Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for West Ham

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I think Lemina has eased off it recently. Maybe tired from his all-action style of playing. An extra body in midfield would help us control the game. Doyle would be good to provide the passes to a front two of Cunha and Sarabia. Traore instead of Doyle if we need someone more physical.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
We seem to struggle against West Ham in recent years. I would look at shoring up the cm and try to play people in their natural position. As playing Doherty wide right for me led to confusion for the Burnley goal as I assume Semedo through he had the man behind him. I digress.

Sa
Semedo kilman Bueno Toti Nouri
Gomes Doyle Lemina
Sarabia Chiwome

We have to hope that Sarabia passes the ball to Chiwome. Think this would suit us more with what we have. Sarabia drop as a 10 and play off Chiwome, rather than wide as we all saw he does not have the pace and suffered when no pace around him.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming Cunha and Dawson won't be fit enough to start I think we will see:

Sa; Kilman, Bueno, Toti; Semedo, Gomes, Lemina, Doherty, Sarabia, Ait-Nouri, Fraser/Chiwome.

I can see O'Neil giving Fraser a chance again against an opponent who likes to sit deep. Ait-Nouri as our main threat going forward has to play higher up.
Doc against anyone with pace will be an utter liability.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming Cunha and Dawson won't be fit enough to start I think we will see:

Sa; Kilman, Bueno, Toti; Semedo, Gomes, Lemina, Doherty, Sarabia, Ait-Nouri, Fraser/Chiwome.

I can see O'Neil giving Fraser a chance again against an opponent who likes to sit deep. Ait-Nouri as our main threat going forward has to play higher up.

Agree on the Fraser shout. I'm not sure if it's been reported (omg, ITK!) but he's been struggling with a hip problem, and was apparently playing in considerable pain vs Coventry, so think that's been a factor in introducing Chiwome rather than Fraser being 'dropped'.

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do realise that WHU are quite strong counter-attackers ? Probably a more cautious approach is needed tho' I agree we could do with the 3 points.
Bowen will probably score usually does against us

Draw wouldn’t be too bad

Bookies giving strange odds.-

Pre-game odds and win probability: Wolves the slight favourite​

• HOME: 6/4 (2.50) – 40%
  • DRAW: 51/19 (3.68) – 27.1%
  • AWAY: 29/16 (2.81) – 35.6%
*odds from Ladbrokes, subject to change

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're electric on the break. We need to sit deep and encourage them onto us, not allow it to go the other way.
Rubbish.

We just need to pass the ball early for a chance and not take 7 passes to switch play.

Most important thing is not over committing men in attack and if we play it quickly you don’t need to do that

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rubbish.

We just need to pass the ball early for a chance and not take 7 passes to switch play.

Most important thing is not over committing men in attack and if we play it quickly you don’t need to do that
Surely if we set the tempo and play quick football we will win. All the best teams play with a fast tempo

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah football really isn’t rocket science .

Move the ball quickly and work hard

For some reason we refuse to do this with our captain the main culprit
Exactly! Move the ball quick and pass into space.

Too many slow players in our team let us down Kilman being one of them. Absolutely we can’t play a high line with him. Iv seen milk turn quicker. The Danny Batth equivalent in the PL for us

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score
Exactly! Move the ball quick and pass into space.

Too many slow players in our team let us down Kilman being one of them. Absolutely we can’t play a high line with him. Iv seen milk turn quicker. The Danny Batth equivalent in the PL for us
But you still think we might get £40m for Max?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rubbish.

Not rubbish mate, unless you're from the Vincent Kompany disregard-your-opponent's-attributes school of football.

Andy Bate's Sky analysis in Feb:
"In fact, it is one of seven matches that have been won by teams with fewer than 26 per cent of the ball in the Premier League so far this season. West Ham are responsible for four of them. They are the masters of the smash and grab, experts at winning without the ball.

It is unique across Europe's five major leagues to have success playing this way. Only six of the 96 teams have had less possession than West Ham. All six rank 15th or lower in their respective tables. The correlation between possession and position is real."

Back
Top Bottom