Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

SUPER MICK McCARTHY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes i know Mick's gone and all that, and i know that we have and are getting rid of some of the deadwood from his era...BUT....

DON'T FORGET..

HE bought Kightly for $25k

HE bought Jarvis for $600k

HE bought Fletcher for $7M

As a result, (with some hard bargaining by Jez of course) he has helped earn the club over 20 Million quid by improving the above players hence increased value. So before harping on about what a mess he left the club in, i believe he left a good legacy for the next manager to build on. I was sad to see him go but know in my heart it was the right decision. I'm very impressed with Stale so far though, i love his attention to detail. I now realise when he says he watched 38 DVDs..he DID WATCH ALL 38!!! Listen to his pre match conferences when he talks about the opposition. i was so impressed he could detail all of Derby's previous matches, of how they played etc. Think this is going to turn out to be a good spot by Steve M...

R

robwolf

Mods can you please close this thread down. We all know how its going to go. Bickering is guaranteed!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well for a starter all of your fees are wrong, I'm pretty sure we don't use dollars over here. Unless the Americans have invaded early!?

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't we just put a small statue up or name some bogs in the new stand after him to satisfy the serial necrophiliacs and please just finally move on once and for all.

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He also bought Ward, Berra, Egg, Stearman, Edwards and many more $$$$ players.

S

SEKOTN

I agree with Bahama Wolf.

What did Mick inherit?

What did Staale inherit?

I hope the next manager is a long way down the line, but inherits a similar level of progression......

Ingrates....

D

Deleted member 4099

I did see a man who looked like Tom Hicks in the £75 seats Saturday in the new north bonk. So maybe $ the yanks $ are coming. I'm not joking either.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He also bought Ward, Berra, Egg, Stearman, Edwards and many more $$$$ players.

Ward and Berra haven't been that bad. The Egg has barely played. The rest I'll agree with you on though. For every good buy there was 2 bad buys at least.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did see a man who looked like Tom Hicks in the £75 seats Saturday in the new north bonk. So maybe $ the yanks $ are coming. I'm not joking either.

The oilfields in Afghanistan and Iraq must have dried up :goodnight:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes i know Mick's gone and all that, and i know that we have and are getting rid of some of the deadwood from his era...BUT....

DON'T FORGET..

HE bought Kightly for $25k

HE bought Jarvis for $600k

HE bought Fletcher for $7M

As a result, (with some hard bargaining by Jez of course) he has helped earn the club over 20 Million quid by improving the above players hence increased value. So before harping on about what a mess he left the club in, i believe he left a good legacy for the next manager to build on. I was sad to see him go but know in my heart it was the right decision. I'm very impressed with Stale so far though, i love his attention to detail. I now realise when he says he watched 38 DVDs..he DID WATCH ALL 38!!! Listen to his pre match conferences when he talks about the opposition. i was so impressed he could detail all of Derby's previous matches, of how they played etc. Think this is going to turn out to be a good spot by Steve M...
Not surprised you think he is super Mick when you selectively choose to just see one aspect of a very sorry picture.
Thankfully the guy has gone and that we managed to get a profit on our best players. This of course helps to offset the money we will lose on the others. Never mind the money we lose because of being relegated. And that's the start.

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not advocating we get Mick back or anything, i'm just saying despite all his faults he DID leave the club in a better state than he found it with some gems of good value that could be built on by someone else..

S

SEKOTN

Not surprised you think he is super Mick when you selectively choose to just see one aspect of a very sorry picture.
Thankfully the guy has gone and that we managed to get a profit on our best players. This of course helps to offset the money we will lose on the others. Never mind the money we lose because of being relegated. And that's the start.

Couldn't have been relegated to the Championship if we hadn't been in the Prem.....

Ingrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom