Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Bristol City

S

Salopian

Ruddy is not a top level keeper! He was prone to mistakes even last year, with plenty of folk arguing for us to replace him with Norris. I concede that his performance at the end at Cardiff was heroic.

Patricio is top-drawer.... only his distribution lets him down, otherwise he'd be at a Madrid/Utd/Liverpool/PSG type club.

D

Deleted member 8913

Manure were on a great run but couldn’t make the step up to PSG.

Bristol may be premiership next season so it would be stupid to underestimate them to give fringe players a run out...

We have to play our best available team...

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay, but by that argument Miranda is better than Bennet, coz he cost more.
Or Jo Heart is better than Patricio coz he has won the premier league....

Nothing about cost, but 77 Caps, European Champion, arguably Portugals best ever keeper, Numerous Champions League/Europa league appearances and just a general reputation of been a fantastic keeper, yet his only slightly better then Ruddy. This overall ruddy/patricio debate is comical.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say Traore is running out of chances.
If he's selected and fluffs his lines again then he may as well get his agent to find him a new club.

Anybody else you'd deliver a P45 to, rather than back them as a "Wolves player".

D

Deleted member 5242

I'd say Traore is running out of chances.
If he's selected and fluffs his lines again then he may as well get his agent to find him a new club.

Played well against Shrewsbury and has improved overall in recent weeks.

i'd say if anything he is putting himself in contention

The difficulty is now that we play 352 so there is no wide forward

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm surprised at the number of people putting Traore in a 2 in place of Jota if Jota isn't fit.

To me if Traore plays it has to be on the right of a 3 so we either play a front 3 of Traore, Jimenez, Cav and lose a midfielder or we continue with a 2 and he misses out and we play Cav alongside Jimenez.

I wouldn't be against 3-4-3, it was rarely an issue last season in the championship and as good as Bristol's recent run has been, they're still a Championship side. We struggled with it against Shrewsbury because of the players within it, not the formation itself in my opinion. A midfield 2 made up of any 2 from Neves, Moutinho and Dendoncker should be good enough on Sunday.

If we'd have started Jimenez in place of any of the front 3 who started against Shrewsbury, and had played even just one of Neves/Moutinho/Dendoncker in the midfield 2 I feel we'd have had far more control over that game and won much more comfortably.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If, as reported, Nuno refuses to change his plans in order to give squad players a game then I will be disappointed. If he picks a strong team from those available I believe that we will win, otherwise it could go either way.

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruddy
Bennett Coady Boly
Doherty Dendonker Neves Saiss Vinagre
Raul Cav

B

Bristol City Visitor

Hi guys - I hope you don’t mind me popping over :)
We have our own thread on this Team for Wolves

My heart wants revenge for the defeat at Ashton Gate last season, but my head says we need to concentrate on our promotion push, so field a team of youngsters.
The double would be nice though!
Anyway, glad to see a team we can score 3+ against is holding their own in the Prem - hope we can face you in the league next season!!!!

LG Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would imagine it will be the same side that started the replay v Shrewsbury, nothing Nuno has ever done suggests it'll be anything different. That side would be good enough to beat Bristol City, whether they do on the day or not is a different matter.

I know plenty of Bristol City fans and they are treating this as a real shot to nothing, which could make them dangerous. Tough game, but I think we will just sneak it.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno played his first team against Liverpool (apart from keeper). Played more squad players against Shrewsbury as they’re two leagues below. This will be first team apart from two-three players max IMO. Ruddy, Saiss and Gibbs-White for Patricio, Moutinho and probably Dendoncker.

If Saiss and MGW play they HAVE to have a third with them whether it’s Neves or someone else. In a pair they’ll get run all over the shop like they did in the first half of the replay.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi guys - I hope you don’t mind me popping over :)
We have our own thread on this Team for Wolves

My heart wants revenge for the defeat at Ashton Gate last season, but my head says we need to concentrate on our promotion push, so field a team of youngsters.
The double would be nice though!
Anyway, glad to see a team we can score 3+ against is holding their own in the Prem - hope we can face you in the league next season!!!!

Will be a very interesting game on Sunday. Very tough game for us. Your team is doing very well again. I think you will certainly finish in a play off position.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bristol City nearly got us last season tbf, they're a good team and on a run. I'd still like us to go 3-4-3 with: Ruddy, the back 3,Vinagre and Jonny in WB, Saiss, Moutinho in middle and Cav-Adama-Costa up front.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Horrible suspicion that it will be a minimum of six changes. Bristol City are a cracking cup team of late, on a roll of eight or so consecutive wins and my outsiders to get to the final.

Even with our best available X1 I reckon they will turn us over.
SUICIDE watch, ALERT ALERT !:p

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Horrible suspicion that it will be a minimum of six changes. Bristol City are a cracking cup team of late, on a roll of eight or so consecutive wins and my outsiders to get to the final.

Even with our best available X1 I reckon they will turn us over.

Could hardly click on "like" but have the self-same suspicion Im sorry to say!
So has to be best our possible team and playing at their absolute best to stand any chance. "How much do we want it?" is the key- and despite the apparent opportunity on offer I suspect "not enough" will prove to be the answer.

