Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Symapthy for the Gooners

Gold67

Groupie
Reaction score
Seems a little ditty is in rehearsals to serenade our chums in red & white, come Sunday....Along the lines of:
Last Christmas
You were top of the league
But now we're in May,
And you've thrown it away
8 points clear
Maybe next year
You're worse than ****ing Tottenham!

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
TBH mocking Arsenal would make me feel like I preferred it that Man City won the league (again). Out of the two, my preference was always for Arsenal to win the title ahead of Man City. The nonchalant, half hearted title winning celebrations at the Etihad last weekend only reinforced my view.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TBH mocking Arsenal would make me feel like I preferred it that Man City won the league (again). Out of the two, my preference was always for Arsenal to win the title ahead of Man City. The nonchalant, half hearted title winning celebrations at the Etihad last weekend only reinforced my view.
You preferred Arsenal's "World Cup Winners" celebrations at Molineux when they fluked a win then?

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems a little ditty is in rehearsals to serenade our chums in red & white, come Sunday....Along the lines of:
Last Christmas
But now we're in May,
8 points clear
Maybe next year
Saw this on Facebook yesterday. Sad really

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we're back to debating the merits and accuracy of football chants, god help us! It's football banter, if we were getting relegated you can bet Arsenal fans wouldn't debate if it was cruel to remind us on Sunday. You give it out, you get it back, relative club size, position or reality don't come in to it. Just relax, have fun and enjoy a for once stress free Wolves match!

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we're back to debating the merits and accuracy of football chants, god help us! It's football banter, if we were getting relegated you can bet Arsenal fans wouldn't debate if it was cruel to remind us on Sunday. You give it out, you get it back, relative club size, position or reality don't come in to it. Just relax, have fun and enjoy a for once stress free Wolves match!
Exactly this for me, we've had much worse sung about us over the years, I will be singing it Sunday :p

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Exactly it’s football banter arsenal fans would do the same.
Imagine the football conversations in work if no one took the p

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's banter for goodness sake, no one takes these thing literally.....well apart from some of the above posters....... If fans only sang chants that were literally true, then it would be a pretty quiet event.

Perhaps someone should re-write it saying how sorry we are that Arsenal ****ed it up and that we know they are much better than Spurs.....oh and that we're crap and were lucky to stay up....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last Christmas
But now we're in May,
8 points clear
Maybe next year
What's wrong with:

"Eight points clear and you ****ed it up"

or

"Champions of England? You're having a laugh!"?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We really are in no position to laugh at Arsenal considering where we're going to finish.

Logically, yes. But Arsenal are a club that finishing 10th is a "disasterous" season. Worst in 50 years. Sack the board, manager, media articles about their crises every day. Us finishing 13th is a decent season, in context.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After Brighton,,I doubt it ll stay nil nil long enough to finish the second verse

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Those moaning, I'll give you evens that none of you will even be at the Emirates.
Always the way on here. 'Oh no, don't sing that' say a bunch of people who never sing anything. Like most people I'll either join in or I won't. But half the fun is the atmosphere and if you don't join in there is none, so it'll be the former. So barring any actual offensive stuff I'll happily sing along with whatever is being sung. Given Ramsdale is a tit and we'll probably be 3 down by half time, the earlier the better. If they get to give us plenty back later, we'll have to take it as we're not 6 years old.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is sad and makes us look even more crap than we really are.
My worry is chanting all of this and they demolish us on Sunday, which is very likely given our woeful away form.
So then they can sing about smashing us and we can still respond to the bottle jobs with a more a cutting response.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last Christmas
But now we're in May,
8 points clear
Maybe next year
Very Good

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those moaning, I'll give you evens that none of you will even be at the Emirates.

Exactly

I’m gonna going to enjoy giving them and that Baggie ***** in goal some **** on Sunday after the way they behaved at their place last season.

Ramsdale “boinging” at the wolves fans all through the second half

Their fans spitting and throwing coins and bottles at us when the second goal went in

Ramsdale running half the length of the pitch to celebrate in Neves’ face.

Regardless of how many they smash us by it won’t take away the pain they have after celebrating like they’ve won the league every week only to end up finishing 2nd lol

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Last Christmas
But now we're in May,
8 points clear
Maybe next year
I'll give it a go on Sunday... ha ha

**** Arsenal.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Just btw, it's surely got to be '8 clear' not '8 points clear' to make it scan?

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
in direct response to the thread title you are having a giraffe, they deserve what is coming the way they celebrated their victory at Molineux thinking they were going to go on and romp the league,ha ha ha entitled upstarts i do not care what the score is on sunday they bottled their big opportunity .now if only Ruben could somehow notch a winner....

Back
Top Bottom