Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for West Ham

Paris Wolf

Reaction score
Sa
Kilman - Santi / Dawson - Toti
Semedo - Lemina - Gomes - Doc
Sarabia - Cunha - Aït-Nouri

Dawson if fit, Doyle in for one of the two central midfielders if they're on the edge in terms of workload.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Doherty Kilman Toti
Semedo Lemina Doyle Bueno
Cunha Chiwome RAN

Go and attack the hammers we might get lucky. If we lose season over really would be nice to finish top 10

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When is the cut off point for accumulated yellow cards? Is it 32 games?
Think Semado is on 9 now?
Might be worth considering restarting him for this as he’s played a lot of minutes recently and wouldn’t want to lose him for the next two.

Reaction score
Doubt Cunha will start probably build up his minutes
That's correct according to what I've been told.

The plan is to increase his time on the pitch game by game. Last night was always the plan to give him 15-20 minutes so I guess we may see 30-35 mins on Saturday?
As I reported on Monday, Hwang has been pushing for inclusion for a week now but the medical team believe it is too early so, whilst there is an outside chance he makes the bench, it is more likely to be Forest before we see him.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Bueno Kilman Toti
Semedo Gomes Lemina Bueno
Sarabia Cunha RAN

Subs Bentley Doc Doyle Traoré Chiwome Fraser Chirewa Lemina +1

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's correct according to what I've been told.

The plan is to increase his time on the pitch game by game. Last night was always the plan to give him 15-20 minutes so I guess we may see 30-35 mins on Saturday?
As I reported on Monday, Hwang has been pushing for inclusion for a week now but the medical team believe it is too early so, whilst there is an outside chance he makes the bench, it is more likely to be Forest before we see him.
I worry about Cunha coming on cold. Either start and take off at HT or come on at HT and ensure properly stretched and warmed up.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo
Santi
Dawson
Toti
 Doc

Doyle
Gomes

Sarabia
Cunha
RAN

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
S Bueno, Dawson/Toti, Kilman
Semedo, Gomes, Doyle, Lemina, RAN
Sarabia, Cunha

Yep this looks about right for me, hopefully enough protection in that midfield to allow Semedo and Rayan to fly forward and support the front two.

As much as Chiwome likes running after loose balls, just don't think we can start him again. It just feels pointless. Not his fault, needs a League One or League Two loan for a couple of years.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been saying for a bit....still think our best chance at winning at the moment is a narrow win 1-0 or 2-1 maximum....

To do that you need to shut the back door....If Dawson is fit , then for me a being him in but keep Semedo, Kilman , Santiago Bueno and Toti in the team.....for me either Doherty or Hugo Bueno don't give us enough going forward to partially leave the back door open...

The only other issue is will chiwone have to do the groundwork for Cunha....at least the first half maybe...

Reality is at the minute if we concede 2 we will lose.....so we have to stop the 2 going in...

Last edited:

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
cunha might get a second half

we will be to much better strength come forest
Hwang is banging Gary’s door down to start but I doubt they’ll allow him to be involved against West Ham. Good to see them coming back into contention

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I worry about Cunha coming on cold. Either start and take off at HT or come on at HT and ensure properly stretched and warmed up.
I winced last night when he went sprinting up and down the line before coming on.
Thankfully, everything was fine and from the limited amount of time he had on the field he didnt appear to be inhibited in any way.
Roll on Saturday

Reaction score
Hwang is banging Gary’s door down to start but I doubt they’ll allow him to be involved against West Ham. Good to see them coming back into contention
Yes, it's a good sign that both Hwang and Cunha have been desperate to get back on the pitch to help the team. Shows a great attitude and how much these players want to play for the club and the manager.

They do need protecting from themselves at times, however, hence the caution of the medical team

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Yes, it's a good sign that both Hwang and Cunha have been desperate to get back on the pitch to help the team. Shows a great attitude and how much these players want to play for the club and the manager.

They do need protecting from themselves at times, however, hence the caution of the medical team
Absolutely and good for Gary in not rushing them back

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Try and keep it 0-0 until the last 25 when Cunha can come on.

Looking at the West Ham team with Alvarez coming back, hard to see us not falling a few behind.