D

Deleted member 4099

Nuno played his first team against Liverpool (apart from keeper). Played more squad players against Shrewsbury as they’re two leagues below. This will be first team apart from two-three players max IMO. Ruddy, Saiss and Gibbs-White for Patricio, Moutinho and probably Dendoncker.

If Saiss and MGW play they HAVE to have a third with them whether it’s Neves or someone else. In a pair they’ll get run all over the shop like they did in the first half of the replay.

I hope so.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope Nuno plays his strongest possible first team.
However, I haven't heard or read anyone who's opinions on football I respect, say or think he will.

Hopeful 11;

------------Ruddy

-------Bennett Coady Boly

Doherty Neves Dendonker Jonny
-----------Moutinho

--------Raul------ Jota

My 2nd 11;

----------Ruddy

-----Bennett Coady Boly

Doherty Neves Saiss Vinagre

---------Gibbs White

---------Adama Raul

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Can we all agree that Raul has to start? We looked poor away to Shrewsbury until he came in.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It´s more a matter of that the whole best team of ours should start this game.
I cannot understand why people continue to put our back up keeper in their starting elevens.
There is a reason why Rui and Raul starts every time for us when league play is concerned.
I believe we better start adopt the same mindset when it comes to the FA Cup.

If we potentially goes out because Ruddy is playing instead of Rui,then there will be widespread disappointment around..and rightly so IMO.

This is the fifth round.The time for rotations and experiment has gone now.

Let´s just give ourselves the best possible chance we can to go as far as we can.We owe it to ourselves.

Best team please..if we don´t play that we will have deserved to go out if we lose.

At this stage in the tournament,and looking at the teams left..that would hurt.Raul and Rui to start.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ennis not involved for the U23s last night, so should be on the bench again. Hopefully we are comfortable and he can get some real game time in the 2nd half.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Best team possible, including Rui, only change should be is for Jota if injured we have another 6 days till bournemouth

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Jota out, are we going with traore out of postion or back to 3 up top and risk being overrun?

S

ShropshireLad

Given all of the evidence about what a thick **** he was and is l just can't believe he was ever manager of our club. For that alone Morgan deserves eternal damnation...
Morgan's reason for hiring him was that he'd never laughed so much for ages when in his company. Yeah...a bundle of laughs wasn't he? Mind you, after Solbakken even an undertaker would appear comical.

Anyhow, they'd "never met at a golf club or anything like that...they hadn't even met each other except for once at Wrexham three years earlier."

Yeah, right. It wasn't as though they were reasonably close neighbours (both off the A41) with a golf course between where they lived...nothing like that, eh, Dean!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan's reason for hiring him was that he'd never laughed so much for ages when in his company. Yeah...a bundle of laughs wasn't he? Mind you, after Solbakken even an undertaker would appear comical.

Anyhow, they'd "never met at a golf club or anything like that...they hadn't even met each other except for once at Wrexham three years earlier."

Yeah, right. It wasn't as though they were reasonably close neighbours (both off the A41) with a golf course between where they lived...nothing like that, eh, Dean!
I would like to shove his golf clubs, one at a time, where the sun doesn't shine lol.
Actually l'd do that to either Clownders or Moron...

Wswolf

Reaction score
If we rotate we lose its that simple bristol city are a good team and have knocked out alot of prem teams over the last 2 seasons. Play the strongest 11 we can win the game by 60 mins then take off the likes of neves jimenez moutinho.
If we get knocked out playing a strong side then fair enough he tried but if he weakens it and we lose we might aswell give up on the season as we are safe so what are we playing for. Would be a **** take on the fans

justfriggin

Reaction score
Whats with all this giving Patricio a day off. He's not exactly overworked. Also, Gibbs White, Traore Costa and Cav have hardly set this competition alight. I think we may well be replicating Liverpools disjointed attempt to progress in this competition.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it was me, I'd be looking at:

Patricio
Bennett Coady Boly
Doherty Neves Dendoncker Jonny
Moutinho
Jimenez Jota
This is the very definition of a 'tricky cup tie'. We have to give ourselves the best chance of going through, and for me that means playing as strong a team as possible. The players who came into the side for Shrewsbury (Ruddy, Giles, Gibbs-White, Costa etc) were arguably our poorest performers in those two games. Listen, it's the FA Cup, so we could play our strongest available side and still get knocked out. But if we made 5 or 6 changes and lost, there would be a lot of frustration amongst the fans. Like I say, we need to give ourselves the best chance of getting through.
Based on that selection I Wish you was picking the team

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strongest team but with Ruddy and ennis in for Rui and Jota.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Is Jota definitely out of tomorrows game?
If there’s any doubt Nuno won’t risk him. I’d say he’s unlikely to play but you never know.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
bit of training before the bristol game. boly looking distinctly cool.
boly.jpg

D

Deleted member 4184

Ruddy
Bennett
Coady
Saiss
Doherty
Vinagre
Neves
Dendoncker
Moutinho