Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Super Mario

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Didn't put a foot wrong all game (well, perhaps just once) - fantastic performance, he was everywhere.

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
Unbelievable performance, the guy was immense all over the place , proper unit that acted like a lion protecting the Cubs , not only does he not shirk a challenge, he loves a challenge, fantastic piece of buisiness that will let Ruben and nunes concentrate on there own game which will surely benefit us , a word for Dawson to , great leadership at the back and belted that ball into the net like bully reborn , more of the same please lads

D

Deleted member (smith)

So why did Southampton loan him out and sell him to Nice?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had some ego problems, coming from Juventus I think he felt he was a bit above them at the time. He was still very good at times, but not consistent. He's since had a child and settled down.

Good article/interview here where he talks about where it went wrong for him at the time:

Mario Lemina: 'At Southampton I was more focused on myself than I was on the team...'

Sounds like a very shrewd signing from Matt Hobbs.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Southampton fans on Twitter say he was very inconsistent could look a world beater one game and then do nothing for several games. Also that he didn't seem to fancy it there in a bottom team and had some attitude issues.

But seems like he's matured in the last few years hopefully for us anyway.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was superb today and allowed Neves to get forward more.

I hope he can keep up this form for the rest of the season because he makes us look like a quality side.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Southampton fans on Twitter say he was very inconsistent could look a world beater one game and then do nothing for several games. Also that he didn't seem to fancy it there in a bottom team and had some attitude issues.

But seems like he's matured in the last few years hopefully for us anyway.

He's a lot older now, I think we all mature even footballers so I agree with this sentiment, the team as a whole looks better for having two experienced players added in Lemina and Dawson.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always liked lemina whenever I’ve seen him. Had hoped we’d get him before now. There has always been a top player there IMV. Fantastic today

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed the game, reading other posts, missing it massively hope to make a game soon.

I had a sneaking feeling when I bought the tickets that we might get a result. I even wondered if we might hammer them. That’s despite my last game being the awful home game against Leicester!

To watch that first 15 mins and then to see Neves playing a cameo as our missing striker, and to do it in the company of 30k vocal Wolves fans was absolutely fantastic. Stayed to the end to applaud the team and coach, as did the vast majority of home fans. Fully deserved it today and it was a privilege to be there in person to enjoy it.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We either need a version of the Suoer Mick song for him or we go full hog with the super Mario theme tune.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Outstanding today, right place right time whenever Liverpool attacked,

He seems to compliment Neves perfectly, the most important player on the pitch for us today.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half when he gave the ball away and chased it down as Alexander Arnold while trying to bring the ball out of defence TAA actually **** himself and gave us the ball back, absolute monster.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is probably our best signing for years.

He is a player this boy.

Allows Neves and Nunes to go and play whilst he mops up and then some.

Without him today Neves doesn't make the run for his goal. Cracking signing.
He's great but nunes was quiet today.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I referenced earlier in the week about him being the most significant incoming.

Not only for what he does as an individual, but the fact he allows Neves to focus primarily on passing. The fact he supports the attack. We've needed this type of player more than anything for 2-3 years.

Absolute quality today.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've got bouba and Joao gomes who can also play the same role if needed....to add to the equation if needed....

Our cupeth overfloweth! With midfielderth.

Several times today, he'd block off a Liverpool player on one side the pitch, they'd switch play to the other side and a couple of seconds later, it would be "won back by Lemina". It really was like there was 2 of him. Only 29, so the best could still be ahead of him.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seen Nunes getting a bit of criticism today, but look where he's played. Think he did a decent job in a role that doesn't suit him.
He actually did really well in the defensive side of things today and won the ball back numerous times on the edge of our box. Didn’t know he had that skill set!

However he was very hit and miss in his attacking play today, but still a good 7/10 performance. Quality midfielder

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen Nunes getting a bit of criticism today, but look where he's played. Think he did a decent job in a role that doesn't suit him.

I'm not his biggest fan (yes he's getting much better) but even I would say the role today didn't really suit him and he did reasonably well. Did well defensively I'd imagine he is there for a specific reason not because Lopetegui thinks he is a left mid where he isn't really going to shine.

Liskeard wolf

Reaction score
Quality players always seem to have more time with the ball than others. Thought he strolled through the game yesterday. Superb!

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A great statement result for all of our new players. Helps with ‘the vision’ - if we get it together, we can mix it with the big boys.

Back
Top Bottom