Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Surely no team problems?

gewolf

Reaction score
We have all agreed throughout the season that we have not only good players but a team in which everyone gets on, but the first time I wondered slightly about this was watching one of the Tankard Questions videos with three of the Portuguese guys. They said how annoying/irritating Coady's voice was but I put it down to being just them joking - nothing serious.
The second time was seeing most or all of the non-British players with their friends/other halves eating and drinking round a table. Initially I thought at the time that it was a shame that not even one of the Brits had got involved but then I decided that although all the players speak English it was probably for the benefit of the wives and girl friends that it was organised so that there was no need to speak or repeat anything in English.

Now for the point. One of the many really enjoyable things for me has been the way that after every goal all 10 outfield players have immediately celebrated together. After our goal yesterday it was noticeable that although some went straight over to be with Jota, including, inevitably, Connor Coady, what, if anything, did anyone think when Coady turned away from the small group and started waving to everyone else to come over and join them?
Unfortunately at that time Sky began to show the goal again from different cameras and by the time the programme went live again Villa were kicking off so I don't know what happened. Also as I was watching on Sky I couldn't see where the players who hadn't immediately joined in were or what they were doing.
Did any of you who were at the ground notice anything?
By the way I am not a glass half empty guy and firmly believe that we will get six points from our next two home games but it just seemed unusual yesterday.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was watching on tele so not there but I actually turned to my mum and dad and praised that celebration, saying look at them. Neves and Coady were tapping their heads, telling them to focus, this is our time, and telling the others who had already celebrated and were resuming their positions to come back for a quick chat to presumably give them a bit of a team pep talk. It was actually refreshing to see, personally, and we dominated the rest of the half.

Shame we went to pot in the second half.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are feeling the pressure. They are young lads who aren't used to the pressure of being there to be shot at.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there but was too busy celebrating to notice. At leeds everyone celebrated goals 2 and 3

W

we8wba

They are feeling the pressure. They are young lads who aren't used to the pressure of being there to be shot at.

Apologises if I’ve got this wrong but are you saying they’re young and never experienced this?

If so couldn’t be further truth

WolvesKop

Reaction score
Apologises if I’ve got this wrong but are you saying they’re young and never experienced this?

If so couldn’t be further truth
agreed. Nevs, Jota, Boly have played in the champions league, Neves even captained FC Porto in a champions league match(youngest captain in champions league history btw) to say they have not been in pressure situations before would be laughable

Reaction score
agreed. Nevs, Jota, Boly have played in the champions league, Neves even captained FC Porto in a champions league match(youngest captain in champions league history btw) to say they have not been in pressure situations before would be laughable

They’ve probably not been such key figures in it though, there would have been more senior or experienced players to look to. This time they need to get us out of it.

D

Deleted member 4453

I work with a bunch of colleagues at work. I don't potentially see them as great friends nor do I see them as enemies.
We all know what our roles are in our given job and what we must do.

Granted football is a lot more enjoyable industry but the same applies.

I know Coady and Danny had an exchange of words (not a bad one btw) as everyone got back into position. Aswell he is probably above it but I wonder if giving the armband up to Danny effects him? He has been resolute in the role and it just gets taken off him like that, or is that all part and parcel of the "club captain" role?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nobody said they have never been in pressure situations. Neves and Jota may well have played in a successful side but they weren't the experienced heads holding it together, only Rui Pedro was younger than them in that whole squad - they had players like Casillas, Pereira, Brahimi and Layùn to do that.

Our successful players are inexperienced and our experienced players are less successful. It's little wonder they are having a little wobble at the top. We will come through it, I'm sure.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was watching on tele so not there but I actually turned to my mum and dad and praised that celebration, saying look at them. Neves and Coady were tapping their heads, telling them to focus, this is our time, and telling the others who had already celebrated and were resuming their positions to come back for a quick chat to presumably give them a bit of a team pep talk. It was actually refreshing to see, personally, and we dominated the rest of the half.

Shame we went to pot in the second half.

Yep thats the way i saw it, no elaborate celebration, Jota, Coady and Neves basically saying/ gesturing to "calm down, relax, play our own game, focus."

D

Deleted member 3751

This is the one thing I was concerned about this season, how the young players would cope with a bad run. I'm sure they'll come through it but as you say, this is something they haven't experienced before because they don't have the old heads to turn to

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Being in a pressure situation for a short time i.e. one or two matches is far far different to being in it for several weeks or months at a time - like ours has been pretty much since the turn of the year away at Barnsley, with a few exceptions afterwards I think that was the first match I remember where what we do didn't really work.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A friend of mine saw Bonatini and Douglas out for a meal the other day so I doubt there's a British/Foreign split.

S

SavageWolf

A friend of mine saw Bonatini and Douglas out for a meal the other day so I doubt there's a British/Foreign split.
Nahhh this is a very together team but obviously they will be closer to the team mates they get on with most.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its natural you will have separate tables with you WAGs,all speaking the same language, eating the same type of foods
Over the season we have seen all the players celebrating goals,some players celebrate wildly ,others with just a handshake or a casual well done,its how you are as a person nothing to do with unity
I'm sure some players are more friendly with a certain group than with others,again its just human nature,but from what I have seen this group is as tight knit as any we have had for many years

Mr Chad

Groupie
Reaction score
I spotted the lack of players celebrating our goal on Saturday. For me, it was representative of the overall lack of interest shown by them throughout the game, when they appeared to be simply going through the motions.

I wonder if they know that whatever's been going on behind the scenes will come out when EFL carry out their investigations, so the results of the remaining games have no bearing on what league they'll be playing in next season.

Or have I been reading Mr Turner's posts for too long ??? ;)

Truthfully, I did wonder whether at that point (off camera) some of the players were reacting to either Villa fans or officials, which is why Coady was calling them over and telling them to calm down.

S

ShropshireLad

I spotted the lack of players celebrating our goal on Saturday. For me, it was representative of the overall lack of interest shown by them throughout the game, when they appeared to be simply going through the motions.

I wonder if they know that whatever's been going on behind the scenes will come out when EFL carry out their investigations, so the results of the remaining games have no bearing on what league they'll be playing in next season.
There's too much emphasis on goal celebrations. It's concentration that's key.

As for the EFL meeting - that's all it is, it's a meeting to remind the club of everyone's responsibilities. We've already been checked out and there isn't a problem. The players will not be affected by the thought of what might happen next season as they are constantly reminded (and so are we) by Nuno that they don't get carried away and it's the next game which is important.

We won't be docked points and if the club is fined for whatever reason it isn't something which will concern the players.

Mr Chad

Groupie
Reaction score
There's too much emphasis on goal celebrations. It's concentration that's key.

As for the EFL meeting - that's all it is, it's a meeting to remind the club of everyone's responsibilities. We've already been checked out and there isn't a problem. The players will not be affected by the thought of what might happen next season as they are constantly reminded (and so are we) by Nuno that they don't get carried away and it's the next game which is important.

We won't be docked points and if the club is fined for whatever reason it isn't something which will concern the players.

Sorry, I should have made it more obvious that the first part of my post was having a laugh at Turner's expense.

My only slight concern is that we may have erred arguably the wrong side of a grey line (for example, would giving the club's agent a cut in any transfer fee above a certain figure be regarded as creating a third party ownership ? I'd say no, the agent could be whoever we appoint for that particular transaction. It could be argued that it does if the agent we appoint is 95% certain to be a particular agent (Mendes). However, if its an arguable matter I can't see any punishment being excessive, so not unduly worried about it.

S

ShropshireLad

Sorry, I should have made it more obvious that the first part of my post was having a laugh at Turner's expense.

My only slight concern is that we may have erred arguably the wrong side of a grey line (for example, would giving the club's agent a cut in any transfer fee above a certain figure be regarded as creating a third party ownership ? I'd say no, the agent could be whoever we appoint for that particular transaction. It could be argued that it does if the agent we appoint is 95% certain to be a particular agent (Mendes). However, if its an arguable matter I can't see any punishment being excessive, so not unduly worried about it.
Aye. Besides, there's no third party "ownership" of any of our players as far as I can understand.

Back
Top Bottom