Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Forest

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes has something I really feel guedes can play 4-4-2 with Cunha up top and ran/hwang vying for left

Podence traore right

I feel ran has to play moving forward he looks mustard.

Podence is great when on his form although still think he is a 10 not a winger in 4231

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a 442/4231 RAN in front of Bueno will work too, occasionally Bueno can overlap on the outside and he seems the better crosser too.
I think they'd complement each other well. RAN is far more dangerous running at the box, if Bueno then overlaps down the wing it would cause all sorts of problems for defenders

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Lembikisa Collins Kilman Jonny
Adama Nunes Neves RAN
Raul Guedes

Harsh on Hodge but he’s young and this isn’t going to be THE season for him. Dipping in and out of the first team will be better for him at this stage.

Madmalc

Reaction score
For a wild card, I wouldn't be surprised, if they're fit, to see Corbeanu and Campbell making an appearance.

I suspect Costa might soften the defence up in the first half..

Conor Ronan might feature as well.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have said - I'm genuinely not bothered too much on players/team as long as it's a reasonably strong side - Forest are still ****, but they're starting to get a bit of confidence and momentum - almost the opposite of - say - Everton, for example. lol

I would like to see a bit more of Lembekisa, and I don't think this would weaken our side necessarily vs Semedo, and I would love to see Cunha start and see what he's capable of - and I think the reason he didn't start vs Liverpool is he's definitely starting against Forest.

I'm loving this thing Julen's done with the midfield 3 of Neves playing really deep (almost giving us a back 5 at times), with Moutinho playing up top in the No.10 role, and Nunes with a free-to-go-and-do-wherever-and-whatever-the-****-you-like type of role.

(You could put Hodge in the No.10 role potentially if you wanted, but let's face it Moutinho has got 2 assists in this role just in 2-3 games so it clearly works)

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said earlier in the thread I think it'll be a strong line up, just think it's a case of don't risk anyone who has a knock (so this could include the likes of Podence, Ait-Nouri etc) - because we'll need them for West Ham - barring that, as strong as possible

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In a 442/4231 RAN in front of Bueno will work too, occasionally Bueno can overlap on the outside and he seems the better crosser too.
Agree.

RAN is the better of the 2 going forward and is more productive in the final 3rd and linking play … but given a yard or 2 space to put a ball in the box Bueno has better delivery.

Been saying for weeks the 2 of them in tandem would work brilliantly.

Reactions: Ian

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a wild card, I wouldn't be surprised, if they're fit, to see Corbeanu and Campbell making an appearance.

Neither are near fitness, ronan i suspect would have featured against liverpool if he was going to get a look in.

I think the guy is off

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Corbeanu and Campbell are both injured. Corbeanu will go back on loan as soon as he’s fit. Campbell just started training on grass doubt if he’ll be anywhere near ready

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corbeanu and Campbell are both injured. Corbeanu will go back on loan as soon as he’s fit. Campbell just started training on grass doubt if he’ll be anywhere near ready
Campbell is not far away from the same fitness as neto.

Neither will be seen near the squad/ team until mid to late february

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
campbell, corbeanu, both i expect loans and future development with perhaps a cash in.

Giles we need to make a decision on, likewise cundle and sanderson.

With chiquinho, neto, hwang, cunha, fabio, podence, costa, raul, sasa, traore, guedes..

This is with out potentially ran, who looks to be jumping ahead of people every time he touches a football.

With rumours of a new contract for traore, there is a lot to be adressed in the front line, for futures, sales away and any new transfers.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Campbell has been back in training for over a week.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think we are going to have to sacrifice the replay against Liverpool as we surely can't go full strength for 4 games inside 11 days. I would go full strength for Forest though, its a potential route back into Europe that we aren't going to get through the league this year

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think we are going to have to sacrifice the replay against Liverpool as we surely can't go full strength for 4 games inside 11 days. I would go full strength for Forest though, its a potential route back into Europe that we aren't going to get through the league this year
Don't think its a sacrifice, we made 9 changes on Saturday and at least matched Liverpool with a first team 11.
Think Saturday showed our squad is stronger than we thought following some actual coaching, fitness training and some competent in game management.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1 step from semi final
Go strong , but keep it tight.
SA
Semedo Collins kilman Bueno...

