Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Suspensions

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are Lemina and Gomes suspended for the next two games??

Cant see anything on this.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope.

Lemina and Gomes only picked up their ninth bookings at Forest.

Semedo was on 9 cards going into the Forest game, but he didn't get booked.

The cut-off point has now passed as well, so I think you'd need 15 bookings to get a suspension that way. So only way we will miss players through suspension between now and end of the season is if they get sent off.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
What is the date for that...ie does it include Saturday's game, which was the cutoff.
Honestly it's fine, only Semedo was in danger.

It's remarkable when you think how quickly some got to 5. Whether that's because the refs have softened or the players have adapted is hard to say. I reckon a couple of Semedo's for taking 5 seconds to take a throw in would look very harsh now though, and surrounding the ref seems to be fine for bigger clubs at least.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope.

The cut-off point has now passed as well, so I think you'd need 15 bookings to get a suspension that way. So only way we will miss players through suspension between now and end of the season is if they get sent off.

Shush....for gods sake dont ell the refs that.:eek:

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's remarkable when you think how quickly some got to 5. Whether that's because the refs have softened or the players have adapted is hard to say. I reckon a couple of Semedo's for taking 5 seconds to take a throw in would look very harsh now though, and surrounding the ref seems to be fine for bigger clubs at least.
One of his (v Villa IIRC) was for stumbling over a ball someone had blasted at him following a foul being given...

The surrounding/complaining to the referees is one we've been particularly hard done by I'd say.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope.

I am sure the PGMOL will instruct their referees not to give any yellow cards to Wolves players. The instruction will read ‚‘red cards only to Wolves players‘… :)

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good, so now is great time to start dishing out crunching tackles left, right and center, and raising the spirits in the stands as well.
I've been missing those for some time now :)
Problem is, Lemina put in a good and fair (imv) tackle on Saturday and picked up a yellow for his troubles.

Contact with another player seems to be outlawed now in the PGMOL book of fair play.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You only have to look at the numbers that come up for the big club players to see how they are dished out. When I see Casemiro on 5 yellows for the season, Maguire on something like 3, and the number our players are on.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure I noticed a softening of referee’s attitude towards tough tackling possibly just before Xmas. They certainly seemed to let a lot more carry on before blowing the whistle.

Back
Top Bottom