Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Coventry 1/4 Final

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Options a plenty for this game with all the players we have left.

Do we go

Sa
Semedo Kilman Bueno Toti RAN
Gomes Lemina Doyle
Sarabia Fraser

Or

Sa
Semedo Kilman Bueno Toti
Doyle Gomes
Sarabia Lemina RAN
Fraser

Or perhaps

Sa
Kilman Bueno Toti
Semedo Doyle Gomes RAN
Lemina Fraser Sarabia

Or

Sa
Semedo Kilman Bueno Toti
Semedo Doyle gomes
Sarabia Fraser RAN

Rowzed

Reaction score
Options a plenty for this game with all the players we have left.

Do we go

Sa
Semedo Kilman Bueno Toti RAN
Gomes Lemina Doyle
Sarabia Fraser

Or

Sa
Semedo Kilman Bueno Toti
Doyle Gomes
Sarabia Lemina RAN
Fraser

Or perhaps

Sa
Kilman Bueno Toti
Semedo Doyle Gomes RAN
Lemina Fraser Sarabia

Or

Sa
Semedo Kilman Bueno Toti
Semedo Doyle gomes
Sarabia Fraser RAN
Semedo, he’s here, there everywhere it seems :)

Rowzed

Reaction score
We definitely have to start our strongest 11 available imo. Semi final of the FA Cup at stake and I don’t think GON will take it lightly. No way can I see Cunha, Neto or Bellegarde being involved, so our strongest 11 imo is:

Sa
Semedo
Kilman
Dawson
Toti
RAN
Gomes
Lemina
Doyle
Sarabia
Fraser

Subs bench is going to be very weak, attacking wise:
Doc
S Bueno
H Beno
Traore
N Lemina
Chirewa
+ A N Others

Cunha and Neto will have 3 weeks treatment before our next match (assuming they withdraw from their country’s international matches) and Channy the same. Worried about Bellegarde injury, though, which was his knee and didn’t sound very promising after yesterdays game.

Just get everyone fit for the semi final and the League run in. Still so much to play for.
Bellegarde a big concern, knees that are injured that way are generally very serious
None of the front 3 will join their national teams with those injuries, even if nearly fit.
Unusually we won’t have many away

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same team as Saturday other than the injuries.

Toti in for Neto, with Ait Nouri pushed further on.

Doyle in for Bellegarde.

It was actually Lemina that took up more of the Bellegarde role once Doyle came on, popping up quite advanced on the left quite a few times, with Doyle and Gomes staying deeper.

Ait-Nouri played well in the Neto role from the right.

I'd start with that. 4-5-1 on paper, but Ait-Nouri, Sarabia and Lemina the more advanced midfielders. Out of everyone who is left they have the ability to affect the game the most further up the field.

Sa

Semedo---S. Bueno---Kilman---Toti

Doyle---Gomes

Ait-Nouri---Sarabia---Lemina

Fraser​

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Due to the injuries - I can see another Albion type performance, where we rope-a-dope them into all the early possession and offence and let their adrenaline wear down and tired limbs take over and then we pick them off - just not sure who takes over the Neto/Cunha roles for this.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Due to the injuries - I can see another Albion type performance, where we rope-a-dope them into all the early possession and offence and let their adrenaline wear down and tired limbs take over and then we pick them off - just not sure who takes over the Neto/Cunha roles for this.

Whisper it, but it could be Cunha taking over the Cunha role!

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo
Kilman
Bueno
Toti
Doherty

Lemina
Gomes

Sarabia
Fraser
RAN

Would of course start Cunha and Bellegarde if either fit, shuffling RAN back/Fraser out if so, but feels unlikely.

We would rip these apart with any two of Neto, Cunha and Hwang playing. To be missing them all is a great shame. We should still have enough but no doubt it'll give them confidence that they can come and beat us. Will be a good game.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The team that started the 2nd half on Saturday would be fine with me. I thought Bueno played well defensively and his passing seemed crisper than Dawsons.