............Neves.....
Nunes .... mouthinio.....
Podence hwang guedes

geowolf

Reaction score
This match is uber-important but the WHU match is uber-uber-important. Therefore stick with the rotation approach and go back to 433 because Forest will keep things tight and we need to control the ball. My team

...........................Sarkic
Lembikisa....Kilman....Toti.....Jonny
.....Hodge......Moutinho......Nunes
.......Guedes......Raul.........Hwang

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Bueno
Neves Nunes
Guedes Cunha Ait-Nouri
Jimenez

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any idea where too? I think Ronan deserves a full transfer and hopefully to a decent championship side rather than back to Scotland, and a loan would be a waste of every ones time now.

I guess someone like Hibs/Huddersfield/ Aberdeen ilk ?

Wolf616

Groupie
Reaction score
I think the 442 was devised specifically for counter attacking on Liverpool and we will go into this one looking to be more positive. As such I reckon:

Sa
Semedo - Collins - Kilman - Bueno
Nunes - Neves
Guedes - Hodge - Hwang
Jimenez

Not necessarily who I want to see, but I think he will save Traoré and RAN for impact subs as we flag in second half.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad that RAN may be fit, was a bit worried he'd be out for a while when he was holding his groin. No point risking Podence, Moutinho or Costa imo. Give the game time to Hodge, Guedes and Raul.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad that RAN may be fit, was a bit worried he'd be out for a while when he was holding his groin. No point risking Podence, Moutinho or Costa imo. Give the game time to Hodge, Guedes and Raul.
guedes and cunha for me

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of like to go as strong as possible but without risking anyone who’s carrying a knock ideally.

Issue there is that means not starting RAN or Podence which means putting someone on the left like Hwang or Guedes who is better centrally.

Also Traore played the full 90 and looked dead on his feet at the end so may be better coming off the bench and kept fresher for West Ham

With that in mind I’d actually be tempted to go with a back 3 for Forest, I know it’s seen as more defensive but it may suit the players we have available better.

Forest:

Sa
Collins Kilman Toti
Semedo Neves Nunes Bueno
Cuhna Jimenez Guedes​

Hodge for one of the CM’s and then Traore, Hwang and Podence to replace the front 3 to keep things fresh. RAN off the bench for a CB and go back 4 if we’re chasing or Jonny for a CB / Bueno if we’re doing okay.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of like to go as strong as possible but without risking anyone who’s carrying a knock ideally.

Issue there is that means not starting RAN or Podence which means putting someone on the left like Hwang or Guedes who is better centrally.

Also Traore played the full 90 and looked dead on his feet at the end so may be better coming off the bench and kept fresher for West Ham

With that in mind I’d actually be tempted to go with a back 3 for Forest, I know it’s seen as more defensive but it may suit the players we have available better.

Forest:

Sa
Collins Kilman Toti
Semedo Neves Nunes Bueno
Cuhna Jimenez Guedes​

Hodge for one of the CM’s and then Traore, Hwang and Podence to replace the front 3 to keep things fresh. RAN off the bench for a CB and go back 4 if we’re chasing or Jonny for a CB / Bueno if we’re doing okay.

I'd sooner stick to the 4231/442 we used v Liverpool

Sa
Hodge Neves

Then any combination of front 4 JL wants.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd sooner stick to the 4231/442 we used v Liverpool

Sa
Hodge Neves

Then any combination of front 4 JL wants.
I agree in theory, the 4-4-2 we played would be my choice if everyone is available. But as I said in the post, if RAN and Podence aren’t available then who plays on the left? Hwang or Guedes are the most likely options but neither play as well out wide.

That’s why I’d potentially favour a 3-4-3 with Bueno offering the width meaning the front 3 play narrower. This then makes Traore a bit less effective but as he played the full 90 against Liverpool I wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the bench for this one anyway.

If everyone is fit and without considering any more additions I’d be quite interested to see us consider the 4-4-2 more, I’d especially like to see this side:

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman RAN
Traore Neves Nunes Neto
Cunha Guedes​

At the moment though with Neto unavailable and RAN with a knock that leaves us limited on the left in terms of players who are actually suited to the role.

3-4-3 or 4-3-3 for me tomorrow and then perhaps revisit the 4-4-2 against West Ham if fitness allows.

stevev53

Reaction score
Whoever the manager picks tomorrow can we please not have a repeat of the doom and gloom merchants posting on Saturday which was quite frankly embarrassing

Back
Top Bottom