Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Bournemouth

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will be without Semedo and Lemina due to suspension.

I'd keep the shape the same and bring in Doc and Traore.

Sa

Kilman--Dawson--Toti

Doc--Traore--Gomes--Ait Nouri

Neto--Cunha--Hwang
Dawson on 4 yellows now too, we are bottom of the fair play table again!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will be without Semedo and Lemina due to suspension.

I'd keep the shape the same and bring in Doc and Traore.

Sa

Kilman--Dawson--Toti

Doc--Traore--Gomes--Ait Nouri

Neto--Cunha--Hwang
Dawson on 4 yellows now too, we are bottom of the fair play table again!
I’d be tempted to put Sasa in for Cunha if he’s fully fit by then.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do wonder whether he’ll go for four at the back and bring in Bellegarde to play behind Cunha. With Gomes and Traore playing the holding midfield role.

My worry would be Doc replacing Semedo as there will be a drop off so the 5 may stay.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big test of Gary's credentials here.

He's had a good amount of time with the lads now. Does he stick with 5 or go to a 4?

Personally I think he should stick with the 5. I think Doc for Semedo will be an attacking move.

Wouldn't be disappointed if we went with 4 at the back and Bellegarde in the AM role, though.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope we stay with 5 at the back
We have looked so much better with that formation
We looked too open in a 4 and were conceding far too many, the 5 has given us a better balance.

We are not going to outscore teams with this squad, so need to keep things tight at the back and then rely on the brilliance of Neto and the sharp eye for goal of Hwang.

Also, we've got 3 CBs on the pitch, all big blokes.....would be nice to see them pitch in on set pieces too. We should be offering more of a threat on them, alas, some of the deliveries on corners yesterday were very poor from Neto. Needs to be better.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea with this at all. We’ve said that a back 5 doesn’t have to be permanent and horses for courses might be a sensible approach. But GON won’t have much time with some of the players because they’re away so he might go for the 343 again. If so, I’d go with the same as most on here with Doc and Traore in as straight swaps for the suspensions.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
really want to see bellegarde, but may see the same 5 atb

Doc comes straight in on the right, and likely traore in for lemina.

I wouldnt mind seeing bellegarde in for lemina even in the 5, just to link play tbh with bournemouth less of a threat compared to city/villa

Gomes can still shield

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
RB is a real issue for me. Would like to see us going back to a 4, but Doc as RB in a 4 is scary. Same problem as no Lemina. So reluctantly thinking stay with the 5.

..........................Sa
......Kilman...Dawson....Toti
Doc.....Gomes...... Traore.......RAN
.......Neto....Cunha......Hwang

Unless there's a plan for Bournemouth and

..................... Sa
Doc.......Dawson......Kilman......RAN
...........Gomes........Traore
Hwang..... Bellegarde.......Neto
.......................Cunha (I know.....)

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
really want to see bellegarde, but may see the same 5 atb

Doc comes straight in on the right, and likely traore in for lemina.

I wouldnt mind seeing bellegarde in for lemina even in the 5, just to link play tbh with bournemouth less of a threat compared to city/villa

Gomes can still shield

I agree, but think Traore has earnt his start with his recent performances

bigwolf

Reaction score
Stick to three at the back.

We look far more comfortable and means Sa doesn't have to play out from the back and give us all a heart attack.

With the ball we push doc and Ait Nouri up to pin Bournemouth back.

I'd like to see Nero and Dic playing together on the right. I think could be very dangerous. Semedo does not have the same ability as Doc in the final third.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Doherty B.Traore J.Bellegarde Jonny
Neto Hwang Cunha

The men in the middle to create. Confident we can take the win

Ait-Nouri deserves a rest

Last edited:

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same as yesterday but with Doc in for the suspended Semedo and I would go with Bellegarde for the suspended Lemina although I think he will go with Traore instead but no complaints from me if he did but I would just prefer Bellegarde

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Doherty Gomes Traore RAN
Neto Cunha Hwang
The only close shout for me being Bellegarde or Traore, but I think Boubacar deserves a start with how good he’s been coming off the bench. Bring Bellegarde on for Bouba once he picks up his obligatory yellow card!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same as yesterday but with Doc in for the suspended Semedo and I would go with Bellegarde for the suspended Lemina although I think he will go with Traore instead but no complaints from me if he did but I would just prefer Bellegarde

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Doherty Gomes Traore RAN
Neto Cunha Hwang
The only close shout for me being Bellegarde or Traore, but I think Boubacar deserves a start with how good he’s been coming off the bench. Bring Bellegarde on for Bouba once he picks up his obligatory yellow card!

I can see why a lot would be going for Bellegarde over Traore, but whether or not that's the right tactical decision, there's a big political consideration here too.

Whether you agree with Bellegarde being sent off or not, he got a 3 game ban for kicking out at an opponent. On that basis alone, with the team having picked up 4 points in the time he's been suspended, he absolutely cannot go straight back into the starting XI!

Especially as Traore has done very well in the same period and has actually only been booked once in the 7 games he's played in this season.

For a team that is bottom of the fair play league again, with needless bookings and sendings off this season already, you have to reward the player that is improving his discipline, not the one losing it, or you send out completely the wrong message to the rest of the squad.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see Bellegarde has played a fair few games as a right winger before do we think he could do a job right wingback for this game with Semedo being suspended?
I don’t think so. Doc will be fine there.
Bellegarde could come on as the right of the front 3 at some stage though, or be added to the midfield in a 352

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to stick to 3 at the back for me, but I would definitely play Hwang through the middle of the front 3 with Neto inside left and either Cunha or Bellegarde as inside right

We could also play more a 3-5-2 /3-4-1-2
With either Cunha or Bellegarde playing in the hole behind the front 2, linking and helping the midfield when necessary.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Doherty B.Traore J.Bellegarde Jonny
Neto Hwang Cunha

The men in the middle to create. Confident we can take the win

Ait-Nouri deserves a rest
Jonny? Sorry to say this but after his injuries he's a busted flush as a PL starter.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God please not 5 atb defensive football for this one.
It may not be pretty but its pretty effective
We go gung ho and even the weaker teams will cut through us
Last few games we have looked way better all over the pitch
Obviously scoring has been our downfall ,but we seem to be getting slightly better at that now
Away from home we have to play 5 atb we are not good enough not to
Maybe at home against bottom half teams we can go a bit more offensive

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bournemouth seem to like to bypass their midfield and try to get the ball up in the area of their attackers and cause chaos that way...so perhaps 5atb makes sense again...can always chase the game if need be. I do worry Bournemouth are going to be basically backs to the wall...Iraola could get fired after a bad performance imo. Could be nasty. I also think GON knows those players and their weaknesses very well (I think he has a pretty good eye for seeing what players can and cannot do), so he will likely come up with a gameplan that can hurt them.

Imo, they have very little athletic ability in the defensive middle. Run at them with Cunha and cause havoc.

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Doc Traore Gomes RAN (if healthy)
Neto Hwang Cunha

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would people want to move Hwang away from the left to put him down the middle?

Do you think playing him down the middle would all of a sudden equate to him scoring even more goals?!

He's scored 5 goals specifically because he's playing so well coming in from the left.

The front 3 is not really broken, so stop trying the fix it.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
Au contraire. I’d play with 5 at the back until we’ve assessed the calibre of the Bournemouth we’re playing on the day. If it’s obvious they’re weak, we can then go gung-ho. Turning up thinking we’ve a divine right to the three points has cost us in the past.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
Au contraire. I’d play with 5 at the back until we’ve assessed the calibre of the Bournemouth we’re playing on the day. If it’s obvious they’re weak, we can then go gung-ho. Turning up thinking we’ve a divine right to the three points has cost us in the past.
Banana skin type game for Wolves this one

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Semedo is out, i`d like to see Bellegarde in that right wing back position and Boubacar in place of Lemina.

If anyone`s got a spare ticket or two going for Bournemouth, i would love to have them.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Doherty Gomes Traore RAN
Neto Cunha Hwang
Agreed

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also depends when they return from international.

Hwang and Cunha covering some miles and usually back late.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want to see Doc play but if he must then it's in a 5.

Jonny looks broken too

It's a tough call. JRB might have some potential as a RWB

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman Dawson
Doherty Gomes Doyle RAN
Bellgarde
Neto Cunha Hwang

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would people want to move Hwang away from the left to put him down the middle?

Do you think playing him down the middle would all of a sudden equate to him scoring even more goals?!

He's scored 5 goals specifically because he's playing so well coming in from the left.

The front 3 is not really broken, so stop trying the fix it.
Baffling....we finally get a player scoring regularly from his preferred position and people want to move him......he is largely getting the chances cause he is arriving later in the box.......which he probably wouldn't do if he was centrally......there is a reason a lot of teams leading scorer tends to play wide forward.....

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
343 to start Doc and Traore in
Take the lead and see the game out 532 with subs Sasa for Cunha Bellegarde for Neto Doyle for Gomes. Very happy with a one nil win here

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Baffling....we finally get a player scoring regularly from his preferred position and people want to move him......he is largely getting the chances cause he is arriving later in the box.......which he probably wouldn't do if he was centrally......there is a reason a lot of teams leading scorer tends to play wide forward.....
Absolutely.
It’s also not uncommon to have a hard working unselfish player in the “9” role. A foil to aid the wide men; false 9 ish.

I certainly wouldn’t alter the front three atm.

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
I thought 5 at the back put us on the front foot on Saturday, as the wingbacks always looked to get forward. Even when Villa tried to play it out from the back, Ait Nouri, Semedo and Doc were regularly in front of the back 3, cutting down the space available.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nearly all our squad are best suited to a 3-4-3 / 5-2-3. Our away form with 4 at the back has been poor for over a year now with the defenders regularly getting pulled out position and not being close enough to one another and teams finding it easy to play through us.

I'd definitely be going with 3-4-3 / 5-2-3 for Bournemouth and pretty much every game outside a small number of home ones. On top of 3-4-3 suiting almost all our defenders, we have a group of midfielders who are decent at winning the ball back and launching transitions and a first-choice front 3 who can counter quickly so what's not to like.

In terms of maximising points, 3-4-3 / 5-2-3 is the way to go. Probably also in terms of performances too. To quote the great man, "It's like Coca-Cola, they never change the recipe. Diet, full sugar, no caffeine, maybe. But the recipe is always there."

Back
Top Bottom