Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team v Fulham

Wolfyyy

Reaction score
Isn't Guedes more of a winger/inverted forward? He isn't exactly a natural striker and more of a false 9. I would say stick to the Leeds lineup but sub in Guedes early at about the 60 minutes mark. He hasn't had a pre-season with us and hasn't got the chance to establish link-up relationship with any of the other players. Think him watching from the sidelines for the early parts of the game might help with that.

The only reason I would start Guedes is if Hwang isn't still fully fit from the groin injury he picked up last game.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same starting 11 as Leeds for me. That gives returning players the chnace for 20-30 minutes in the second half and Guedes a chance against tiring defenders to make an impact. Lets hope RAN and Jonny have their game heads on this week.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same starting 11 as Leeds for me. That gives returning players the chnace for 20-30 minutes in the second half and Guedes a chance against tiring defenders to make an impact. Lets hope RAN and Jonny have their game heads on this week.
That is probably the sensible thing to do. Try and have some consistency in selection while the system beds in.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This could be a bit of a goal fest this weekend. Hot weather , 5 subs , new players on both sides , Wolves want a win , Fulham boyed by their point against the Scousers. 3-2 wolves.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m assuming Hwang might not start due to groin. So I’m going for the following with a super strong bench.

Sa
Jonny Collins Kilman RAN
Neves Donck
MGW Podence Neto
Guedes

Subs - Sarkic Beuno Boly Mosquera Gomes Cundle Ronan Campbell Hwang

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m assuming Hwang might not start due to groin. So I’m going for the following with a super strong bench.

Sa
Jonny Collins Kilman RAN
Neves Donck
MGW Podence Neto
Guedes

Nothing i have seen of Guedes suggests he is a striker
Im sure he can do a job there,but its not his position
More of a false 9 or even a deeper lying 8
We may have no choice if Hwang is injured, but like above i would rather he was introduced on the hour in perhaps a more withdrawn role to link up the attacks better

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing i have seen of Guedes suggests he is a striker
Im sure he can do a job there,but its not his position
More of a false 9 or even a deeper lying 8
We may have no choice if Hwang is injured, but like above i would rather he was introduced on the hour in perhaps a more withdrawn role to link up the attacks better
Suspect that it will be a very fluid front 4 with them all having spells in the central role

The problem we have though is we need someone to make those key movements in the box instead of all looking for a one-two etc

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Jonny Collins Kilman RAN
Neves
Gibbs White Dendocker
Podence Guedes Neto

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Sa
Jonny Collins Kilman RAN
Neves Donck
MGW Podence Neto
Guedes

That bench though….

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo and Adama available. Surely have them on the bench when you have 9 subs? Both could manage 20 mins you would have thought and Adama at the end of tomorrows game with heat playing a part could be very useful indeed.
I'd rather have Adama and Semedo on the bench with the proviso that they're only 25 percent (or so) likely to feature than to see Bueno and Ronan. Not because they're crap, but because Bruno is 100 per cent not to use them

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Little paradox..but I am more worried about our defence than anything else.
They lost the game at Elland Road,and Fulham is capable to utilize the very same weaknesses if not corrected.
Sa was dung at Elland Road..together with our outside backs(or whatever you call it in english..Jonny and RAN).
Collins and Kilman is at best a work in progress on top of this..and it is actually no gurantuee it will work.

Can we afford another loss here?

Probably,but the margins will be thinner further on.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Sa
Jonny, Collins, Kilman, RAN
Dendoncker, Neves
MGW, Podence, Neto
Hwang

Sarkic, Semedo, Boly, Toti, Bueno, Ronan, Guedes, Adama, Campbell

Reaction score
Semedo and Adama available. Surely have them on the bench when you have 9 subs? Both could manage 20 mins you would have thought and Adama at the end of tomorrows game with heat playing a part could be very useful indeed.
Played Hwang last week when he wasn't 100% and he pulled up, so based on on last season's experience I wouldn't have Semedo or Traore anywhere near the team until I was sure they were actually fully fit, a couple of run outs in training games / the reserves wouldn't be a bad idea.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same team with Guedes and Adama on the bench. Thought Hwang played pretty well last week so if he’s fit he should start.

Performances like what we saw from Jonny and RAN last week deserve punishment (i.e. being dropped) but sadly our lack of depth means no chance. Both good players of course, and Jonny is usually absolutely superb, but it was a shower at the back last week.

Expecting us to concede but also fancy us on the attack in this one.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have an adult ticket for the temp stand tomorrow, can meet before the game £20

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Sa
Jonny, Collins, Kilman, RAN
Dendoncker, Neves
MGW, Podence, Neto
Hwang

Sarkic, Semedo, Boly, Toti, Bueno, Ronan, Guedes, Adama, Campbell
Guedes for Hwang for me but otherwise defo this! And also the bench looks a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom