Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sunday At Anfield

John Richards 1974

Reaction score
My last visit to Anfield like most of you was back in 2019 .......... A dubious Liverpool goal allowed by VAR despite 2 handballs in the build up and a perfectly good 1st Premier league for Neto disallowed by VAR the referee that day Anthony Taylor who will be in charge again on Sunday.

I am hoping that Aston Villa hold Manchester City to a draw and Liverpool have a last minute winner disallowed by VAR .....................................please post your best scenarios for our last game this season.

1976 at Molineux still hurts :eek:

Last edited:

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My last visit to Anfield like most of you was back in 2019 .......... A dubious Liverpool goal allowed allowed by VAR despite 2 handballs in the build up and a perfectly good 1st Premier league for Neto disallowed by VAR the referee that day Anthony Taylor who will be in charge again on Sunday.

I am hoping that Aston Villa hold Manchester City to a draw and Liverpool have a last minute winner disallowed by VAR .....................................please post your best scenarios for our last game this season.

Anthony Taylor pulls up lame in his warm up.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I was there for the game that probably beat all others in proving the unfairness of VAR. Casual look to check their goal, microscopic analysis of ours. Sadly couldn't get tickets for this one.

Those were days of determined defence and incisive attack though. Now we've got a rather shambolic defence resorting to a formation I don't think anyone really understands. We've also got an attack lacking any pace, incision or belief.

I went 5-0 in the prediction league and with my gold tinted glasses off I think that is about what I expect.

John Richards 1974

Reaction score
I was there for the game that probably beat all others in proving the unfairness of VAR. Casual look to check their goal, microscopic analysis of ours. Sadly couldn't get tickets for this one.

Those were days of determined defence and incisive attack though. Now we've got a rather shambolic defence resorting to a formation I don't think anyone really understands. We've also got an attack lacking any pace, incision or belief.

I went 5-0 in the prediction league and with my gold tinted glasses off I think that is about what I expect.
Yes, I think we could be in for drubbing in this game but i hope not........... Last games in a Wolves Shirt for a fair few including Neves & Raul i believe

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s the 95th minute, Villa have beaten City and Liverpool are 1-0 up. News is filtering through to Anfield and the crowd are getting excited, Wolves are on the break and the ref blows his whistle, a few Liverpool fans think it’s the final whistle so spill onto the pitch but it’s a free kick to Wolves. Once the pitch has been cleared the free kick is swung in and Jose Sa wins the header at the back post, heads is across the face of goal to CONOR COADY who makes it 1-1! City are Champions!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member drgr12429

It’s the 95th minute, Villa have beaten City and Liverpool are 1-0 up. News is filtering through to Anfield and the crowd are getting excited, Wolves are on the break and the ref blows his whistle, a few Liverpool fans think it’s the final whistle so spill onto the pitch but it’s a free kick to Wolves. Once the pitch has been cleared the free kick is swung in and Jose Sa wins the header at the back post, heads is across the face of goal to CONOR COADY who makes it 1-1! City are Champions!
I'd buy that for a dollar!

Rusty Staples

Groupie
Reaction score
I am going 1-1 City ,Villa scoring equaliser in storage time and 4-1 Liverpool .

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll finish off the season with a magnificent 7 in a row without a win!

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We go 1 down in the first minute, villa go 1 up, it all stays the same until injury time when city score 4 in 3 minutes and we get 2 penalties to win our game.
Would hear scouse hearts break from miles away, only to be drowned out by the sound of laughter.

wesley

Reaction score
Dreaming is for free!

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City losing and Liverpool winning 1-0 deep into injury time. Liverpool fans get too confidant and let off red flairs in celebration completely engulfing the kop end which wolves are kicking towards…..,

Sa gets the ball and boots long downfield ….. the ball comes out of the mist but but Liverpool defenders couldn’t see Raul for red smoke …..he ghosts through gets on the end of it and smashes it in for 1-1…….

The red mist literally comes down on Klopp

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My last visit to Anfield like most of you was back in 2019 .......... A dubious Liverpool goal allowed allowed by VAR despite 2 handballs in the build up and a perfectly good 1st Premier league for Neto disallowed by VAR the referee that day Anthony Taylor who will be in charge again on Sunday.

Villa beat City. Our game is about three minutes behind and, when the news filters through, it’s 1-1 with Liverpool in the ascendancy. The Anfiekd crowd goes mad, urging their team on. The board goes up … seven minutes.

In the 99th minute, Neves gets on the end of a Moutinho corner and heads in the winner.

The VAR check takes three minutes. The goal stands.

The final whistle goes.

The end … of the quadruple, of Neves at Wolves, of the season.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
It's a given Liverpool will win especially as we will get a payment for Jota if they win the league. I don't see any other result. It's got coady mistakes all over it

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With so many people watching this game, I hope we give a damn good account of ourselves, even if we lose by a goal.
Anybody know if Podence is back yet?

edit…oops…… forgot Podence is back

Last edited:

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Wolves fans going to Liverpool tomorrow, will see lots of construction work outside the Anfield Road End.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto goal to deny Liverpool the title. Oh, yes please.

Followed by a 10 minute review by VAR, which finds that one of Raul’s hairs floated off in the build and touched the ball. He wasn’t actually in an offside position, but his hair was, and Stockeley Park advised that this was considered a part of him as it could affect the flight of the ball, and rules out the goal. On the comms, Carragher agrees and says this is what makes the Premier League the best league in the world. Peter Walton agrees with VAR.

As a postscript, when he sees the incident later that evening, Pep goes full Inspector Dreyfus, takes up smoking but shoots the tip of his nose off with a discarded City flare gun he thought was a lighter. He’s later sectioned muttering to himself “why does the U.K. love Liverpool so much?”. In the US, NBC Sports hails the Premier League as the best sporting competition after the NFL, College Football, NBA, MLB and NASCAR and signs a new enhanced TV rights deal after heavy competition from Prime and Netflix.

Last edited:

kentish wolf

Reaction score
Some great predictions on this thread.
But I can only see a 3 defeat for Villa and the same result at Anfield for us unfortunately 3=0 to the bin dippers.
But as we all know its a funny old game.

Rusty Staples

Groupie
Reaction score
Only ever been to Anfield twice, both in the 70s. We lost both times, 3-2 and 4-2.
Great game of football the 3-2 magnificent goal from the Doog early on then to fall behind only for Kenny Hibbitt to equalise .....but yes a late late penalty for hand ball by McAlle gave Liverpool the points .

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crickey……forgot that! I miss my memory……aghhhhhh.

Motto of this……think a sec before typing:confused:

Isn’t he playing through injury with injections though? My god I hope he does play as we look devoid of inspiration to cross the half way line without him.

Rusty Staples

Groupie
Reaction score
Only ever been to Anfield twice, both in the 70s. We lost both times, 3-2 and 4-2.
Great game the 3-2 Liverpool first home game of the season 54,000+ balmy August evening ko . Magnificent early goal from the Doog only then to fall behind then for Kenny Hibbitt to equalise with a great team goal .....and would you believe it John McAlle handling in storage time to give away a penalty !!!.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gerrard a surprise inclusion on the Villa bench after a food poisoning outbreak and secretly registering himself in January.

He is forced to come on with 5 minutes to go after McGinn is injured, his team unbelievably holding City off at 0-0.

Liverpool are 1-0 up against Wolves, the title is theirs with just a few minutes left to play.

Then Gerrard slips receiving the ball on halfway and gifts City a goal.

Upon hearing the news filter through, Liverpool are demoralised and give away 2 late goals to Wolves.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great game of football the 3-2 magnificent goal from the Doog early on then to fall behind only for Kenny Hibbitt to equalise .....but yes a late late penalty for hand ball by McAlle gave Liverpool the points .
i was there for this one....soft penalty decided it.....pre 6VAR was often just as bad as 6VAR

Last edited:

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great game the 3-2 Liverpool first home game of the season 54,000+ balmy August evening ko . Magnificent early goal from the Doog only then to fall behind then for Kenny Hibbitt to equalise with a great team goal .....and would you believe it John McAlle handling in storage time to give away a penalty !!!.
Exactly as I remember it. Tommy Smith scored the penalty

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My last visit to Anfield like most of you was back in 2019 .......... A dubious Liverpool goal allowed by VAR despite 2 handballs in the build up and a perfectly good 1st Premier league for Neto disallowed by VAR the referee that day Anthony Taylor who will be in charge again on Sunday.

We would have won the game on Anthony Taylor’s decisions to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom