Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team Spirit

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With everyone clamouring for new signings, we’d do well to remember that our title winning season was built on team spirit as much as it was ability.

Of course we will upgrade in the crucial positions, but we’ve lost Afobe, and now potentially Cavaleiro. Ruddy has been replaced, Alf, Bonatini and Vinagre has returned and it’s likely that at least a couple more will be replaced.

I’m sure Nuno knows what he’s doing but you can’t help but wonder how losing Afobe affects Doc, and how losing Cav could affect Costa, Jota and even the likes of Douglas who he bonded well with.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Bit like any job really, you lose and gain colleagues all the time, and you obviously miss the people who move on, but you get to know newbies over time and eventually you become close. I think it's probably the same in football. If I was a Wolves player, I'd be really excited about signing Patricio and having him in the squad and changing room.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit like any job really, you lose and gain colleagues all the time, and you obviously miss the people who move on, but you get to know newbies over time and eventually you become close. I think it's probably the same in football. If I was a Wolves player, I'd be really excited about signing Patricio and having him in the squad and changing room.

True, but it’s slightly different in a football team situation. There’s a pack mentality. A band of brothers if you will. It’s definitely an art and down to good management how you go about upgrading that without upsetting that team ethos

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
True, but it’s slightly different in a football team situation. There’s a pack mentality. A band of brothers if you will. It’s definitely an art and down to good management how you go about upgrading that without upsetting that team ethos

We'll be alright then! Nuno is a good manager. He's probably thinking of all these things when he makes signings like y'know, how's this player gonna fit into the squad, will he be part of the group, what's he gonna bring to the squad character.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought this was going to be about the 1964 Grand National winner.

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought this thread was going to be about England. Whatever you think about the performance there was some proper team spirit there. Don't think I've ever seen England players celebrate goals so wildly before.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The players are gaining the opportunity to play with genuine world class players. Who wouldn't want that?

Secondly, if players who have had it reasonably comfy with a lack of competition in their position (Doc with no other real RB or LB in recent years, Ruddy with Carl's illness etc) suddenly want out when we're signing these players it is they who are the problem.

I'm not saying they do but if they do it smacks of small mindedness. Tony Dining did the same in 2001 didn't fancy it when we signed Rae and Cameron.

Doherty was playing football with Jeremy Helan a year or so back, now he might be in a Premier League squad but he's going to be too gutted his BFF ain't with him? Sounds likely.

M

MonkeySpanner

Have we lost Cav? I thought we still had options on the others till the 31st.

Back
Top Bottom