Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for soton

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Vitinha is on the bench though, there's no need for Moutinho. I really want to see Vitinha, but think he's going to have to be patient like Dendoncker. Also with Dendonckers recent injury I'd prefer to have someone to come on in a similar role. Neither Moutinho or Vitinha are that type, whereas Otasowie is.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think vitahna will be a replacement for either neto or podence if he was on the bench. For Portugal u21s he plays just behind the strikers. Finished the last game on the right hand side. His natural position would be central in front of neves and donk in my opinion.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think vitahna will be a replacement for either neto or podence if he was on the bench. For Portugal u21s he plays just behind the strikers. Finished the last game on the right hand side. His natural position would be central in front of neves and donk in my opinion.

The same role that MGW prefers. We shipped him off to Swansea as we didn't play that position in any of our formation variations yet then go and get someone else who now has the same issue. Unless we can turn him into an out and out midfielder (long term replacement for Mou) or switch our formation up to accommodate him, I don't see how he has a future here.

Reactions: Ian

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok......let me be a bit bonkers on this .....
sometimes I feel that we should just shake it up a bit. We‘re a bit stale.
I sometimes think that Raul could be a kind of #10. His work rate is great, got the lungs and perhaps he could be the link between the middle and the forwards. Gawd, can’t we ever come up through the centre now and again. Raul could give us that.

Podence, Silva, Neto,
Ait-Nouri, RAUL, Dendoncker, Semedo
Killman, Cody, Boly
Patricio

subs.....Traore, Mouthino, Saisse. ( apart from Ruddy, of course).

D

Deleted member 11157

Formations don't mean much when our players are fairly fluid and it's always a three with wing backs. Would really like to Jaoa back in there and perhaps further forward than the wing backs. Feel we need to keep it diametrically simple until we can gain a lead then play the final third possession game. We're missing Jota falling over a lot so let's hope Neto and Podence can learn to fall over a bit better.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Id quite like to see Saiss in midfield.
Maybe Moutinho in an advanced role just behind a front two of Jimenez and Neto/Podence.

D

Deleted member 11332

Rui
Boly Coady kilman
Semedo Neves Moutinho Marcal
Neto Raul Podence.

Vitinha on the bench.

This is one of the few games where the lack of athleticism from neves and Moutinho doesn't hurt us. Southampton have a similar midfield in JWP and Romeu and ours should be able to outplay them. We need them both to be positive on the ball though, lets pass forwards through the lines with purpose and we should win this.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui

Boly
Coady
Saiss

Semedo
Neves
Dendoncker
Marcal

Adama
Raul
Neto

Ruddy
Kilman
Hoever
Moutinho
Vitinha
Podence
Silva

Ait-Nouri to miss out this time.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui

Semedo
Marcal
Boly
Coady
Kilman

Dendoncker
Moutinho
Neves

Raul
Traore

Bench:
Ruddy
Saiss
RAN
Vitinha
Otasowie
Neto
Podence

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd go with...

Patricio
Semedo
Marcal
Coady
Boly
Kilman
Neves
Dendonker
Raul
Podence
Neto

I'd like to get Traore into the side but I just don't see how? Impact sub?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui
Boly Coady kilman
Semedo Neves Moutinho Marcal
Neto Raul Podence.

Vitinha on the bench.

This is one of the few games where the lack of athleticism from neves and Moutinho doesn't hurt us. Southampton have a similar midfield in JWP and Romeu and ours should be able to outplay them. We need them both to be positive on the ball though, lets pass forwards through the lines with purpose and we should win this.
This for me as well

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Same front three as the second half of the away game last year with Neto sitting deeper on Ward-Prowse.

Patricio
Boly, Coady, Kilman
Semedo, Dendoncker, Neves, Marcal
Neto
Traore, Raul

Ruddy, Saiss, RAN/Hoever, Moutinho, Vitinha, Silva, Podence

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio
Boly-Coady-Kilman
Semedo-Donk-Moutinho-Marcal
ADAMA TRAORE-Raul-Neto

There is clear and obviouss weaknesses with this team,still the best we can field at this point in time.
Main problem remains the same..and it will all season.Central midfield just ain´t cuttin it.
I would gladly replace Semedo..who has brought us close to nothing thus far..but we lack a decent backup.
By now,everyone should grasp our central midfield is what it is.I will gladly sub the disappointing Ruben Neves for a solidly better player allthough ageing badly in Joao Moutinho.
Least of problems is Marcal,who has played well since arriving at West Midlands shores..haha.
Not his fault that Neto can´t put away a sitter is it?

ADAMA TRAORE must play.It is beyong ridiculous to suggest anything else for anyone that doesn´t love our goal scoring ratio.
Raul says thank BTW.

Let´s go at them from first whistle.Another chicken scared first half and I will explode.
And you can take that to the bank..hank.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointing to see people drop ait nouri after one bad game

I don’t think people understand how pivotal it is to have someone with attacking intent in both full back positions
We haven't really seen Marcal yet tbh. I'd like to see what he can do.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ait Nouri has a knock at the moment and had to withdraw from France u21's games as a result. Spiers seemed to suggest it wasnt serious.

D

Deleted member 11332

We haven't really seen Marcal yet tbh. I'd like to see what he can do.

He surprised me against Leicester when he absolutely killed Justin In a foot race from a 3 yard disadvantage. I agree with you, lets see if he can do the attacking side.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was watching the training video the club put out yesterday and I have to say Marcal looked very good playing at left wing back. He looked decent attacking wise with some excellent passing as well. I have a feeling he will start tomorrow night. Both Silva and Otasowie looked sharp in the video as well.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was watching the training video the club put out yesterday and I have to say Marcal looked very good playing at left wing back. He looked decent attacking wise with some excellent passing as well. I have a feeling he will start tomorrow night. Both Silva and Otasowie looked sharp in the video as well.

seemed to be ait nouri in the normal bsck 5 from what I could see

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
seemed to be ait nouri in the normal bsck 5 from what I could see

Difficult to tell as they mix and match quite a lot. I was impressed with the clips of Marcal though. Will be interesting to see who Nuno goes for out of the two.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Wonder if Kilman will play, after his sad news in the week?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Difficult to tell as they mix and match quite a lot. I was impressed with the clips of Marcal though. Will be interesting to see who Nuno goes for out of the two.
Yeah I was very impressed with ait nouri in our last home game too where he won MOTM

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sometimes think that Raul could be a kind of #10. His work rate is great, got the lungs and perhaps he could be the link between the middle and the forwards. Gawd, can’t we ever come up through the centre now and again. Raul could give us that.

Podence, Silva, Neto,
Killman, Cody, Boly
Patricio

With Raul and Silva asked to keep within 10 yards of one another.

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves, Moutinho and Dendoncker in a 3 with Podence and Jimenez up top

TheTwoPigeons

Groupie
Reaction score
Patricio
Semedo Coady Boly Marcal
Neves Dendonker Moutinho
Podence Jiminez Neto

Obviously a change from our tried and trusted 5 at the back but we have better players now and if we want to change our play style to control possession no combination of our 2 central midfielders is going to be good enough.

I'd rather try this than pretend we can control possession with a mentality change even though our central midfield has not improved nor have we changed formation to support that play style

There's a reason top teams don't play with 5 at the back.

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I trust Nuno but want
Rui
Boly Coady Saiss
Semedo Neves Dendoncker Ait-Nouri
Traore Jimenez Neto

Ruddy/Moutinho/Kilman/Podence/Marcal/Otasowie/Silva

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
John Percy claiming a senior player has tested positive for Covid-19 and will miss the game. Not sure who though.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama has to start for me. We need freshening up and this could be when his season really starts. As good as he is, I'd replace Neto as I feel Podence is a little more dynamic than him.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Podence, Silva, Neto,
Killman, Cody, Boly
Patricio

Whilst I agree that his work rate is excellent (even tracking back and putting in slide tackles), he's by far our best finisher, so when we need goals it may not be the best move to put him there.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is the game on TV there? I don't see a listing on DAZN for tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom