Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Surrounding the ref again

Reaction score
I tell my players that only the captain can question the Ref or ask him a direct question.
I inform the ref of this before game, and we carry out to the letter, you'll find it surprising how many refs give unconscious decision in our favour after the opposition kick off all the time.
Last week they sin binned a player for 10 minute and we scored 2 goals.
Bring Sin bins in for the Pro game - that will shut them up.
Good strategy mate. The youth refs who have started to build up a bit experience/confidence, will have the confidence to not give the v marginal decisions to the "moaners". The local circuits are very small too, so if a player has called you all the names under the sun in a previous match, that will be easily remembered too.

i think it swings back the other way when they get older though and further into grassroots open-age categories

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are but the England captain is reffed differently to others.
It’s been that way for a while. Anyone remember the time Neil Lennon head butted England captain Alan Shearer’s boot one night at Filbert Street.

At least that’s what the referee that night and the FA saw.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stopping the clock only goes so far as a solution though. A lot of teams use these antics to break up the game not just kill time.
I can understand using it as a tactic, but at the moment the tactic is to break up play and waste a bunch of time. It would address the time wasting aspect.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't see the match, but I'd be interested to know if the third player ran up aggresively, or was it more of a laid back approach, or merely a non-confrontational skip up to the official ?

There's obviously a fine line that shouldn't be crossed.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed. Weirdest thing I’ve seen in a long time, what was he doing?
Raul did the same last season at the South Bank end. I think a lot of people who had come to accept and occasionally admire gamesmanship (i.e., cheating) have become cheesed off with how endemic it's become in the English game. It ruins the spectacle - sometimes the last 30 odd mins of a game are completely ruined and have very little meaningful action because of the chipping away at the ref, standing in front of free kicks, goalies needlessly moving the ball along the 6 yard box, feigning injury etc.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the idea of treating injuries / 'injuries' on field. It's not without risks but on balance worth it imo.

Regarding crowding round the ref, there's a solution already in place... just apply it consistently for ****s sake!

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I ****ing hate this surrouding stuff.
We shouldn´t be doing it..it is like mental patients surrounding their doctor.
I like to see decent football instead..you know?
Us scoring some goals,us not rooling around grasslevel each and every time close..and us not overly celebrating a goal pitchlike.
Yes,I am kinda old nowadays..and not everything back then was better..just some things.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why don’t we carry on playing like rugby with trainers able to treat player with play continuing. That and a stop clock would stop it….
Agree, but how long before someone decided to pass the ball gently to the exact spot where treatment was being undertaken just to cause a hold up to play, (that's if anyone had the skill and ball control to manage it of course.)

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, but how long before someone decided to pass the ball gently to the exact spot where treatment was being undertaken just to cause a hold up to play, (that's if anyone had the skill and ball control to manage it of course.)

I think you’re right. They will find some way to force the referee to stop the game. As it stands at the moment, if a player has a head injury then the referee must stop the game, but how many times do players go down holding their head irrespective of whether they have a head injury?

I repeat what I have said many times, all this play acting is just cheating.

Back
Top Bottom