Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Brighton (a)

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's slightly too early but I do think we're safe now, looking at the upswing that would be needed for us to get dragged back into it.

With that in mind, I think it's time to start seeing other players to see where we're at come the summer.

Would love to see Bentley, Collins, Ait-Nouri, Neto, Adama get some regular minutes over the next five games, but Brighton may be a step too far to change it too much.

Sa

Semedo
Collins
Dawson
Bueno

Nunes
Neves
Lemina
Neto

Cunha

Costa

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's slightly too early but I do think we're safe now, looking at the upswing that would be needed for us to get dragged back into it.

With that in mind, I think it's time to start seeing other players to see where we're at come the summer.

Would love to see Bentley, Collins, Ait-Nouri, Neto, Adama get some regular minutes over the next five games, but Brighton may be a step too far to change it too much.

Sa

Semedo
Collins
Dawson
Bueno

Nunes
Neves
Lemina
Neto

Cunha

Costa
Bentley can maybe get arsenal and thats a baptism of fire, but i think JL will stuck to guns untill mathematically we are safe.

Rani doubt will get any more minutes this year and Raul, both probably not in squad.

Id like to see boubacar given minutes tbh as a rotation adoption with the pitbull.

People who need most minutes are neto,

Traore is off, he wont renew so i loathe putitng any more minutes in his tank, rather support what will be here next year

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bentley can maybe get arsenal and thats a baptism of fire, but i think JL will stuck to guns untill mathematically we are safe.

Rani doubt will get any more minutes this year and Raul, both probably not in squad.

Id like to see boubacar given minutes tbh as a rotation adoption with the pitbull.

Traore is off, he wont renew so i loathe putitng any more minutes in his tank, rather support what will be here next year

Think Raul will get Everton at home. Maybe thinking with my heart as a fan rather than how a manager who wants points will see it. But would be a good send off.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think JL will relax enough to completely change the team he doesn't seem that sort of character. Personally I hope for good gametime for Collins, Neto and Bueno though.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I get your point, but I would rather we put out our strongest team against Arsenal and do everything we can to stop them winning the league.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Rayan is leaving, with adama I don't see the point of giving them any minutes at all....

Raul should get Everton at home ...... Bentley needs a game at some point , judge whether he is adequate back up for next season......( I have my doubts).…....but as I say we need to look at it....

Bueno should get every minute possible from nw till the end.....and Collins should be looked at in at least a game.,..

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Rayan is leaving, with adama I don't see the point of giving them any minutes at all....

Raul should get Everton at home ...... Bentley needs a game at some point , judge whether he is adequate back up for next season......( I have my doubts).…....but as I say we need to look at it....

Bueno should get every minute possible from nw till the end.....and Collins should be looked at in at least a game.,..
Completely agree with this.

No point in adam or ran getting minutes if both are off

Raul should get a swan swong, bentley needs looking at.

And collins certainly needs more time

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo, Dawson, Kilman, Bueno
Nunes, Gomes, Neves, Neto
Sarabia
Costa

Neto for Hwang and give Cunha and Lemina (and his hamstring) a rest.

Possibly Collins for Kilman if Max is struggling with a niggle.

mschnbch

Reaction score
Adama and raul subbed on at the 70' mark against Everton. They have done so much together it seems fitting they go out together

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Collins Dawson Kilman Bueno
Nunes Neves Gomes
Cunha Costa​

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
------------------Sa-------------------
-Semedo---Dawson----Kilman---Bueno-
------------Neves------Gomes----------
-Sarabia---------Cunha-------------Neto--
-----------------Costa------------------

Subs: Bentley, Collins, Toti, Lemina,Moutinho, Nunes, Hwang, Traore, Podence

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
First things first. We are safe. The bookies now have us at 250/1 to go down, which means the real odds are 300/1. Whatever Julen and the players say, they all know that - and hopefully that will see us play with more freedom and flair in the last 5 games. Absolutely certain we're not going to finish on 37 points and that we'll take something from one or more of the tough games.
Clearly the players that are going deserve a chance to say goodbye - but there's going to be a bloody lot of them. For now the only change I'd make is Neto for Hwang although as someone has said, Gomes for Lemina if ML needs a break.
Really excited to see the last five games of the season as I think they'll be a good indicator of what we can expect next season.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stick with the 4-4-2 formation, we'll need to be as compact as possible. I'm not expecting anything from this game as we've lacked the strong mentality and character required to do well on the road this season so anything would be a bonus.

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Bueno
Nunes Lemina Neves Sarabia
Costa Cunha

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, we shouldn't be talking of resting players or whatever else. We know from last season's experience that finishing the season poorly hardly sets you up well for preseason and the next campaign, not to mention potential financial benefits in finishing as high as possible.

Foot needs to stay on the gas and I'm sure Lopetegui thinks the same.

T

TheConcourse

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Bueno
Neves Gomes
Lemina Nunes
Cunha Costa

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
Is Gomes suspended? Just rewatching the game and it says misses next game after he picked up a yellow last night.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember Carragher recently did a piece on Brighton on MNF and in terms of the metrics for possession and build-up, they're actually comparable to Manchester City and Arsenal. Guardiola recently said they were the best at getting the ball to the forward areas in the world.

So, you get the point, they're class. Where they fall down is they don't have the star quality everywhere in the final third like other sides do, even if they some quality players.

Anyway, with that in mind, I'd play a back three.

We need to accept we're coming up against a brilliant side and we won't be able to take them on. A 4-4-2 will leave too many spaces IMO, I'd roll back the years and go Nuno-esque. Sit back, soak up the pressure and there should be space on the break.

Sa
Semedo, Collins, Dawson, Kilman, Bueno
Nunes, Neves, Lemina
Traore, Cunha

I can see Costa getting hugely frustrated, so use him from the bench, also three games in a week may be a bit much for him.

Go back to a 4-4-2 against Villa.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If it's £2m a place and we hope to do wonderful things in the close season iro new players, each of those places is pure treasure, thus I don't expect to see much by way of 'sightseeing experiences', and I suspect nor will Fosun's accountants. :)

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Although not mathematically safe, in reality 37 points will be safe.

The teams below us have 5 or 6 games left. Southampton are pretty much gone, with Everton, Forest, Leeds and Leicester being between 7-9 points behind us. These 5 clubs have only won 3 games between them over the last 5 rounds of fixtures, and it would take 3 of those 4 teams to win at least 3 of their remaining 5/6 games, along with Bournemouth and West Ham gaining 4-5 more points than us over the same period, for us to have any chance of being relegated. Which won't happen, so relax, folks. :sunglasses:

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not safe yet and should be fielding best team to get points. Bueno played himself back into team after Palace game. Otherwise side picks itself other than Hwang.

Sa
Semedo Kilman Dawson Bueno
Nunes Lemina Neves Neto
Cunha
Costa

Subs Bentley Collins Toti Moutinho Gomes Traore Hwang Sarabia Podence

No place for Traore, Jonny, RAN or Raul

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not to suggest he should start or anything, but I wonder if B Traore could play a similar role on the right of midfield as Nunes has been?
Would be a way to start giving him some game time towards the end of matches without changing shape.

Back
Top Bottom