Sa
Semedo, Bueno, Kilman, Toti, Bueno
Traore, Lemina, Gomes
Sarabia, Ait-Nouri

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
When is the cut off point for accumulated yellow cards? Is it 32 games?
Think Semado is on 9 now?
Might be worth considering restarting him for this as he’s played a lot of minutes recently and wouldn’t want to lose him for the next two.
Yes 32. He must have the softest 9 yellows ever. Can't remember him making a bad tackle, don't even know what he got booked for last night? A couple early on for taking too long with a throw, which would just be ignored now. Maybe a couple of cynical pulls, but what a joke if he gets a two game ban.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes 32. He must have the softest 9 yellows ever. Can't remember him making a bad tackle, don't even know what he got booked for last night? A couple early on for taking too long with a throw, which would just be ignored now. Maybe a couple of cynical pulls, but what a joke if he gets a two game ban.
Yeah it would seem unfair.
He’s also pretty much played all of every game, so far more likely to get them.

Reaction score
Did we go down the following year?! Hoping history doesn’t repeat here.
No, it was our first season in PL under Mick and we actually took 7 points that week to help ease our relegation worries, capping it off with a 3-1 win against The Hammers.
We stayed up the following year too, on the last day, but finally went down in 2012

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I was fuming with him last night, knowing it was his 9th.

The camera went off him but he was ****ing about to stop them taking a throw, even though it was on the halfway line, and even though it was multi-ball system.

The cynic in me genuinely thought he did it in purpose because it was needless. It's going to be no surprise to me if he does get his tenth in the next two games.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Doherty Kilman Toti
Semedo Lemina Doyle Bueno
Cunha Chiwome RAN

Go and attack the hammers we might get lucky. If we lose season over really would be nice to finish top 10
So you are leaving out Gomes and playing Chiwome!

Play The Pitbull as central striker every time in those circumstances lol.

No disrespect to the young kid, but he is way out of his depth atm and The Pitbull has to start, even if it is as a central striker.

Paris Wolf

Reaction score
Been saying for a bit....still think our best chance at winning at the moment is a narrow win 1-0 or 2-1 maximum....

To do that you need to shut the back door....If Dawson is fit , then for me a being him in but keep Semedo, Kilman , Santiago Bueno and Toti in the team.....for me either Doherty or Hugo Bueno don't give us enough going forward to partially leave the back door open...

The only other issue is will chiwone have to do the groundwork for Cunha....at least the first half maybe...

Reality is at the minute if we concede 2 we will lose.....so we have to stop the 2 going in...
How are you bringing Dawson back and keeping Kilman, Santi and Toti in? Toti as a left wing-back? Dawson right back in a four?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you are leaving out Gomes and playing Chiwome!

Play The Pitbull as central striker every time in those circumstances lol.

No disrespect to the young kid, but he is way out of his depth atm and The Pitbull has to start, even if it is as a central striker.
Looked knackered to me play someone else bring on pitbull

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How are you bringing Dawson back and keeping Kilman, Santi and Toti in? Toti as a left wing-back? Dawson right back in a four?
A proper back 5.....keep the goals out...
Conceded too many at the minute and we haven't got the forwards to out score teams.. especially the better teams...toti Lwb..shut the back door..

Lemina Gomes..... Sarabia Rayan Cunha up top...

For me Hugo Bueno and Doherty are both poor defensively and hardly do anything going forward....at least Toti there would help us defensively..

Last edited:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends who’s fit but you can’t be starting Cunha after 20mins of football since a hamstring injury, madness.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They all look knackered, MEW!

The Pitbull has to start.
More so than others but if we want to burn more players out we will face more injuries. We have to take care of our younger players. Perfect time to rotate. In a game we are more than likely going to lose or draw anyway.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope Dawson is back, would allow Toti to play at left wing back and RAN further up the pitch.
Bueno just gives far too much space, and West Ham will target him. (He can make a difference
in the last 20 however, with his speed and crossing).

That leaves Chiwome to play upfront again, until the last 25-30 for Cunha.

Or Fraser for that matter. Both are doing their best, and are not entirely out of their depth, imv.

The game will turn on our ability to not concede and grab a winner. That's the only way I see us
getting the win.

Oh and target that thug Coufal.

AdidasSamba

Reaction score
Assuming Cunha and Dawson won't be fit enough to start I think we will see:

Sa; Kilman, Bueno, Toti; Semedo, Gomes, Lemina, Doherty, Sarabia, Ait-Nouri, Fraser/Chiwome.

I can see O'Neil giving Fraser a chance again against an opponent who likes to sit deep. Ait-Nouri as our main threat going forward has to play higher up.

Back
Top Bottom