Saturday will be about mindset. We got complacent vs Ipswich and got burned, we started slowly vs the **** but it was relatively comfortable after that. If we’re switched on and at 100% we should be too good for them. Yes they’ve got to the quarter final but the draw has been kind. We did similar when we were in the Championship, get a nice draw, play a premier league in the early rounds who were a bit complacent and next you’re in the 6th round. Then you get drawn against a Premier Club who are now serious and we get outclassed. Think Chelsea under Turner or Southampton (I think) in the noughties both of whom we thought we could beat and didn’t lay a hand on them. However good Coventry are they will not have played against a midfield of our quality in the Championship, nor played against players like Sarabia etc. Even with the 4 out injured the likes of RAN can twist the blood of international fullbacks in the EPL. If we’re complacent though, we may well lose.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don´t understand why people go for Santiago Bueno.
Daws is a better player and he will most probably be fit for Coventry.
No way I go four at the back.It simply doesn´t work for us and no more proof is needed.

Sa
Semedo-Daws-Kilman-Toti-Doherty
Gomes-Lemina
Sarabia-Fraser-RAN

More than enough quality in this lineup to beat Coventry.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd go

Sa
Kilman S Bueno T Gomes
Semedo J Gomes M Lemina H Bueno
Sarabia Fraser RAN

Proper bare bones, can see Doherty starting at left back but I'd go with Hugo and chuck Doc on later if the formation needs a tweak
Actually the exact same team I was about to post. Only caveat being if anyone was even near the red zone with their fitness then just use someone else

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take from the opposition. They seem realistic. #27 is interesting. RAN seems to concern them....

I'd pretty much agree with what I read there. We should have too much for them, even missing key players, but we have an off day and/or the footballing gods are with Coventry, stranger things have happened

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will this game have a replay?
Or does it ET and pens on Saturday?

This could influence how Coventry line up and play, ie if they can get the replay they may sit deep and go for the draw.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don´t understand why people go for Santiago Bueno.
Daws is a better player and he will most probably be fit for Coventry.
No way I go four at the back.It simply doesn´t work for us and no more proof is needed.

Sa
Semedo-Daws-Kilman-Toti-Doherty
Gomes-Lemina
Sarabia-Fraser-RAN

More than enough quality in this lineup to beat Coventry.
Dawson has been great for us since he came in but I haven't seen any drop off when Bueno has replaced him, Dawson is what 33-34? We need to start getting Bueno in the team more.
I'm in no way writing Coventry off but if we can't cope with a few different personnel and/or playing 4 atb, then we have a problem.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd pretty much agree with what I read there. We should have too much for them, even missing key players, but we have an off day and/or the footballing gods are with Coventry, stranger things have happened
That sounds about right. Very different to most of the rubbish written by Boggies before we played them.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dawson has been great for us since he came in but I haven't seen any drop off when Bueno has replaced him, Dawson is what 33-34? We need to start getting Bueno in the team more.
I'm in no way writing Coventry off but if we can't cope with a few different personnel and/or playing 4 atb, then we have a problem.
Quarterfinal of the FA Cup isn´t the right timing to give someone playingtime just because of age.
Best team plays for me,and this means Daws..who is the regular starter ahead of Santiago this season anyways.
I´m not for playing anyone worse over anyone better just because of age under any circumstances.
Best eleven players should play..and if someone is beyond 50 then so be it..way it goes it will happen sooner or later since there is more and more players still upholding their qualities beyond 35.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever happens on Saturday I just hope Cov replace the scum in the play-off places by the end of the season!

It's win-win-win for me. They either:

1 - Lose out on the playoffs all together which would be hilarious
2 - We get to see them crying on TV when they lose in the playoffs
3 - They come up, we get the BCD back and a guarateed 6 points.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take it nobody has clocked it's fa cup final day 25th May and championship play off final on Sunday 26th .....could be a busy weekend in London..

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know what you mean but I would start Hugo over Doc. Doc is good at closing the game down
Yea I nearly went with Hugo. I’m also thinking a back 4 again but I’ve literally got no idea what’s best, especially if we’ve got Fraser up front.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take it nobody has clocked it's fa cup final day 25th May and championship play off final on Sunday 26th .....could be a busy weekend in London..
Nice bit of weekend business for the bars to charge over inflated prices for beer out of a plastic glass and hoteliers to offer premium rates.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice bit of weekend business for the bars to charge over inflated prices for beer out of a plastic glass and hoteliers to offer premium rates.
I was thinking of me coming out and me hotel room at 11am to check out on the Sunday to be greeted by a few Albion waiting to check in.....

Or getting to Euston and it's swarming with em...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom