Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Super Mick!

NOKASPLACE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling he will end up back at Ireland as Manager if Trapp quits.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'd fit in well with that dreadful football that Ireland play along with the defending!

Last edited by a moderator:

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They seem to be very similar managers - and that might count again Mick, as many Irish fans are crying out for something different.

Similarities:

- Gameplan based around solidity and hard-work, but with two wingers nonetheless.
- Both have favourites, and are reluctant to blood more exciting youngsters or drop out of form players.
- Get the best out of limited players, but found out at highest level.
- Stephen Ward!

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The obsession with all things Mick McCarthy on this forum makes me laugh. He was sacked wasnt he?

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An obsession that only continues with your obsessing over it.

306NOTOUT

Currently drinking with Steve Staunton an Motty!! SS loves wardy not

NOKASPLACE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The obsession with all things Mick McCarthy on this forum makes me laugh. He was sacked wasnt he?

I am a big fan of Mick and everything he did at Wolves. Yes the last 18 months have been hard and I agree he should have gone earlier than he did, but I appreciate everything he did when he joined and dragged us up from the sorry state we were in.

I therefore bear him no malice and hope he gets a good job, I think a return to IE would suit him.

If he came back to Molineux with another club I would also hope he gets a rousing reception

R

reanswolf

I felt sorry for Doyle not playing, but the way ireland played due to trappatoni anyway left him deserted up front.

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Mick and everything he did at Wolves. Yes the last 18 months have been hard and I agree he should have gone earlier than he did, but I appreciate everything he did when he joined and dragged us up from the sorry state we were in.

I therefore bear him no malice and hope he gets a good job, I think a return to IE would suit him.

If he came back to Molineux with another club I would also hope he gets a rousing reception

Sums up my feelings exactly. Well said.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't need him to go to Ireland, we need him to go to another club with some money to spend so that we can quickly unload the likes of Edwards, Ward and Connor.

K

kidderminster wolf

Not so super mick how dare you brand him with such words he is the main reason we got relegated for signing players like roger johnson and making them captain so you tell me what was so super about that signing.

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not so super mick how dare you brand him with such words he is the main reason we got relegated for signing players like roger johnson and making them captain so you tell me what was so super about that signing.

"How dare you"? Bit melodramatic, mate. You sound like my old schoolmaster, though he at least knew how to punctuate a sentence.

loopy lupine

Reaction score

He is also the main reason why we spent 3 years in the Premier League.

I think Keane (Roy, not Robbie) is nailed on for the Eire job, unless he shot his lot with the authorities after the teddy tantrum in Japan.

S

SCB

Exactemento!
:cool:

W

we8wba

same as noka, wish him all best one best managers if not the best in recent years worked miracles overstayed his stay though by several months

wish him all the best in next job he takes but can we just leave him to him now

he's not at wolves i couldnt careless if he goes ireland, pboro, norwich, torquay

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I have a real close affinity with Mick a stand up honest guy, the real antidote to the shyster before him. He did so much for this club and I for one will remember him for that.

Like an old colleague or friend I will watch him as his career progresses and will certainly wish him well And stand and applaud him should he return to Molineux.

Just because he has left us doesn't make him a lesser or different person, when I see him on TV I still feel like a part of him belongs to us.

I'm not a Mick apologist (thought he should have stood down last summer), but I won't apologise for wishing him well and following his career, unlike quite a number of mercenary supporters on here!

Sent from my brain using some software or other...

O

Oldgoldwulf

I have a real close affinity with Mick a stand up honest guy, the real antidote to the shyster before him. He did so much for this club and I for one will remember him for that.

Like an old colleague or friend I will watch him as his career progresses and will certainly wish him well And stand and applaud him should he return to Molineux.

Just because he has left us doesn't make him a lesser or different person, when I see him on TV I still feel like a part of him belongs to us.

I'm not a Mick apologist (thought he should have stood down last summer), but I won't apologise for wishing him well and following his career, unlike quite a number of mercenary supporters on here!

Excellent post - sums up the way I feel pretty much as well.

O

Oaky65

+1 Noka

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Likewise. Mick did more for our club than anyone for years, and he did it with a smile & a brilliantly miserable & grumpy attitude!

He also made us a popular team with many people, a club with a strong & decent identity - a nice contrast to our usual reputation as spoiled brats / hoodlums / ungrateful wink-wonks.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His first three years in charge he did a great job, but that was the moment he should have left. A board who had there fingers on the pulse would have got rid of him. As much as people hate to admit it, he did keep us up by default the two years we were in the PL on a budget far exceeding others. We were painfully lucky things panned out for us the way they did 2009-2011. I have never really liked Mick as a person, I couldn't stand his ego and the way he treated favourites over younger players who never got a chance under him but have gone on to blossom since (Bennett, Davies, Surman, Davis, Forde, Batth.. latter two to a certain extent) and the moment he turned to paying supporters and told them to $$$$ off he should have been booted there and then. After the Swansea game it will always bother me where we could have ended up should we have sacked him then and got a manager in to access the squad properly ahead of the transfer window.

I was the happiest man in the black country when he finally left and at least I can now respect him more than I ever did while he was at Wolves.

K

kidderminster wolf

If mick bought a team to molineux he'd get booed from me and many others.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

On a scale of 1-10, how loud would your 'boo' be?

Great posts Noka and Still Proud. Echo my sentiments completely.

D

DJW

Me too, and i have never been a big fan of Micks.

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm with you...

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Don't usually post negatively about comments from other posters...but I have to say, you are talking complete tosh.

Each to his or her own though...

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I wasn't the biggest Mick fan and I felt his time was up well before he was sacked. However, what he has done for the club is remarkable. He came in with no resources and barely enough senior players to field a starting 11. He transformed the squad with great, young exciting signings like Kightly and Jarvis. We won the Championship which we had struggled to do for many years and then stopped up at our first attempt finishing 15th. His time was up when Blackburn were beating us 3-0 at half time on the last day, we somehow managed to stop up but he should of gone after that day. I'll always applaud Mick when he comes back to the Mol for the job he done for the club.
If you don't want to applaud him and would rather boo then fine but those are the sort of fans that give this club a bad reputation.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn't the biggest Mick fan and I felt his time was up well before he was sacked. However, what he has done for the club is remarkable. He came in with no resources and barely enough senior players to field a starting 11. He transformed the squad with great, young exciting signings like Kightly and Jarvis. We won the Championship which we had struggled to do for many years and then stopped up at our first attempt finishing 15th. His time was up when Blackburn were beating us 3-0 at half time on the last day, we somehow managed to stop up but he should of gone after that day. I'll always applaud Mick when he comes back to the Mol for the job he done for the club.
If you don't want to applaud him and would rather boo then fine but those are the sort of fans that give this club a bad reputation.

well said

E

Edgmond Wolf

He did Wolves proud and I for one would applaud him

Back
Top Bottom