Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Coventry 1/4 Final

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Was it the same leg ?
Apparently not. I mean if a player is coming back from an injury in one hamstring and then complains of tightness in that hamstring and then you want to see if he's OK to play, do you scan both hamstrings?

Paris Wolf

Reaction score
I can't see why anyone is picking Hugo Bueno to start when he's had five starts all season and hasn't been in the starting XI since I don't know when (someone with a matchday programme will be able to tell me).

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
I wouldn't be risking Cunha in our current predicament, maybe a place on the bench for him if available. I'd also bring in Doc and play RAN further forward.

Sa
Semedo Kilman Bueno Toti Doherty
Lemina Doyle
Sarabia Fraser RAN

Bentley
Gomes
Cunha
Dawson
Traore
H Bueno
+ kids

Just gotta get through this one and take stock. No reason why that team can't beat Coventry.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't be risking Cunha in our current predicament, maybe a place on the bench for him if available. I'd also bring in Doc and play RAN further forward.

Sa
Semedo Kilman Bueno Toti Doherty
Lemina Doyle
Sarabia Fraser RAN

Bentley
Gomes
Cunha
Dawson
Traore
H Bueno
+ kids

Just gotta get through this one and take stock. No reason why that team can't beat Coventry.
Why would drop João who was epic today and start Doc? I don't get it!

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not going to happen but just have a bee in my bonnet that Traore hasn’t been given a fair chance to show what he can do.

Sa
S Bueno, Kilman, Toti
Semedo, Gomes, Traore, Doyle, RAN
Sarabia Lemina

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think our injury situation means we’re looking for unlikely heroes.

Absolutely zero logic to this but I see a world where we win from Dawson (if fit) scoring off a corner or Doherty tapping in at the back post.

It’s harsh on S. Bueno but our lack of goal threat means we have to play to any tiny margins we have and Dawson is someone who had chipped in over the years.

Sa
Kilman, Dawson, Toti
Semedo, Gomes, Lemina, Doherty
Sarabia, Fraser, Ait-Nouri

Just try and scrape through by whatever means necessary.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Doc
Kilman
Bueno
Toti
Nouri

Lemina
Doyle
Traore

Fraser
Sarabia

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think our injury situation means we’re looking for unlikely heroes.

Absolutely zero logic to this but I see a world where we win from Dawson (if fit) scoring off a corner or Doherty tapping in at the back post.

It’s harsh on S. Bueno but our lack of goal threat means we have to play to any tiny margins we have and Dawson is someone who had chipped in over the years.

Sa
Kilman, Dawson, Toti
Semedo, Gomes, Lemina, Doherty
Sarabia, Fraser, Ait-Nouri

Just try and scrape through by whatever means necessary.

That team is worth circa £250 m , scrape through ?

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The high press and intensity of Lemina & RAN ( which we were forced into should kill Coventry?

Sa

Kilman Dawson Toti

Semedo Doyle Gomes RAN

Mario

Sarabia Fraser

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That team is worth circa £250 m , scrape through ?

Yes. I think it’s going to be extremely difficult for us to beat Coventry due to our attacking options. My team includes a left-back in the front three and an 18-y/o.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be tempted to rest Gomes. He's looked right on the limit for a few games now.
Must admit i feel the same
Although he was great yesterday i was purposely watching him the whole game
He pulled up 3 times and was holding his hamstring left leg i think
He also plastered his thigh with linament when he could
Theres no doubt in my mind he was carrying an injury yesterday,it may well be minor but he was feeling it no doubt
Sometimes players can be too brave for their own good

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must admit i feel the same
Although he was great yesterday i was purposely watching him the whole game
He pulled up 3 times and was holding his hamstring left leg i think
He also plastered his thigh with linament when he could
Theres no doubt in my mind he was carrying an injury yesterday,it may well be minor but he was feeling it no doubt
Sometimes players can be too brave for their own good
Interesting. If so l agree that benching him might be sensible.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
‐--‐---------Sa
Semedo S.Beuno Kilman Toti
‐-------Traore Doyle
N.Lemina Sarabia AIT-Nouri
-----------Fraser

Obviously, I want us to win, but with so many players in the red physically, we have to use everyone available, with the big guns like M.Lemina etc coming off the bench.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
‐--‐---------Sa
Semedo S.Beuno Kilman Toti
‐-------Traore Doyle
N.Lemina Sarabia AIT-Nouri
-----------Fraser

Obviously, I want us to win, but with so many players in the red physically, we have to use everyone available, with the big guns like M.Lemina etc coming off the bench.
Not playing lemina n Gomes in a game of this importance would be criminal..especially with our forwards missing...I get what you are saying ..but please No .....

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not playing lemina n Gomes in a game of this importance would be criminal..especially with our forwards missing...I get what you are saying ..but please No .....
Fair play, but nowt criminal about it imo. Gomes was hobbling during the second-half against fulham, to the point where he needed attention from our medical staff, and I trust our excellent midfield squad to give M.Lemina a 60-70 min rest, if needed later.
Also Neto had a injury against Newcastle, O'neil said he was fine all week, including clear on the xrays, then picks up a serious injury the very next game when he's back in the battle.
We need to trust our squad, even in a massive game like a quarter-final. Then those rested players can come back fully firing in the semis.
If Gomes is ok through the week, then we lose him during the coventry game with a serious injury, that would be criminal imo.

Last edited:

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha shouldn't be anywhere near the team for this one as he can't be 100% yet, I'd also leave out Gomes and Lemina they both look knackered.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Why would drop João who was epic today and start Doc? I don't get it!
I'm using the squad.. Gomes has had a couple of fitness issues recently and this is an opportunity to give him a proper rest. We have an excellent replacement in Doyle who might also be better suited to unlocking a Coventry who may be looking to sit back and soak up pressure. Doc is just standing in for RAN who pushed forward due to the lack of other options.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm using the squad.. Gomes has had a couple of fitness issues recently and this is an opportunity to give him a proper rest. We have an excellent replacement in Doyle who might also be better suited to unlocking a Coventry who may be looking to sit back and soak up pressure. Doc is just standing in for RAN who pushed forward due to the lack of other options.
If Cov have any pace up front, which they do, playing Doc is a lottery. Personally l'd rather play Hugo. I take your point about João but Cov will be physical l imagine.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1 Week rest to coventry and then a 2 week break after that.

I'd make only minor changes. We'll only regret it. Get the job done so we can all have a good day at Wembley.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s been called up for Brazil so he won’t be getting much rest even if we rest him

Even more reason to give him a free week imo. We have Doyle and Traore. CM is the one place we have depth enough to afford to rest someone.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play, but nowt criminal about it imo. Gomes was hobbling during the second-half against fulham, to the point where he needed attention from our medical staff, and I trust our excellent midfield squad to give M.Lemina a 60-70 min rest, if needed later.
Also Neto had a injury against Newcastle, O'neil said he was fine all week, including clear on the xrays, then picks up a serious injury the very next game when he's back in the battle.
We need to trust our squad, even in a massive game like a quarter-final. Then those rested players can come back fully firing in the semis.
If Gomes is ok through the week, then we lose him during the coventry game with a serious injury, that would be criminal imo.
Gomes got a kick....Fulham player trod on him basically...impact injury...

With the current lack of forward options to remove the drive and determination of Lemina and Gomes would massively impact us in my opinion...it was drive and determination that got us through Fulham, Brentford and Brighton with our lack of options...for me those players are at the forefront of it.....

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Full weeks rest now. Let’s see what the medical department can do…
With the amount of hamstring injuries we are getting, they should be experts in their treatment.

A full week to work on Cunha, Channy and Pedro and find the virus that is causing the problem.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd go

Sa
Kilman S Bueno T Gomes
Semedo J Gomes M Lemina H Bueno
Sarabia Fraser RAN

Proper bare bones, can see Doherty starting at left back but I'd go with Hugo and chuck Doc on later if the formation needs a tweak

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We definitely have to start our strongest 11 available imo. Semi final of the FA Cup at stake and I don’t think GON will take it lightly. No way can I see Cunha, Neto or Bellegarde being involved, so our strongest 11 imo is:

Sa
Semedo
Kilman
Dawson
Toti
RAN
Gomes
Lemina
Doyle
Sarabia
Fraser

Subs bench is going to be very weak, attacking wise:
Doc
S Bueno
H Beno
Traore
N Lemina
Chirewa
+ A N Others

Cunha and Neto will have 3 weeks treatment before our next match (assuming they withdraw from their country’s international matches) and Channy the same. Worried about Bellegarde injury, though, which was his knee and didn’t sound very promising after yesterdays game.

Just get everyone fit for the semi final and the League run in. Still so much to play for.

Back
Top Bottom