Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Palace

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fixture we haven't played remotely well in for quite some time.

Also a fixture that couldn't be any less suited to Moutinho. And whilst I struggle to see the controversy in resting/dropping a 36 year old midfielder 3 days after playing the majority of another game, he definitely will of course start.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fixture we haven't played remotely well in for quite some time.

Also a fixture that couldn't be any less suited to Moutinho. And whilst I struggle to see the controversy in resting/dropping a 36 year old midfielder 3 days after playing the majority of another game, he definitely will of course start.
I wanted Mouts to get an extra year as a squad player. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have preferred that he didn't get the extension rather than him play pretty much 90 mins of every game

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Jonny Kilman Collins RAN
Traore Neves Traore Podence
Costa Hwang

Last time we played them we couldn't get out of our own half. This time give the ball to Traore, make them run backwards a bit.
Nunes on for whoever gets knackered first/is playing ****. Semedo on for one of Jonny or RAN.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wanted Mouts to get an extra year as a squad player. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would have preferred that he didn't get the extension rather than him play pretty much 90 mins of every game
I didn't want the extension. I was greedy and wanted a younger replacement. Crazy I know.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
RAN is bit of a question mark, defensively he struggles against good teams, but then again he is the only one we have on the leftside who is quick enough to collect Adamas mandatory deep overhit crosses, and recycle our offensive play.
Palace hasn't to my knowledge pulled up any trees yet this season, but then again we are usually ***** on SP.
It would be good to see B Traore playing 70 minutes in midfield, and give Mouts the 20 minutes at the end.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A couple of changes for me to freshen up for Tuesday.

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Jonny
Hodge Neves Nunes
Traore Hwang Podence

Subs Sarkic Toti RAN Beuno Traore Moutinho Costa Guedes Campbell
Can’t see goals in that 11.
And Palace are a bit physical like Burnley were.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4-2-3-1

Sa- Naturally

Nelson- If you’ve got 90 or 45 I’ll have it
Nathan- Welcome back, Irish Thor
Max- Back to the left with ya
RAN- Be the danger

Ruben- Run things
Matheus- Be 2 players

Adama- I missed your brand of headache
Pod- Lower-risk creativity, please
Chem- Introduce yourself

Hwang- Diego hasn't recovered. GG is in the doghouse. Try not not repel the ball for 60 mins

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I worry about our teams general fitness especially playing two games so close together
They should be fit enough but are they?

T

TheConcourse

There’s no chance Davis drops Moutinho IMO. It’s going to take a big big character to put him on the bench and send a message to the team.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
guedes to come in for costa, costa to come on 2nd half, id like to see traore for moutinho, but like other posters say, i dont think hes going to be dropped with the characther he is showing right now.

Otherwise id like to see a 4-2-3-1 with nunes in the two not trying to be a 10

Reactions: Ned

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho was very good on Saturday but we have the depth in that position now that he doesn't have to play twice a week, B.Traore in for him.

Costa probably won't be ready to start 2 games either so Hwang in for him

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mouts would have been good to bring on to calm things down on sat, not start it. That's how he should be used these days.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the Forest starting XI are all fit and recovered by tomorrow, I think the same team starts.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has to drop Mouts for Traore,he cant play 2 games in such a short period surely
Costa will need a rest so either Hwang or Guedes up front
i would play Semedo on the right and Jonny on the left for this one
RAN Costa and Mouts can come on after the hour mark if needed

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mouts would have been good to bring on to calm things down on sat, not start it. That's how he should be used these days.
Absolutely. The only time he should be starting regularly is if we have injuries.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. The only time he should be starting regularly is if we have injuries.
Never got this argument with moutinho.....he shouldn't have been offered a new deal if we only wanted a part time player.......we can't afford our highest earner to be part time.

Mouthiho would also go and play in Portugal if he wanted to ease off.....

floydstreet

Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman ait nouri

Matteus (as a 8 not 10) neves moutinho (blood traore in and bring on at 60 mins)

Adama Costa Guedes (chance and also sometimes think podence is much better coming on and changing the game when legs more tired)

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate this fixture with a passion. Tight pitch, weird fans and against an athletic/physical team who love to run and love a battle.

That said, the lads gave everything at the weekend and there is also no need for us to be bullied if Davis picks the right starting 11.

I'm the same as most on here, the 433 with new Traore for Moutinho and probably Semedo for Jonny. I do worry about risking Costa in this, I'm not entirely sure it's worth taking the gamble.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo Collins Kilman Bueno

Hodge Neves

Adama Nunes Podence

Costa

RAN will be too knackered & Jonny off form
Hodge is steel next to Neves which is needed
Nunes is better further forward

Last edited:

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kamara into midfield instead of Moutinho. Nunes given a much more attacking role. Semedo in for Jonny. Collins obviously back. Otherwise as we were unless Guedes can find an extra gear from somewhere in training to challenge Podence or Traore.

Reaction score
Kamara into midfield instead of Moutinho. Nunes given a much more attacking role. Semedo in for Jonny. Collins obviously back. Otherwise as we were unless Guedes can find an extra gear from somewhere in training to challenge Podence or Traore.

As far as I’m aware, Nunes’ best position was 8 while at sporting where he would win the ball back and break the lines from deep running with it. Not starting further forward in say a 10 position where he would be playing more with his back to goal and have less space to run into.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who is Kamara?

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching Liverpool v city , masterstroke by klopp to play Salah down the middle.....I wish we d do that with Traore, a defender would hate that..and he can shoot well

Back
Top Bottom