every player has appreciated in value v what we originally paid for them (perhaps RVLP needs a closer look but evidence to date is good).

When was the last time we could get even near to a statement like that. I really can't think of when - frankly we've always had the opposite - particuarly the dark days of the 90s.

We didn't pay anything for Parra.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ikeme £2m
Doherty £750,000
Batth £2m
Stearman £2m
Golbourne £1.25m

Evans/Price £500,000
McDonald £3m plus
Rowe £1m

Sako £3.5m
Van La Parra £1m
Jacobs £750,000
Henry £750,000

Dicko £1m plus
Clarke £550,000
McAlinden £450,000

Last edited by a moderator:

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
You can't really put a value on a player, he's either worth what the club think he's worth, or what the other club are willing to pay.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Figures mean nothing. Mick implied that when we reached the Prem and our players became premiership players we would reap the dividends! We are still stuck with some of them and released others.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
The only ones who would be less are Sako and Clarke, purely because they have less than a year left on their contracts.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where we have probably profited the most is on the salaries.

E

Essex Wolf

Very difficult to assess.

I'd certainly say every single player signed is worth more than whatever was paid.

But it's all relative to individuals interpretation. If McCormack is worth £11M who was 27yrs old at the time then some may argue a player like Sako is worth just as much if not more?

W

wolfyjoe

Ikeme £2m
Doherty £750,000
Batth £2m
Stearman £2m
Golbourne £1.25m

Evans/Price £500,000
McDonald £3m plus
Rowe £1m

Sako £3.5m
Van La Parra £1m
Jacobs £750,000
Henry £750,000

Dicko £1m plus
Clarke £550,000
McAlinden £450,000

If we sold Sako, McDonald, Batth or Jacobs for those prices when Fulham paid 11m for McCormack I'd cry.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I'm still very much hoping Jacobs will get the chance to prove he is a great player in the hole worth a large fortune. Given we have had a few issues at LB over the years he has been an absolute revelation.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sold Sako, McDonald, Batth or Jacobs for those prices when Fulham paid 11m for McCormack I'd cry.

The McCormack fee even by current mad standards was completely over the top. I think those valuations are conservative and if the team do well this season you can probably add 25% or so to them!But of course in Sako's case he will be worth zero if he doesn't sign a new contract.If Jacobs gets in the team and fulfils his potential he is a £2m plus player in the making imv.

W

wolfyjoe

The McCormack fee even by current mad standards was completely over the top. I think those valuations are conservative and if the team do well this season you can probably add 25% or so to them!But of course in Sako's case he will be worth zero if he doesn't sign a new contract.If Jacobs gets in the team and fulfils his potential he is a £2m plus player in the making imv.

Hard to disagree with this but I think you also have to take into consideration the clubs desire to keep their best players over the past couple of seasons. I know we sold Fletcher and Jarvis but they went for fees that we couldn't really turn down.

The fact that we kept Sako for a season in League One when offers were coming and we were facing serious financial problems is testament to the clubs ambition IMO... I think Sako could be an influential player in the Prem.

I guess there's a big difference between value and asking price but I think you could add a large chunk of cash onto those valuations before Moxey would agree to selling any of the players in our first 11.

D

Dewsburywolf

On what basis are you only getting a fee of £750k each for Jacobs & Henry?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A player's only worth what someone is willing to pay/sell for.

You can look at what other players are going for and argue that they are a better/worse player and therefore worth more/less.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On what basis are you only getting a fee of £750k each for Jacobs & Henry?

Its very difficult to value them at the moment as they are out of the first team and if that were to continue their true value based on their talent might not be reflected in the marketplace. As mentioned previously, if Jacobs fulfils his potential and gets back in then he is a £2m plus player in the making imv. Henry is a very good Championship player and again if he re-establishes himself perhaps £1.25m might be nearer the mark. I used conservative valuations generally but if the team does very well this season then the perception of the players in the marketplace will of course go up substantially. So if Dicko gets 15 plus goals he would probably be worth at least treble the £1m I've posted him at currently, based on the premium prices being paid for strikers these days. But its early days for all of them.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
KMac and the team spirit are priceless...:D

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ikeme £2m
Doherty £750,000
Batth £2m
Stearman £2m
Golbourne £1.25m

Evans/Price £500,000
McDonald £3m plus
Rowe £1m

Sako £3.5m
Van La Parra £1m
Jacobs £750,000
Henry £750,000

Dicko £1m plus
Clarke £550,000
McAlinden £450,000

Clarke £550,000 - you having a laugh.

Cambswolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I love how dicko plays for us last season and so far this season but there is a reason we bought him for 1 million

Cambswolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Sorry that should have read £550.00.

But seriously we paid £750k so why shouldn't he be still worth around £500k if he gets a few goals.

Looked good in pre season and all he did wrong in the Norwich game is tried too hard

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People yet again failing to understand that a player doesn't have a specific value. To one club a player may be worth 10m, to another he may be worth 2m. It depends on their scenario and what they need in their team. For us, Assombolagna would have been worth 2-3m, but for forest he is what they needed, therefore worth a considerable amount more.

Cambswolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Too many on his back.
If you have a chance you try your hardest and personly he did it just never came off for the lad so get off his back

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry that should have read £550.00.

But seriously we paid £750k so why shouldn't he be still worth around £500k if he gets a few goals.

In the Norwich match he was woeful and looked nothing like a half a million pound player.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the Norwich match he was woeful and looked nothing like a half a million pound player.

IMO opinion he has not looked it in any match I have seen either, but I hope he proves me wrond and whups it up.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too many on his back.
If you have a chance you try your hardest and personly he did it just never came off for the lad so get off his back

Trying your hardest is running until you can't walk. I.e David Edwards.

Does Clarke do this ? No.

Just a pure lack of skill at this level. Would take £200,000 for him if it meant getting someone else in

Back
Top Bottom