Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Talking of comebacks

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I recall a game many years ago at Maine Road in the fog. With some ten minutes to go we were losing 3-1 but won 4-3. Couldn't see too much though. It was 1957.

Last edited:

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a great read. Almost feel like I was there myself.

I was there, a sunny evening in May and 4 goals before half-time for Ted Farmer and 2 more for Cliff Durandt (who was manager of a team I played against in Rhodesia) in the 2nd half. Crowd of circa 15,000 for a youth team game, a fantastic evening.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a bit before my time that one. Once comeback I do always remember fondly was beating Leicester 4-3 after being down 3 0 at half time first time back in the prem. More pleasing and unexpected as we'd already suffered a few other heavy defeats in previous games that season 5-1 away to Blackburn in the opening game 4-0 at home to Charlton and 5-0 at home to Chelsea (not to mention 6-1 way to Morcambe pre season so at halftime it was looking like we were on our way to another thrashing. We had beaten City 1-0 to games previous for our first win of the season though

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A much forgotten but historic one happened on 7 Feb 1987. 1-0 down after 80 minutes v Stockport after a run of only 5 wins in our previous 20 games (including Chorley). Languishing in 14th in Div 4 and looking like 11 blokes who had never met before, or even seen a football, we somehow scored 3 in the last 10 minutes to win 3-1. After that we went on a run of 13 wins in our last 17 games to finish 4th, missing out on promotion by 1 point and losing the first ever play offs final to Aldershot. Ultimately that season ended in failure but that 3 goals in 10 minutes had lit the blue touchpaper on our road back to glory

D

Deleted member 4594

Last 2 nights were incredible but have they come from 2-0 down away at Barnsley to win 3-2? RIP Dean Richards.

MacTrizzle

Reaction score
Nice but it’s incomparable to the comeback Brian law made coming out of retirement to be a lynch pin in the Center of our defence. Oh and he stole a bus

Back
Top Bottom